Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No they didn't.

They didn't fire Brazile until AFTER it went public when it was exposed by Wikileaks months later.
Of course, I suspect that NYT and Wapo readers may not know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 08:51 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
No they didn't.

They didn't fire Brazile until AFTER it went public when it was exposed by Wikileaks months later.
How could CNN fire Brazile over her giving the questions to HRC if CNN did not even know about Brazile's conduct until after it appeared in Wikileaks?

Old 06-23-2017, 08:53 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
How could CNN fire Brazile over her giving the questions to HRC if CNN did not even know about Brazile's conduct until after it appeared in Wikileaks.
How do you know that CNN didn't know. She was on their paid staff. As a member of the DNC, she should have never had access.

Furthermore, are you saying that CNN has paid operatives from the DNC where where they don't have any controls at all over what they might do? That's clear enough there is bias.

Can't have it both ways.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:04 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
The biased media is completely obsessed with Russian collusion narratives and anything to do with Comey, Putin, Flynn, etc. As an independent I used to watch CNN pretty regularly but the coverage has become so one sided and skewed they don't even pretend to be an objective network to fairly report the news. They've joined their fellow liberals in devoting every waking second of every day to trashing the president in pursuit of their impeachment wet dream. This much is evident in their dumb "now more than ever" commercial that they air every 5 minutes. If nothing evolves out of the Russia probe they will quietly move on to something else much like the overhyped special elections that Democrats have lost 4 times now. (They love to downplay these and sweep em under the rug. )

Stories not linked to Trump always have some subtle liberal narrative. They interview biased people with liberal agendas making sure that viewers who aren't interested in their BS conspiracies/ideologies won't get a fair shake at the day's reporting. I don't know if the reports of "staged" stories are true or not but I wouldn't put it past them. While I don't share the president's "Fake News" label I trust CNN significantly less and I'm definitely not alone. Is CNN the new king of the left wing? It used to be more in the middle.
I went to CNN's website and on the front page, only two stories mention Russia. One is about a former Obama administration aid saying the Obama administration didn't handle Russia very well. The other is about Stephen Colbert for some reason.

Trump appears multiples times, two of which are in the opinion section (so aren't bringing up as that means anything said only represents the views of the person who wrote said opinion). Only in one of those articles in which he's mentioned seems to be about Russia, and it's more about his interaction with Commey than Russia.

Meanwhile, MSNBC seems to have at least 3 different articles about Trump and Commey.

So... does obsession mean they mentioned it but also mentioned a ton of other stuff, a significant chunk of which seems to be mostly about the healthcare bill in the Senate (meaning not Trump)?

Old 06-23-2017, 09:06 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
How do you know that CNN didn't know. She was on their paid staff. As a member of the DNC, she should have never had access.

Furthermore, are you saying that CNN has paid operatives from the DNC where where they don't have any controls at all over what they might do? That's clear enough there is bias.

Can't have it both ways.
I am not going to defend Donna Brazile's conduct because she breached her trust with CNN and she should have known better. She deserved to be fired.

However, according to CNN, CNN never gave her access to those questions.

Be that as it may, it is disingenuous to to single out CNN for having a DNC political commentator as FOX has plenty of Republican pundits who are on the RNC payroll as does CNN for that matter.

You can't always control the conduct of your contributors or employees. Ask Fox about Bill O'Reilly.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:13 AM

628 posts, read 695,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How come we never see criticism of Fox News on here? Oh right, right wing bias.
BRAVO! BRAVO!

bra·vo 1 (brä′vō, brä-vō′)

Used to express approval, especially of a performance.
In this case in reply to question

Old 06-23-2017, 10:27 AM

810 posts, read 667,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I went to CNN's website and on the front page, only two stories mention Russia. One is about a former Obama administration aid saying the Obama administration didn't handle Russia very well. The other is about Stephen Colbert for some reason.

Trump appears multiples times, two of which are in the opinion section (so aren't bringing up as that means anything said only represents the views of the person who wrote said opinion). Only in one of those articles in which he's mentioned seems to be about Russia, and it's more about his interaction with Commey than Russia.

Meanwhile, MSNBC seems to have at least 3 different articles about Trump and Commey.

So... does obsession mean they mentioned it but also mentioned a ton of other stuff, a significant chunk of which seems to be mostly about the healthcare bill in the Senate (meaning not Trump)?
I'm not disputing this. I rarely go to CNN's website but I do flip through the channels throughout the day. Everytime I land on CNN it's Russia. The first 2 times I checked in they were talking about alleged Russian meddling and why Trump didn't heed Obama's warning. Before I stepped out an hour ago they were talking about Trump's tweets about not being under investigation. Inside Politics is on right now and they're replaying an interview on MSNBC with a Democratic Senator on Capitol Hill talking about Trump's attempts to "stop the Russian investigation". It's NON-STOP and it's ridiculous. I had to switch over to Fox and Reuters to find out what's going on in the world today.

I complain about CNN because I still watch it, albeit in much smaller chunks. Otherwise I'd avoid it all together. The primary purpose of this thread was to gauge whether non-liberals (which are easy to spot) view it as a happy medium or too left wing to be reliable.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
If you’re not watching multiple different networks throughout the day, reading multiple different informative magazines during the week or newspapers, then you don’t know what the news media is telling you fact or fiction. I’ve viewed FOX most every day in the morning hours and CNN & MSNBC in the evening along with BBC news media and as a news junkie I can’t find enough truth in FOX news to be comfortable with them. Other news sources contradict FOX daily on different reports. FOX isn’t factual and doesn’t provide truthful news most of the time.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:40 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,653 times
Cnn = 24/7/356 hate.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
We have a president who tweets all day long. Much of what he tweets is untrue, biased or outright lies. Therefore, it takes the news stations that wish to set the record straight all day.

If Trump would stick to the facts (which he does about 25% of the time) or just shut up and work, it would not be necessary to discuss half of what the news stations discuss. They are not the fake news--they are correcting the fake news.

I'm sure Trump fans disagree, as they do not appear to question anything that comes out of his mouth, but that is exactly how it is.

We unfortunately have a needy attention-seeking person in the WH who insists that every mundane and often illogical thought that pops into his head must be disseminated to the world. Maybe he could just control himself, put a lid on it, leave us in peace and just work. Right--when pigs fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies