Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 01:09 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The invasion exercises have been going on for decades. It runs from March till the end of April.

It is also the time of year we see the most amount of heightened rhetoric from both the US and the North Koreans, if you remember the board activity of even two months ago. The Pentagon also directed the media to tone down the rhetoric because it was adding to the crediblity of an imminent war.

There is more detail on OP 5015.

OPLAN 5015: The Secret Plan for Destroying North Korea (and Start World War III?) | The National Interest Blog

Like I said, it is psychological warfare and probably won't happen because of the high risk of spillover effects.

How long can he keep killing people to prevent a coup?

Kim Jong Un has purged, executed more than 300 people

He recently had his brother killed for meeting with a US intelligence agent.

Kim Jong Un's brother reportedly met with a US agent before he was killed — and it could have been a coup
Ok, first off, the technical reference for this exercise is Team Spirit. Basically it's principle purpose is to aid in the training of the South Korean military and the U.S. forces that are in the region. In total I've participated in five of them. North Korea had been invited by the U.N. to participate as observers, but to date North Korea has never wished to accept the invitation. China has also been invited to observe as well. Perhaps in the future this same type of activity will commence in countries in the Middle East. The objective is training and defense readiness and it's done so in no secrecy.

Your conspiracy theory is more based on the claims of this being of rhetoric in nature and with the intentions of trying to cause a coup in North Korea. And like I said, we need another anti-America conspiracy theory as bad as Cathy Mitchell needs another skillet full of junk food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 01:57 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
I know nothing of Cathy Mitchell. I know someone who participated in the exercises 40 years ago which were intended to defend against another invasion by the North. It is the simple observation that the exercises coincide with heated rhetoric from the US along with crackdowns in North Korea. They seem to be taking it seriously as preparation for some assassination attempt and a breakdown in government control.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I know nothing of Cathy Mitchell. I know someone who participated in the exercises 40 years ago which were intended to defend against another invasion by the North. It is the simple observation that the exercises coincide with heated rhetoric from the US along with crackdowns in North Korea. They seem to be taking it seriously as preparation for some assassination attempt and a breakdown in government control.
All the rhetoric that the North Koreans are getting is not from outside their country but from within their country from their own government's leaders.

As for assassination attempts, I'm sure one of these days the North Korean civilians are going to get sick and tired of starving and living in poverty while their ruler continues getting fatter and living the lifestyles of the rich and famous.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:30 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
A someone who grew up in the 70's and 80's, I can tell you first hand, this would not have happened under Reagan's watch. This country has gotten soft and nations are not intimidated by us or fear us like they once did. I'm surprised another country like North Korea wasn't even remotely intimidated by the idea that they had a young American boy in their grasp. How do you allow that to happen?

What is more disturbing is how it seems like our President and politicians were somewhat blase about the ordeal. They literally just murdered one of our sons and pretty much did nothing about it.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I hope it does force action. China, really DPRK's only ally, would not want to be seen on the side of this kind of bad behavior. It may be the best shot to take them down.
True. I was thinking more in terms of the Americans they're still holding.

To those saying you would still want an autopsy, it would probably just show something vague, like his heart gave out. It wouldn't tell you why, although being in a coma can lead to that.

I doubt anything conclusive would come of it.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:58 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How do you allow that to happen?

What is more disturbing is how it seems like our President and politicians were somewhat blase about the ordeal. They literally just murdered one of our sons and pretty much did nothing about it.
I thought the same thing. Also what about the other three Americans they currently are holding?

Old 06-22-2017, 05:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

I'd rather be a nekkid native running around Papua New Guinea in my thong building straw huts than live in NK.
And this is a bad thing? I'd rather be doing that too rather than dealing with the rat race we're in now.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:19 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
NK is probably the worst country in the world to live I feel really bad for the people there. but they probably don't even know it is since they're like completely cut off from the rest of the world.

I'd rather be a nekkid native running around Papua New Guinea in my thong building straw huts than live in NK.

Some apparently do...

( click the CC there to read what she is saying)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw

Old 06-22-2017, 10:29 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Response to Current Events thread, since it's a bit controversial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Suicide makes a whole lot more sense than the current theories circulating on Fox News and other conservative media outlets. I still see people in this forum claiming that North Korea abused and/or tortured Warmbier, which can only be possible if you believe that the American doctors that examined him and declared that they found zero evidence of any torture, physical abuse or injury are working with the North Koreans in a multinational conspiracy to kill Americans and cover it up.

Like I said, Occam's Razor. People facing long prison sentences try to kill themselves all the time, just recently the NFL player facing life with no parole did it. What is the simplest and easiest way to explain how a person looking at 15 years in a foreign prison ended up with brain injuries the doctors say were most likely caused by oxygen depravation? A systemic torture campaign orchestrated by the NK government that left no signs of physical trauma or past injury according to US doctors? Or, a despondent and depressed prisoner facing more than a decade in a third world prison used bedsheets, shoelaces or a belt to give himself an early release?
At 23, though?
He was that hopeless?
My grandfather was a POW at that age and he survived the Nazi camps. It is hard for me to fathom. Possible I guess.
The speculation about suicide is utterly lurid, almost on a par with Holocaust denial. The people making that argument want to believe that DPRK's government is not brutal. Are the suicide jockeys arguing that the attempt was recent or over one year ago. If a long time ago why was he not sent home right away?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:43 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So you are willing to start a War where thousands if not Millions would die over this? Good grief I am glad you are in charge of Nothing in government. Think before posting
Maybe countries should be more careful about killing innocent noncombatants. Maybe we should have been less careful about starting a war with Nazi Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies