Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:05 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times

Advertisements

If this man is typical of the US Border Patrol we are in good shape down there.

https://youtu.be/eGuSdXiFtLk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 08:55 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,289,501 times
Missed opportunity. He could've squashed the BS that this is a new policy. It's not a new policy, it's the law, break the law> get arrested> parents got to jail> kids get separated because kids don't go to jail. The "new policy" was actually removing the "old policy" of not enforcing the law (or the punishment).

He did make another good point though, he said the same goes for an American citizen. If an American family we're to cross the border illegally, the same thing would happen.

Also that audio sounded fake, but who knows. Do many Central American kids cry "mommy"?

Old 06-28-2018, 09:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Missed opportunity. He could've squashed the BS that this is a new policy. It's not a new policy, it's the law, break the law> get arrested> parents got to jail> kids get separated because kids don't go to jail. The "new policy" was actually removing the "old policy" of not enforcing the law (or the punishment).
So incoherent.

That's not at all what the situation is. That's what tRump and Sessions told you to think, so that's what you do.

Obama's policy was "catch and release", as Pubs liked to call it. And something like 75% of those released showed up for their court dates. No government detention camps. No family separations. No extra work for CBP/ICE and no extra costs to taxpayers.

Majority of undocumented immigrants show up for court, data shows | PunditFact

Sessions and tRump's 'zero tolerance" policy is akin to jailing everyone caught for minor traffic offenses and taking their kids from them.

It's failed.

Bigly.

Lots of extra work for CBP/ICE agents, lots of extra money spent on their detention camps, lots of bad press.

Quote:
He did make another good point though, he said the same goes for an American citizen. If an American family we're to cross the border illegally, the same thing would happen.

Also that audio sounded fake, but who knows. Do many Central American kids cry "mommy"?
They ALL do.

Speaking of crybabies...

Old 06-28-2018, 09:16 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,293,333 times
75% showed up for their court dates? I thought 3% did but that's just a rounding error, I am sure.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
75% showed up for their court dates? I thought 3% did but that's just a rounding error, I am sure.
Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Border patrol agent tries to educate CNN idiot

We all can appreciate the BP going to such efforts. They have a difficult job and dealing with idiots from CNN who represent the Dem party collective has to be the most thankless job available to anyone. They are dealing with the most deceitful, lying form of media offered to the public. They rarely represent news but prefer to be liberal activist for disinformation of a completely corrupt political crime syndicate. The propaganda arm of the DNC.

Last edited by phma; 06-28-2018 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-28-2018, 09:51 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,627,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So incoherent.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute the points you clearly made, because you were right. So I'll pretend I simply couldn't understand them, because you didn't phrase them right or something, and hope somebody believes me, even though what you meant is quite clear. IOW, maybe I can get somebody to believe it's YOUR fault that I can't refute the truth.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:58 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,017,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
One number is for people claiming asylum, the other is for people who crossed the border illegally and are not claiming asylum.
Sure, you knew that though.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:47 AM

Talking I know it's summer, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I can't refute the points you clearly made, because you were right. So I'll pretend I simply couldn't understand them, because you didn't phrase them right or something, and hope somebody believes me, even though what you meant is quite clear. IOW, maybe I can get somebody to believe it's YOUR fault that I can't refute the truth.
Read post #3.

And the link.

And cool down.

Please.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:07 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,737 times
That's eye-opening. I have a few friends working down at the border in AZ. They say the same thing. We really need to overhaul the system but both sides make money off slave labor so these bills just get kicked around until they end up under a desk.

I cross my fingers that Trump can disrupt this game and get something done by hounding the congress publically. If he does it will be a feat. Most presidents ignore it once it's under the desk and move on to more popular uncomplicated issues that make them look good.

I have hope that Trump doesn't care about how good he looks and fixes it, just like he's doing with NK, and Trade. So far his record is pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies