Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:37 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times

Advertisements

Transgender high school student stars on female track team: ‘I do hope I inspire people’
Andraya Yearwood, transgender athlete, stars on female high school track team - Washington Times

Quote:
Connecticut high school is allowing a 15-year-old transgender student who identifies as a girl to run on its female track team.

Coaches at Cromwell High School are thrilled with freshman Andraya Yearwood, whose speed compared to biological girls makes the student a star. Andraya clocked times of 11.99 seconds and 26.34 seconds in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, respectively, during the first meet of the season. Both times resulted in a first-place win.

“I have a spectacular female athlete,” coach Brian Calhoun told the Hartford Courant. “There’s nothing more to say. To approach it in any other way might create some sort of issue or conversation.”

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/medi...fa18eff47d5975
Jeff Jacobs: As We Rightfully Applaud Yearwood, We Must Acknowledge Many Questions Remain - Hartford Courant
Quote:
As the competitors settled into their blocks Tuesday for the 100-meter girls final at the CIAC Class M track meet — one sprinter clearly more powerfully built than the others — the question could not be ignored.

As that same powerfully built sprinter overtook the field in the final 70 meters of the 200 finals, the question remained.
And as Stonington junior Kate Hall, who had won the Class M 100 last year, brushed back tears after she had finished second behind transgender female Andraya Yearwood of Cromwell in the 100, this much was clear:

The question that could not be ignored has no easy, painless answer.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-c...94-575x692.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-06-2017 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 08:40 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times
His/her body. Let him/her do what he/she wants. Freedom and equality!!!!

Not as interesting as the transgender weightlifter in my opinion
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/.../image.img.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-06-2017 at 08:45 AM..

Old 06-04-2017, 08:42 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times
I like "her" mustache...

So if this continues then won't all high school and college sports need to become co-ed? It's hardly fair to ask females to compete against biological males who are bigger, taller, and stronger than they are just because they identify as females. Likewise, there are some biological females who identify as males that are going to get seriously injured on the football field.

The sexes are just designed differently physically, there's no getting around that and identifying as the opposite gender isn't going to change it.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:43 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Track athlete win scholarships based on times. This kid isn't going to stop any cis-het girls from getting ahead.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:44 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Liberals own this kind of horse manure. I hope they like the taste of the society they are trying to ram down the rest of the populations throats.

The reality is, if you were born with XY chromosomes, you are a male. This is basic science. If I have to teach liberals basic science, than I deserve some form of compensation for the failure of our unnecessarily liberal education system.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Americans get a giant reaming over being "science deniers" if they question the extent of global warming but in the same breath are asked to deny science in the name of "gender equality". Snort.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:50 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Oh wait, Connecticut doesn't require hormone replacement therapy for transwomen athletes? This is stupid. In fact, it's just as stupid as Texas making a trans-male wrestler who IS receiving hormone therapy compete against girls.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:18 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,203 times
I just saw a trailer for a new movie with Charlize Theron in it and according to that movie females have no problem during physical altercations with males...sometimes even manhandling 4 or 5 of them at once....so I say let her compete if she wants to. May the best woman win.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
And I bet he changes in the girls locker room.

I bet the real girls are comfortable with that.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:21 AM

808 posts, read 690,536 times
I don't even have to read the article to know that this person (I hope that's not too gender specific) has never, ever, taken a biology class, and probably never will.

This person is a male, biologically speaking. Putting on lipstick and a dress, and calling yourself a woman, does not change the fact that you are a biological male. You can "identify" as whatever you want, but there are only two sexes, and those do not change no matter what your subjective view of yourself is.

It's funny how the whole transgender argument is based on 'gender isn't the same as biological sex', but yet when someone identifies as a different gender, we are expected to act like their sex changes with their gender.

Last edited by nicholas_n; 06-04-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies