Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 01:10 PM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Crime or not, it is why he should have been fired, even before Trump did it.
The timing was one of the biggest problems with the whole thing. If he should have been fired (and he should have, in my opinion), it should have happened almost right as soon as Trump came on board. At least before mess with Flynn. Trump screwed up by firing him when he did. Even if the stuff about feeling pressure from the Russia investigation is untrue, the timing of Comey's firing adds weight to those claims. Furthermore, Trump needed to keep his mouth shut about the firing. It lends credibility to Comey's claims that the firing was absolutely about Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 01:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Makes no sense that Conservatives and Trumpsters are celebrating in the end zone. The game has just started.
What "game"? Trump Derangement? That's been going on since 2015.

There is no investigation. Never was. It's over.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Wrong! Trump wasn't under investigation at the time. Comey refused to answer whether Trump is currently under investigation.

Big, big difference.
Can someone please explain to me how a random unemployed citizen (Comey) would know whether or not the FBI is investigating Trump on June 8, 2017?

I can't get an answer to this.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
It is time for him to retire. The guy is 80 and has deteriorated quite a lot since I last saw him on TV.
They seem to hit him up in the hallway of the congress every few days and he comes across as pretty lucid, understanding the questions and giving pertinent answers. So this was a bit of a surprise today. He said he was up late watching the Dbacks game.

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I still don't get how it can be obstruction of justice when trump uses his Constitutional authority to fire the FBI director?
It's obstruction if he fired him because of the Flynn investigation. The FBI is a independent organization, and President is not suppose to influence investigation.

But Drumph is incompetent and ignorant, so he had no idea. This kind of buffoonery will continue until he leaves office, so break out the popcorn and hope we don't enter WWIII.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:12 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Trump himself is not under investigation

still no evidence after nearly a year of investigating of any collusion with Russia

Trump pressuring Comey about Flynn was not obstruction of justice

Libs lost completely today. Total humiliation

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
It is time for him to retire. The guy is 80 and has deteriorated quite a lot since I last saw him on TV.

Yep, he looked horrible today. I was embarrassed for him and that was when I could not watch the hearing any longer.

I guess there was a lot of blowback on him on Facebook or something. His statement said he "stayed up too late watching the Diamondbacks." Guess we were not the only people who thought his behavior was bizarre.

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Well the FBI director serves a 10 year term, and the firing has to have cause. It could be argued that since Trump supported Comey in what he was fired for, that the cause didnt exist.
"Well the FBI director serves a 10 year term, and the firing has to have cause."

FALSE.

At the start Comey said that the FBI director serves at "the pleasure of the President and can be fired for NOTHING...."

I guess you missed that part, I guess tha is what you get from watching MSNBC and CNN, which has been explained over and over ever since Comey was fired.

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Makes no sense that Conservatives and Trumpsters are celebrating in the end zone. The game has just started.

The most important Q & A from today?

Sen Cotton: Do you believe there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia?

Comey: I cannot answer that in open session.

BAM. That means Mueller has got the goods on Trump.
Yeah. All the celebration is puzzling. Trump asked Comey to back off the Flynn investigation. Comey didn't. Comey got fired.

That is some evidence that he was fired for refusing to back off the investigation and it stinks. Whether it will result in any further legal action is up in the air, but Comey's testimony was not any sort of a victory for Trump.

But it's well-established that Trump and his supporters live in an alternate reality, so I guess they can celebrate if they want to.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Very good that President Trump fired him. For an ex FBI director to leak memos, that shows hoe untrustworthy Comey is and was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies