Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I would agree that a military strike would not be uncalled for. Russia could decide from there if they wanted to escalate. I would start with taking out some of their naval assets, and taking out known sources of their propaganda efforts. And then saying they could choose wether to continue into something larger....or not.

go ahead and let liberals lose their mantra of being the "anti war" party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 10:27 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Well except for the massive amount of actual evidence.

Like this:
Russian Hack Into Illinois Election Database Worse Than Thought « CBS Chicago

And the statements by pretty much every intelligence agency in the world at this point.

Russia is playing with fire. Once a president with some actual guts comes along, they will pay. Will it be war? Probably not. Maybe just some truly nasty computer work. But I do in fact support actual violence for this, as do some others.
The mounting evidence is that Russian dressing colluded with salad in Trump Tower

The only evidence that's come to light is that the losers of the last election are still suffering election night butt hurt...the sooner you admit you lost the election and America won, the better off we will all be. I suggest treatment for Trump Disorder Syndrome (TDS).

Old 06-13-2017, 10:33 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleofariver View Post
If Washington decides to go to war with Russia over this hacking.what if they decided to do a draft? Would you agree? Why or why not?
Are you suicidal?
The exact number of nuclear warheads is a state secret and is therefore a matter of guesswork. The Federation of American Scientists estimates that Russia possesses 4,490 nuclear warheads, while the U.S. has 4,500; Russia has 1,790 active strategic nuclear warheads, compared with the U.S. having 1,750.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:33 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
I would agree that a military strike would not be uncalled for. Russia could decide from there if they wanted to escalate. I would start with taking out some of their naval assets, and taking out known sources of their propaganda efforts. And then saying they could choose wether to continue into something larger....or not.
WTF?? This has to be among the most outlandish, loony statements I've read in the forums in a while. If not ever. Conduct a military strike against Russia over alleged hacking of a private, political organization's email accounts??

Why is the left so war-hungry? This Russia thing has gone on long enough. Time to cut the BS and get back in with our lives; most of the country already has, btw.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
WTF?? This has to be among the most outlandish, loony statements I've read in the forums in a while. If not ever. Conduct a military strike against Russia over alleged hacking of a private, political organization's email accounts??

Why is the left so war-hungry? This Russia thing has gone on long enough. Time to cut the BS and get back in with our lives; most of the country already has, btw.
The left isn't. Thats a completely nonsensical statement. *I* on the other hand think that attacking our elections is a act of war. Most liberals would disagree with me. Most here probably do as well, I am aware of that. But quite a few people agree with me as well.

We've tried reasoning with Russia on this, and they continued. We tried sanctions for other things-to no effect.

The choice you are presenting is:
Just give up and let them use truly advanced propaganda to determine all of our future elections. And thats just FINE right?

Its not. Do any of you have a alternative? Mostly I just see truly fascinating attempts to discredit something we do in fact have clear evidence of.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
If Washington decides to go to war with Russia over this hacking.what if they decided to do a draft? Would you agree? Why or why not?
Ridiculous.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Are you suicidal?
The exact number of nuclear warheads is a state secret and is therefore a matter of guesswork. The Federation of American Scientists estimates that Russia possesses 4,490 nuclear warheads, while the U.S. has 4,500; Russia has 1,790 active strategic nuclear warheads, compared with the U.S. having 1,750.
Nuclear war goes both ways. Are the Russians suicidal enough to use them over a strictly military response to their initial act of war?

The answer is no. BOTH of us fear that. But the answer can't be to allow them to do things like this without serious repercussions.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:01 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Well except for the massive amount of actual evidence.

Like this:
Russian Hack Into Illinois Election Database Worse Than Thought « CBS Chicago

And the statements by pretty much every intelligence agency in the world at this point.

Russia is playing with fire. Once a president with some actual guts comes along, they will pay. Will it be war? Probably not. Maybe just some truly nasty computer work. But I do in fact support actual violence for this, as do some others.
If I recall correctly, Illinois voted for Hillary.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Nope, for one because war is stupid and two, I would never fight for this country. The American experiment has come to an end. We are on verge of collapse as an empire.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:03 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
The only one who should be drafted is Trump and perhaps his sons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies