Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:14 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Wow! You really got me there!
Admittedly not as clever as your retort!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 07:17 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, your position is that 'arms' in the Second Amendment only refers to the arms of the period?

I think "big ol bag o dumb", just put his foot in it! LOL

Old 06-19-2017, 07:23 AM

448 posts, read 366,364 times
Palin puts up a few cross hairs to pin point elections they want to target and she is advocating assignation, Liberal tards go on and on every day about how Trump is destroying the nation and he has to be removed and they are just good libral tards. LMAO. Liberals area joke.

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
... This is important because as I stated, it was hugely instrumental in the election of Trump. A lot of people voted Trump specifically because they feared Obama and/or Hillary wanted to attempt a gun grab.
Incorrect. Gun control was not the reason that Trump won the election.

Trump won the election because of these 6 things.
  • Jobs vs Outsourcing
  • Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
  • Endless wars of choice with no endpoint
  • No opportunity in many inner city neighborhoods
  • Crooked politicians selling their position for money.
  • Terrorism.

You have no point beyond a thinly veiled attempt to criticize Trump's supporters.

/thread

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
A "big ol bag of dumb", would be confusing the word "inferred" with "implied".

And subsequently "inferring" that was my point.

And then actually admitting that the framers had not considered what the future might bring, while attempting to defend your position. Oops!
Quote:
Admittedly not as clever as your retort!
Quote:
I think "big ol bag o dumb", just put his foot in it! LOL
Has it occurred to you that your rapid-fire (see what I did there?) replies suggest a tone of desperation? Are you feeling needy and eager to talk to someone today?

What I consider dumb is the idea that one could take from the Second Amendment the idea that gun ownership can be extended to include high-tech arms as you've suggested. Are there any legal challenges that you know of in which the right to own nukes and rockets is being challenged?

I'm a she, not a he.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
Palin puts up a few cross hairs to pin point elections they want to target and she is advocating assignation, Liberal tards go on and on every day about how Trump is destroying the nation and he has to be removed and they are just good libral tards. LMAO. Liberals area joke.
So, Palin was advocating secret meetings? Is that the 'official' Conservitard position?

Old 06-19-2017, 07:27 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
The Dems want to take it too far. I believe they have a comprehensive plan to chip away at the rights until they are gone. Weapons must be removed from Americans in order to move the global agenda of the Democratic Party forward.

For instance, they claim they want to do background checks for mental health issues which sounds good on the surface until you realize that the over 1 million Americans that are taking or have taken psychotropic drugs would fall into that category, even if taking a prescription med like that during a time of crisis. I don't take them, so I would be armed but I know many, many people that take these medications: High Percentage of Americans Taking Psychiatric Drugs - MedShadow and the list of such meds: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ic_medications (to name a few: Abilify, Ambien, Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac, Ritalin, Seroquel, Wellbutrin and many, many more.

Our forefathers knew that eventually their would be a group (globalists) that would try to take away everything that we and our country represent, thus an armed population would be necessary to hold the line at some point. Doesn't it make sense that the greedy would attempt to exploit our country in the fashion that the globalists are trying to accomplish? Most people don't understand who or what the globalists like the Clintons actually are and the agenda they have.

The criminals will always have weapons and they will flow across the open border if severe restrictions are put into place. As we have seen, it is impossible for law enforcement to protect the people.

We have open carry in town, I believe it helps discourage criminals.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Strong Second Amendment advocates have developed this narrative that Democrats, especially under the Obama administration, wanted to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens. The image is typically armies of government agents in black masks going from home to home breaking down doors to take people's weapons. Anybody rational knows that this is paranoia with no basis in reality but the fact of the matter is that the paranoia exists and it was hugely instrumental in getting Trump elected. "Obama wants to take our guns" was the mantra all across rural America. Obama didn't really help the situation when he would use the aftermath of mass shootings to talk about gun control.

Question is, are there Democrats that really want to take it as far as to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens? The things I've heard proposed are things like stricter background checks and bans on certain types of assault rifles, but not the apocalyptic, totalitarian gun grab that the NRA and conservatives fearmonger could happen under Democratic leadership.

What do you think? Is the NRA crowd's paranoia based in reality or is it simply tinfoil hat paranoia? This is important because as I stated, it was hugely instrumental in the election of Trump. A lot of people voted Trump specifically because they feared Obama and/or Hillary wanted to attempt a gun grab.

Liberty is protected with a gun!
Murder is illegal.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Strong Second Amendment advocates have developed this narrative that Democrats, especially under the Obama administration, wanted to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens. The image is typically armies of government agents in black masks going from home to home breaking down doors to take people's weapons. Anybody rational knows that this is paranoia with no basis in reality but the fact of the matter is that the paranoia exists and it was hugely instrumental in getting Trump elected. "Obama wants to take our guns" was the mantra all across rural America. Obama didn't really help the situation when he would use the aftermath of mass shootings to talk about gun control.

Question is, are there Democrats that really want to take it as far as to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens? The things I've heard proposed are things like stricter background checks and bans on certain types of assault rifles, but not the apocalyptic, totalitarian gun grab that the NRA and conservatives fearmonger could happen under Democratic leadership.

What do you think? Is the NRA crowd's paranoia based in reality or is it simply tinfoil hat paranoia? This is important because as I stated, it was hugely instrumental in the election of Trump. A lot of people voted Trump specifically because they feared Obama and/or Hillary wanted to attempt a gun grab.
As a firm believer in the 2nd A, and as a Liberal, I will say that yes some would do exactly that, Hillary said she thought the Australian method was a good method and that did require that most had to turn in their firearms and those that did keep theirs had to jump through all kinds of stupid hoops to do so legally. As for banning certain kinds of Firearms, it is nonsense plain and simple, AR's are not the weapon of choice in most shootings, hence any affect would be extremely minimal, as it was when we had such bans. The Goal of the far left is to eventually ban all firearms except a few highly regulated hunting rifles, and that simply will not happen in the USA, and the main reason is Americans would not comply, make them all illegal and people will ignore the law completely and no the government does not have the ability to go house to house searching them out, one would not make it past the first home where I live before they would be in a major gunfight and with people that are as well armed if not better than those doing the searches. Simply a wet dream of those that actually cannot see that the problem is not guns, the problem is People. Oh, I have never belonged to the NRA, but while they may go a little too far in the rhetoric some times they also do a good job of fighting for the American People to support their right to bear arms.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:29 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Still waiting for a conservative to say whether they would give guns to mental patients, felons or 14 year old gang bangers.
If you wish to strip the rights of someone to own a gun because of mental issues you can do that through the courts, felons have already had their due process and 14 year olds like so many other things in our society (voting for example) are not allowed to make that decision for themselves because they do not have the full rights of adult citizens.

Quote:
Heck the constitution actually says "arms", which is short for "armaments", of which nukes and rocket launchers are included and sarin. Anyone think we should sell them to anyone with cash?

Reasonable people understand limits.
I would suggest the reasonable limit here would be if law enforcement can justify having it so can citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies