Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 07:08 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There's nothing "snowflake" in that woman's attitude. She's a strident anti-white racist.
Not my quote and not sure where I heard it but "if you want to stop racism stop talking about it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 07:11 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
Not my quote and not sure where I heard it but "if you want to stop racism stop talking about it".
It's only with regard to racism that people are silly enough to make that statement.

How about, "If you want to stop embezzlement, stop talking about it?"

Or "If you want to stop rape, stop talking about it?"

"If you want to stop bullying, stop talking about it."

"If you want to stop pedophilia, stop talking about it."

That's simply a silly statement.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 06-22-2017 at 07:35 AM..

Old 06-22-2017, 07:12 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Black women really like to emulate white girl hair.
As the other poster's stated, black women are going back in large numbers to our natural, curly, kinky hair.

Also, the girls in the OP were not black. You guys really are fixated on black people lol. You think we are the only minority in the world who makes complaints about you huh..

I've never worn a weave and haven't had a relaxer since 1996.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 AM

783 posts, read 576,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Again, THIS thread is about Latinos complaining about cultural appropriation. Why are you discussing black women who have NOTHING to do with the topic?
Well, according to the social justice warriors, it's called 'intersectionality'.

Quote:
in·ter·sec·tion·al·i·ty

/ˌin(t)ərsekSHəˈnalədē/
noun
The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given
individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or
disadvantage.
They use it to say that one groups struggle against 'oppression' is another group's struggle against 'oppression'. So when Latinos complain about cultural appropriation and a blacks complain about cultural appropriation, it's all the same to them. So it's all the same to me. And when I say it's all the same to me, I mean it's all nonsense.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Well, according to the social justice warriors, it's called 'intersectionality'.

They use it to say that one groups struggle against 'oppression' is another group's struggle against 'oppression'. So when Latinos complain about cultural appropriation and a blacks complain about cultural appropriation, it's all the same to them. So it's all the same to me. And when I say it's all the same to me, I mean it's all nonsense.
So to you, anyone who isn't black who complains about "cultural appropriation" are doing it because of black people....?

Very odd comment.

Not all black people or Latinos adhere to the concept of inter-sectionality oppression.

You must not be black lol. It is very rare to find a black person who is truly dedicated to inter-sectionality. Most black people in my own experience are very aware that black people have unique issue within our community and though we are open to helping other ethnic groups (and not all of us are) we also know that our issues are not the issues of other people and that their issues are not always ours.

FWIW, I do know some young people involved in a group that follows ideas regarding inter-sectional issues of particular groups that are gender or ethic based, however those young people also have their own groups that focus on specific community issues of a particular gender or ethnicity and they only support others when there is a call to do so.

Due to that, you trying to blame black people for these Latino student's remarks is silly. Black students did not make the complaint. The Latino students did. Many black Latinos don't even claim to be black lol. Why should black Americans be blamed for the stuff they say that has nothing to do with us.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post

This is stuff invented for sociology PhD dissertations. No relationship to the real world.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:02 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Cat fight.

nothing to see here.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So to you, anyone who isn't black who complains about "cultural appropriation" are doing it because of black people....?

Very odd comment.

Not all black people or Latinos adhere to the concept of inter-sectionality oppression.

You must not be black lol. It is very rare to find a black person who is truly dedicated to inter-sectionality. Most black people in my own experience are very aware that black people have unique issue within our community and though we are open to helping other ethnic groups (and not all of us are) we also know that our issues are not the issues of other people and that their issues are not always ours.

FWIW, I do know some young people involved in a group that follows ideas regarding inter-sectional issues of particular groups that are gender or ethic based, however those young people also have their own groups that focus on specific community issues of a particular gender or ethnicity and they only support others when there is a call to do so.

Due to that, you trying to blame black people for these Latino student's remarks is silly. Black students did not make the complaint. The Latino students did. Many black Latinos don't even claim to be black lol. Why should black Americans be blamed for the stuff they say that has nothing to do with us.
I know you're into African-American history.

Offhand, I can't recall that hoop earrings were worn by African-American women back when I was a kid. I seem to remember hoop earrings being considered "hootchi jewelry" back in my youth.

Of course, I'm aware of Arabian and South Asian connections of hoop earrings with slavery, but African-American slaves did not, AFAIK, wear hoop earrings.

Which even farther distances black women from this particular issue.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:42 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I know you're into African-American history.

Offhand, I can't recall that hoop earrings were worn by African-American women back when I was a kid. I seem to remember hoop earrings being considered "hootchi jewelry" back in my youth.

Of course, I'm aware of Arabian and South Asian connections of hoop earrings with slavery, but African-American slaves did not, AFAIK, wear hoop earrings.

Which even farther distances black women from this particular issue.
I wonder how many would consider their ancestors to be gypsies, pirates or fortune tellers.

Back in the days of sailing ships and pirates a man would wear an earring if he had survived a shipwreck, typically a gold hoop, and that is where we get the classic pirate image from.

Every fashionable woman owns at least one pair of hoop earrings.......I happen to own many.

As a white woman, I am not giving up something I have worn over half my life. Seems many of these haters are just out for 15 mins of fame! Why isn't Madonna or Cher shutting her down they both wore them a lot in the 70's and 80's.
So much paying attention to what others are doing, little time to recognize their own arrogance and hate.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
I for one think that (fairly) large hoop earrings are a wonderful gift from black women to the world in general, especially men like me who adore women who wear them. Like Mrs. Cyrano. Especially when that's all she wears. Seriously, I think they're sexy as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies