Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 08:50 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
The problem is how the media chooses to report on such stories. With very little, to no evidence, they have already concluded Trump is guilty.

This is how a unbiased media would report a story:

"Today, we have some new information about Trump, and his possible ties with Russia.."

And this is how CNN and MSNBC report it:

"Today, we have more bombshell information on Trump's ties to Russia..."

Which one is objective, and which one is speculation made to sound like facts?
Point well taken, and why I always make a point of explaining that anyone who wants to make sense of all the noise must "triangulate for the truth," by reviewing a good many news sources that seem most worthy; local, national and international. Also why I often plug the PBS Newshour that always makes a point of getting opposing viewpoints presented by "people in the know" during their one-hour commercial free program.

The unbiased truth about media bias. Possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 09:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,693,871 times
They have entered a fantasy land that puts Alice in Wonderland to shame.
The oxygen is running out in the bubble.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:05 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yet another Trump promise went down in flames last night. Aren't you getting tired of all this "winning" yet?

But just keep whistling past the graveyard, phma. It's amusing how good the cult is at pretending Trump is anything but an unmitigated disaster. You guys are like that little kid who suspects Santa isn't real, but can't quite get themselves to admit it yet. But even you will have to grow up and concede the truth at some point.

Meanwhile, yeah, keep talking about how it's the non-cultists who are living in Wonderland. Funny stuff!
Yes, what happened again last night you would think might be an eye-opener after 8+ years of promising better...

If the ACA is so bad, and if just about anything would be better, you would think Trump and the GOP wouldn't have such a hard time taking even the first step toward delivering that better way, yet. Over and over we get nothing but do nothing, wasting precious time while all of America is left wondering about their health care.

This too reported on last night, about the effects of Trump's immigration directives, all of which I guess we just have to believe is entirely "over the heads" of Trump supporters...

Results of Trump's Immigration directives.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:44 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,644,824 times
Quote:
Yet another Trump promise went down in flames last night. Aren't you getting tired of all this "winning" yet?

But just keep whistling past the graveyard, phma. It's amusing how good the cult is at pretending Trump is anything but an unmitigated disaster. You guys are like that little kid who suspects Santa isn't real, but can't quite get themselves to admit it yet. But even you will have to grow up and concede the truth at some point.

Meanwhile, yeah, keep talking about how it's the non-cultists who are living in Wonderland. Funny stuff!
So, you of course blame Trump for the retarded actions of the senate? Give me a break

Old 07-28-2017, 10:48 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, you of course blame Trump for the retarded actions of the senate? Give me a break
I blame Trump for being unable to lead his party. That's what a president does. Trump has zero leadership skills, and it shows.

I blame Trump for lying and telling everyone he had a great healthcare plan when he had absolutely nothing, and absolutely zero ideas of his own.

You seem fine with his lies, though.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I blame Trump for being unable to lead his party. That's what a president does. Trump has zero leadership skills, and it shows.

I blame Trump for lying and telling everyone he had a great healthcare plan when he had absolutely nothing, and absolutely zero ideas of his own.

It was never his party. Remember the loony left never failed to mention that when he was a candidate.

Now he's elected and the GOP has their own agenda and won't cooperate. I expected it to worse than it is and it will get worse before its over and we will see who is standing in the end. Still betting on Trump.
He's already done more than anyone could have expected. The loony left wouldn't be crying so much if they weren't worried about get elected again.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It was never his party. Remember the loony left never failed to mention that when he was a candidate.

Now he's elected and the GOP has their own agenda and won't cooperate. I expected it to worse than it is and it will get worse before its over and we will see who is standing in the end. Still betting on Trump.
He's already done more than anyone could have expected.
I notice you completely ignored this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14

I understand, it's hard to defend such blatant lies. Better to just ignore them, right?

Old 07-28-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I notice you completely ignored this:

I understand, it's hard to defend such blatant lies. Better to just ignore them, right?
I wasn't stupid enough to believe them in the first place.
No one who has the slightest understanding of politics would.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I wasn't stupid enough to believe them in the first place.
No one who has the slightest understanding of politics would.
So you voted for a guy who you knew was telling stupid lies because he has absolutely zero understanding of how things work?

Kudos to you for admitting it!

Old 07-28-2017, 11:27 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,150,434 times
Quote:

He's already done more than anyone could have expected. The loony left wouldn't be crying so much if they weren't worried about get elected again.
Tell me please, what has he "done".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies