Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 04:24 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times

Advertisements

The people who believe that increasing and centralizing. rather than reducing the size and influence of government, are the biggest part of the problem. Return more issues to local oversight, where people know their neighbors -- and the local "dead weight" can be recognized, stigmatized and weeded out. Above all, break up and reform the worst excesses of public employee unionism -- especially in the schools; encourage home-schooling, and privatize wherever possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 04:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
We need to get rid of extremism in govt. It used to be about compromise. I haven't seen that in ten years. Just squabbling while everything falls apart.

We need to get rid of the two-party system. Trump actually had the chance to run as an (I) and possibly do so, it would have made for a great legacy, opportunity knocked and he opened the door of mediocrity instead.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:16 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
OK, it's nearly six months. All we hear about is Russia, or the cost of Trumps golf junkets or "he said, she said" with Comey.

Yet NOTHING is getting done beyond some bs Executive orders to pacify the right wing extremists.

Congress STILL hasn't passed or even taken up National Reciprocity. STILL no health care - and I'm 60 and gonna die if that doesn't get fixed, and soon. STILL no border protections of any meaning. Just a lot of religious extremist hatred. Did they even take up a budget yet? Where's the infrastructure? Our roads are coming apart and most interstates need a third lane. We still have all these worthless alphabet agencies.

This guy has about 12 months left to accomplish something and then the election idiocy will start all over again.

Or is the country, democracy and freedom itself just beyond recovery?
When are you going to get educated?

It has been posted before that Trump has signed MORE bills the any president back to Truman.

Of course you did NOT know that because the Lame Steam Media doesn't report ANYTHING positive about Trump.

How does that crow taste?

"STILL no health care"

It took Obama 19 MONTHS. trump has only been in office for 4 months

The rest of you post is just whining B.S.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:23 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Republicans are actually doing quite a few things.

While all the attention is focused on the unfolding Trump-Russia investigation, they are in the back room gutting banking regulations, etc.

It's a great set-up. The longer Trump keeps everyone occupied, the more they can change laws so that corporations no longer have to show bribes on the books, financial managers no longer have to act in their clients' best interests, companies can sell your internet history, ...

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-11-2017 at 05:45 AM..

Old 06-11-2017, 05:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
There is no hope for this mess. It will need to be cleared out before there can be a real presidency. This is a big interruption of flow for the WH, the country and the world.
^^^^ This is the point. Insurance companies total a car when it gets too bad to repair, this administration is too bad to repair. Anyone who thinks that these first 6 months have been simply a bump in the road has rocks for brains. This is the way it will be for however long Donald Trump is allowed to stay in that office.

Trump is beyond simply lacking experience, his views are way too radical, his staff is made up of all the wrong people, and his mental stability is suspect. The last 6 months have shown us that he is unable to even get his own team to work with him, and, as facts about his corruption surface, it will become even worse.

He is an embarrassment to our country and the people who voted for him should be very ashamed of what they did to America.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:43 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
I have no hope for his Congress. Schumer, Pelosi and crowd continually come up with blame and criticism and have no desire to work together. It reminds me a of a room full of preschoolers whining and tattle tailing. It seems every day I run into someone who tells me how expensive Obamacare is for them and yet the news media reports otherwise. I am tired of the personal bias news media who care more about taking sides than reporting the truth to the American people.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:45 AM

30,393 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
OK, it's nearly six months. All we hear about is Russia, or the cost of Trumps golf junkets or "he said, she said" with Comey.

Yet NOTHING is getting done beyond some bs Executive orders to pacify the right wing extremists.

Congress STILL hasn't passed or even taken up National Reciprocity. STILL no health care - and I'm 60 and gonna die if that doesn't get fixed, and soon. STILL no border protections of any meaning. Just a lot of religious extremist hatred. Did they even take up a budget yet? Where's the infrastructure? Our roads are coming apart and most interstates need a third lane. We still have all these worthless alphabet agencies.

This guy has about 12 months left to accomplish something and then the election idiocy will start all over again.

Or is the country, democracy and freedom itself just beyond recovery?
In general, the less the government does, the better in my view. We've seen the stock market tick up 16% since we elected Trump. Pulling us out of that disastrous Paris Accord is a huge plus as is the deregulation accomplished so far plus great Supreme Court Justice and Judges.

The budget is a yearly exercise and Trump came in after this year's budget was done. Let's see what the Repubs do next year when they will control the budget.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:48 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

It has been posted before that Trump has signed MORE bills the any president back to Truman.

Of course you did NOT know that because the Lame Steam Media doesn't report ANYTHING positive about Trump.

"STILL no health care"

Ah yes. This old claim.

Sure he has signed more bills in his first 100 days-28! Lets look at some them:
13 of them were reversing Obama era regulations. Those 13 were only possible since 1996 when the congressional review act was passed. If we removed those Trumps claim looks...unimpressive.

But what about the other 15? BTW 15 would be below average for a president I believe.

Well...3 named individuals to the Smithsonian institute board.
2 named buildings
1 designated a location for a memorial.

9 left.....and so far NOTHING of note. But im sure we will get to some meaty things here!

A bill to allow a exception for the secretary of defense to take his post despite having been in the service too recently. Uhmm...whoopee.

etc etc etc. little to nothing of note to be honest.

Here take a look:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...current_status[]=28

The guys bragging about something shameful. Yes he has signed more laws. No none of them were anything important. Compared to other presidents? Bwahahhaha. He is a loser. Most presidents within their first 100 days signed truly meaningful laws. Trump? Nada.

You should educate yourself. Go look at the link, and come back and tell us what great laws he has signed there.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:29 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I have no hope for his Congress. Schumer, Pelosi and crowd continually come up with blame and criticism and have no desire to work together. It reminds me a of a room full of preschoolers whining and tattle tailing. It seems every day I run into someone who tells me how expensive Obamacare is for them and yet the news media reports otherwise. I am tired of the personal bias news media who care more about taking sides than reporting the truth to the American people.
Perfect example of bias.

It seems every day I run across a story of someone who tells how Obamacare is their lifeline and they are glad to have it.

Hint: Health insurance rates have been going up for decades. Obamacare slowed the rate of increase for a time, but apparently it is back on track again.

As to blaming Schumer, Pelosi, and the Democrats for no desire to work together, what a bunch of baloney.

Republicans have worked hard for their majority in the Senate and the House. They've gerrymandered districts, purged voter rolls in the dark of night, voter suppression, used micro-targeted media propaganda, ...

They've finally won the prize. Republicans are the majority. Endless posts on this post crowing about it. So why do they need the Democrats?

In any case, why would Democrats have any interest in millions of people losing their health insurance, gutting the social safety net, enacting tax cuts for the rich, ...?

Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

"STILL no health care"

Hang on a minute -- a little overstated...lol.

Study: Trump tops recent GOP presidents in signing bills in first 100 days | TheHill

So technically Trump holds the record BUT it's mainly through legal wranglings and less to do with real substantive legislation.

The Senate is the lowest 'performing' in the longest time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies