Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 04:53 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
Although I like his acting he is an asshat as is all of hollywerid. I would say he needs to go on a no fly list.
Great idea, put anyone who threatens the President of the USA on the NO FLY list.....for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 05:01 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
When I read this quote from Depp my first thought was to recall how many stupid comments incredibly beautiful people made and no one said, "Wow. That was dumb.". When we add incredibly beautiful to amazingly wealthy, you have someone like Johnny Depp who never, ever had been criticized, until now that he is old and no longer incredibly beautiful, for his idiocy.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:22 PM

11,256 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Celebs, unfortunately, have a LOT of influence on people, what they think, how they act, what they will do.
Many individuals born after 1995 (give or take a few years) take a celebrities opinion as gold. A combination of liberal upbringing and force fed trash from the liberal media and colleges have cemented their opinions on how "life should be". This is a dangerous disease that needs to be corrected.

These are the individuals that will instinctively engage in mindless warfare against anyone who disagrees with them. They are the future of America, and their liberal handlers love them to death. Literally.....

Old 06-24-2017, 07:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Many individuals born after 1995 (give or take a few years) take a celebrities opinion as gold. A combination of liberal upbringing and force fed trash from the liberal media and colleges have cemented their opinions on how "life should be". This is a dangerous disease that needs to be corrected.

These are the individuals that will instinctively engage in mindless warfare against anyone who disagrees with them. They are the future of America, and their liberal handlers love them to death. Literally.....
The only folks I know who hang on a celebrity's every word are die-hard Repubican women, with the monthly subscriptions to 'US" and "In Touch" and "People".

Certainly not a 'leftist' upbringing. Your generalities are just stupid. No offense.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I agree with you completely. I am not debating that at all, his lame attempt at a joke was in poor taste.

I am simply pointing out how crazy some people sound who are actually trying to take it seriously as if Johnny ****ing Depp, Mr. Jack Sparrow himself, is actually a threat to harm the president in any way. That is ridiculous.
He is legitimizing it.
Virtue Signaling, that it would be perfectly OK and he would not hold them in a bad light.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:23 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The only folks I know who hang on a celebrity's every word are die-hard Repubican women, with the monthly subscriptions to 'US" and "In Touch" and "People".

Certainly not a 'leftist' upbringing. Your generalities are just stupid. No offense.
How sad for you that this is all you can think to write. What an utter piece of trash this entire post was...and you actually left it there.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:43 AM

448 posts, read 366,093 times
Default Put Johnny Depp on the no fly list

Put this asshat on the no fly list. Maybe this will make these hollyweird idiots think about what they say.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Nah, why stop there ? Let's just lock him up. I bet you have a bumper sticker on your pick up truck right now that reads that, don't you ?

Old 06-25-2017, 05:59 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
From what I have read, Mr. Depp* has his own private jet, which he has insisted on keeping despite some financial difficulties. Hence, the 'no fly' rule would not apply to him.

*Johnny Depp was quite a splendid actor early in his career, making interesting choices in his roles. Alas! He eventually began doing things such as the Pirate movie franchise, and has lost much of his early credibility as an actor. His statement about the President simply shows how far he has fallen from his early, bright days.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:00 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

I agree with your statement. It's marketing libs, reps, tea party whomever.
This generation and some before there are allot of latch key kids. Kids home alone.
They have gone to tV for company.
Now youth e videos thrown in there.
Or parents don't do much with there kids and they watch this stuff and immortalized these stars.

Schools more and more kids are watching this junk at school.

Everywhere and have become drawn to sensationalism and bar keeps getting higher and higher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies