Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 10:45 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Who's the Liar? The guy who's served 3 Presidents in 2 parties or the guy who says Obama was born in Kenya?
The guy who served 3 presidents. He's also a leaker and not trustworthy. He's a conflicted individual who got himself into some hot water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 10:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Ummm no...The NYT was already running the story with the contents of the memo the day before the tweet. Give it up already.
Here's the article I found. Please provide links to the earlier NYT articles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...tion.html?_r=0

Old 06-09-2017, 10:46 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,210,249 times
NYT 5/11/17 - day before tweet by trump. Epic fail on Comey's part and caught red handed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/u...ring.html?_r=0

Old 06-09-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Rubio goes to Trumps for dinner, now they're besties after what trump put Rubio through in the elections with the name calling. I would say Rubio is a guy who ingratiates himself with the biggest guy in power to make up for his shortcomings. Rubio is a butt kisser who can't be trusted.
Meanwhile Obama ran cover for HRC after she said racist things about him and started the birther nonsense during their primaries.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Here's the article I found. Please provide links to the earlier NYT articles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...tion.html?_r=0
There you go:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/48447303-post14.html

Old 06-09-2017, 10:48 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Ummm no...The NYT was already running the story with the contents of the memo the day before the tweet. Give it up already.
Great , then show us the link to the earlier NY Times article "with the contents of the memo".

Old 06-09-2017, 10:49 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Trump tweeted last night that Comey lied under oath repeatedly during yesterday's testimony.

It boggles the mind that someone who already has a bad reputation for lying would accuse a man who was the countries primary law enforcement officer since 2003 of repeated counts of perjury.

Here is a Comey biography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...2.80.931993.29

Judge for yourselves.

By the way, notes made after a meeting are admissible as evidence.
You will not get any reasonable debate from the Trumpers, they have nothing but insults to offer, but your are factually correct.

Trumpers hate Comey because he has their guy over a barrel.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:50 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
I watched it. What did he nail? What's your gotcha?
"See no truth, Speak no truth, Hear no truth!"

This is the progressive manifesto.

Quote:
Great , then show us the link to the earlier NY Times article "with the contents of the memo".
It would help if you actually read the thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/48447303-post14.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am glad that PuTrumpTin was STUPID enough to pick a fight with the intelligence community and with people who are practiced in thinking 10-15 steps ahead while PuTrumpTin can barely remember his lies from 1 hour ago.

The intelligence alphabet soup (CIA-FBI-NSA) will ALL make certain that ALL of PuTrumpTin's filth is shown the light of day.
The "Intelligence" Community are a big enough bunch of boneheads to out themselves as the politicized Liberal Swamp that they are.

Trump, air-breathing human that he is, is gonna take them all down.

Now Comey... Either he's such an idiot that everytime he sets out to stick it into the Republican party, he falls on his own sword and it backfires... Or... Or he's such a genius that he points his sites at the Republican party, while baiting the other party, and traps them.

The worst thing Trump could have done for the GOP was fire James Comey.

The best thing Trump could have done for the DNC was fire James Comey.

Comey needs a microphone. Get him back up there.

James Comey is so leaky, we from the GOP "Depend" on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I certainly agree on the multiplicity of threads and posts. You may note how many of the posts come from a core group of posters. I actually got a laugh out of your post and repped it.

But the serious point is that you have to do some serious spinning of Comey's testimony to find anything damning. As an embittered ex-employee he of course had bad things to say, no doubt about it. But his love of the spotlight and wanting to be the next Woodward or Bernstein led him to conduct investigations in search of a crime. He apparently made no serious effort to investigate the leaks or unmasking of sources.
Please help me to understand this Comey character and how he ticks. My explanation up there is the only thing so far that's plausible to me at this time.

Who would play his character in a movie? That Mr. Bean guy?

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-09-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies