Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 06:50 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/story-beh...214904714.html

He can hardly be called homophobic. And his mentor/father figure (Roy Cohn) was a closeted gay man who died of AIDS.

I am left wondering how Trump's "base" feels about this. They do not strike me as an unusually tolerant group, but that is just a gut feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

He can hardly be called homophobic. And his mentor/father figure (Roy Cohn) was a closeted gay man who died of AIDS.

I am left wondering how Trump's "base" feels about this. They do not strike me as an unusually tolerant group, but that is just a gut feeling.
They'll overlook it most likely. He's given a lot of leeway by the Trumplings on things they would never allow in any other politician. They're in this weird state of mind where he can do no wrong, even if it destroys their lives. I call it the "Trump Haze".

Old 06-17-2017, 06:58 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
They'll overlook it most likely. He's given a lot of leeway by the Trumplings on things they would never allow in any other politician. They're in this weird state of mind where he can do no wrong, even if it destroys their lives. I call it the "Trump Haze".
I call it being a "True American". I work with Veterans every day, and I wish I could pass on to you all I've learned. Name Calling is out, now. Catch up.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I call it being a "True American". I work with Veterans every day, and I wish I could pass on to you all I've learned. Name Calling is out, now. Catch up.
How do folks working with Veteran's feel about Trump's policies?

Can you define your view of being a "true American"? Just the short version?

Old 06-17-2017, 07:01 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,357 times
Just accepting gays for who they are is not enough for the rabid left. One must be in full lockstep with all of leftism before they'll leave him alone. Remember not too long ago the buzzword was "tolerance"? Perfectly reasonable. Then suddenly it changed, and either you're a full leftist or you're to be destroyed.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Just accepting gays for who they are is not enough for the rabid left. One must be in full lockstep with all of leftism before they'll leave him alone. Remember not too long ago the buzzword was "tolerance"? Perfectly reasonable. Then suddenly it changed, and either you're a full leftist or you're to be destroyed.
Nice rhetoric and solid attempt at a diversion.

But, has nothing to do with what I posted.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:00 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:

Well, you might be wrong about that. The problem with some people (not you necessarily) is they like to paint all Trump supporters as being the same, all deplorable, homophobic haters. Not the truth by a long shot.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:04 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:

I think that most people in America. The majority. Are tolerant of others, don't care about politics, and are in the full pursuit of happiness...

A small minority, on either side, is concerned about issues, wants control, and cares about who's in office.

The rest of us just don't care, want to be left to our lives, and go about our business.

I wake up, feed my kids, go to work, come home, feed my kids, go to bed, I try to have fun when I can and could care less if my neighbors are gay or not....

Old 06-17-2017, 09:08 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Nice rhetoric and solid attempt at a diversion.

But, has nothing to do with what I posted.
You can use this same post to describes 75% of the responses coming from the Trump hard-liners here on C-D. Either total deflections like "Hillary did it", "Obama did it", "the liberals did it", "the Sharia law lovers did it"; or even more popular, ad hominem attacks. All in an attempt to change the subject - and I surely understand why they would want to do that. It's because Trump's behavior and his performance so far as President is completely indefensible from any rational point of view. Trump and his supporters must resort to pure populism to keep floundering forward.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 AM

752 posts, read 554,543 times
Quote:

The selection of VP Pence-- whose rabidly anti-gay with the legislative record to prove it-- I'm sure mollifies the homophobic within Trump's clan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies