Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 04:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Seriously..do you think that fraud isn't committed against regular insurance companies as well? What about the car accident doctor mills who keep people in treatment for 'soft tissue injuries' for years? I'm not sure why you think this problem is unique to medicare and medicaid.
I didn't say it was and your attempt to dismiss it is pretty sleazy and a part of the reason why we can't move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, I watch the news every day
What a lame answer. I support UHC BUT you can't lose your home over not paying your medical bills. Taxpayers and those with insurance pick it up, which is why none of this makes sense to me.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:36 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Back to the Original topic of this thread.

The Senate bill gets worse and worse. With the GOP unwilling to allow for proper committee involvement, it shows how bad this bill is.

It hurts those who need help the most and is totally in violation of the teaching's of the man they claim to worship.

Time to realize the GOP is there for one thing and one thing only, tax cuts for their large donors.
"tax cuts for their large donors"

What about all the dem LARGE DONORS?

Time to realize you are so biased that that your posts make no sense!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:39 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
So far, it sounds like if you're young and healthy and you opt out, it's going to cost more to get insurance when you need it, it will also cost more as you age, it will cost more if you have pre-existing conditions. This version of our national health care policy seems to have been crafted by the insurance companies. I thought the GOP railed that the federal government had no business legislating your health care? The democrats botched it, the republicans are going to botch it further, a total Washington SNAFU.
Do you have Life insurance?

It works the same way.

Those that are a higher RISK pay MORE.

"This version of our national health care policy seems to have been crafted by the insurance companies"

Like Obama care was?

Does the name "Gruber" ring a bell?

Old 06-25-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do you have Life insurance?

It works the same way.

Those that are a higher RISK pay MORE.

"This version of our national health care policy seems to have been crafted by the insurance companies"

Like Obama care was?

Does the name "Gruber" ring a bell?
Yes, like Obamacare was. I recall all the complaints (rightfully so) but now it's O.K.? (or now it's all of a sudden not OK)?

I'm amazed at how many people will allow their politics to make them look so foolish.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:02 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
and if you can't pay for it you die, too clever by half.
It is not my responsibility or duty to provide healthcare for others. I am not the slave of my neighbor.

But your way of thinking does say that if I don't pay for my neighbors healthcare, I should and could be killed by government thugs if I morally and rightfully object to being my neighbor's slave.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:08 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage | Harvard Gazette

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...of-Health-Care

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2323087/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...coverage-death

Even w/ Insurance:
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...with-insurance

Bankrupties without insurance:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100840148

People forced out of nursing homes??!
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/24/s...ing-homes.html

Breakdown of a civilized society, I'd say.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 06-25-2017 at 10:21 AM..

Old 06-25-2017, 10:17 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm curious...Do you know what the word "empathy" means?
Now I am curious. Do you know what the words "involuntary servitude" and "slavery" mean???

Old 06-25-2017, 10:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Medicaid takes away homes to cover health care costs when they become longterm.
They have the right to recover costs for medical care, yes but they don't do that if there is a surviving spouse in the home, and there are ways to avoid it if you do some advance planning.

No need to worry though. The Republicans just solved your problem, with 800 billion being cut from medicaid, you can keep her house, you just need to figure out what to do with her until she dies

Last edited by 2sleepy; 06-25-2017 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
It is not my responsibility or duty to provide healthcare for others. I am not the slave of my neighbor. But your way of thinking does say that if I don't pay for my neighbors healthcare, I should and could be killed by government thugs if I morally and rightfully object to being my neighbor's slave.
That is libertarian nonsense. Even your hero Ayn Rand went on the dole when she got sick, she had no problem with other people paying for that, did she?

I pay for the roads you drive on, I pay for the schools your kids attend, I pay for wars that I don't believe in or think we have any reason to be involved in, I pay for your police and fire services.

There is no way a society can function without people collectively paying for the goods and services that all of us depend on. If you can't understand that, or if you are truly morally opposed to it, you might consider relocation to Somalia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies