Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,463,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You just did.
lmao..How many times was Obama smacked down by SCOTUS in unanimous rulings? Why did the FISA court rip into him about breaking privacy laws? How many times did he go around Congress? The list goes on and if you were an honest person you would admit to this as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Did I? I don't remember doing so.
I'm 100% sure you did. EVERY Lefty did.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Theresa May has declared she is prepared to rip up human rights laws to impose new restrictions on terror suspects, as she sought to gain control over the security agenda just 36 hours before the polls open.

The prime minister said she was looking at how to make it easier to deport foreign terror suspects and how to increase controls on extremists where it is thought they present a threat but there is not enough evidence to prosecute them.

May: I

Move over, Trump. You now have backup.
LOL. May has been in charge for a long time. So NOW she's going to get tough on terror?

Pffft.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Whatever you say...

Old 06-07-2017, 09:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Typical hyperbolic, black and white, conservative thinking. It's EVERYONE or NO ONE.

There is no nuance; no shades of gray; no Obama supporters that didn't agree with everything he did.

It's the way they see the world and what hold them back.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,742,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Well that sounds like a very dangerous move indeed.

I'm curious how voters will react. Are they so scared that they're willing to throw away their rights? Or are they rational and thoughtful enough to be horrified that May would even suggest something like this?
A current poll has the two candidates "neck and neck":

"The Conservative lead over Labour has been slashed to a single point, according to a new opinion poll which suggests the election race is neck and neck.

The Survation poll for Good Morning Britain (GMB) put the Tories on 41.5 per cent with Labour on 40.4 per cent.

If such a result were replicated on Thursday it would put the Conservatives' majority in Parliament in jeopardy."

General election poll: Labour one point behind Tory party in latest survey with two days to go | The Independent

Britain’s election shocker: Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May neck-and-neck in final stretch - Salon.com

Of course, it is just one poll, but interesting to see the gap close this close to the election.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:10 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
May should examine her foreign policy before attacking her own people.
They aren't "her people". They are foreigners trying to hurt "her people".

Old 06-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Typical hyperbolic, black and white, conservative thinking. It's EVERYONE or NO ONE.

There is no nuance; no shades of gray; no Obama supporters that didn't agree with everything he did.

It's the way they see the world and what hold them back.
I was here during the Obama years, not a single thread was started by a Lefty that was complaining about anything he did. It was ALL defense and deflect. The ONLY time they complained is when he worked with the R's.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,974,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yikes. I feel bad for innocent citizens who may end up harmed by the loss of whichever human rights that might be eliminated.
Do you feel as bad for all the people who have been killed or maimed by the terrorists enabled by the left?

Old 06-07-2017, 10:23 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,745,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A guy from London talking on the radio today how ridiculous the police response was. They were wasting their time looking in the backpacks of white people and allowing obvious Muslims to walk right by...I guess to be politically correct. He said "you bloody idiot, check THEM"
They need to implement a "paper bag" test. Unless you are a pasty-faced ginger with bad teeth, you will be watched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies