Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 05:39 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I know, right? LOL
By THAT logic, America's illegals issue should be resolved by bringing in MORE illegals. LMAO!! What a warped culture
Part of the answer is more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Part of the answer is more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.
Well they are all law abiding until they are not.

I would love to see these congressmen produce a bill allowing guns in the legislatures, so far they are restricted. Guns in schools, airports, stadiums no problem but not state legislatures god forbid, now why is that.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:45 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well they are all law abiding until they are not.

Drivers are good, until they're not. What is even the point of your argument? The majority of gun crimes are committed by people who are already prohibited from owning firearms.

Quote:
I would love to see these congressmen produce a bill allowing guns in the legislatures, so far they are restricted. Guns in schools, airports, stadiums no problem but not state legislatures god forbid, now why is that.
I don't know.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:28 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

I guessing. Have to think about this one a bit.
" they don't have the Constitutional authority to do so"

Why?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hope they don't store their guns in the glove compartment after their commute.

Can you think of any legislators you would not want to see carry a firearm???

Gulp!

Wonder if they could pass a nics check?
Dem Sen. anti-gun Diane Fienstein had a CCP and DID carry.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm serious. Where in the Constitution can Congress give itself special gun rights that circumvent state laws? I don't think they can do it constitutionally.
Your LACK of knowledge on subjects you comment on is growing.

Congress has "passed laws" giving them special treatment before, like they CANNOT be stopped by ANY police officer, from ANY state they happen to be in, if they are on their way to a session of Congress.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:26 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
nor at there any redcoats coming.
True. Today they wear black masks and show up at street demonstrations and campus speeches instead. And the break windows, burn cars, and beat up people who don't agree with them.

With the refusal of local police to enforce the laws these people are breaking, the 2nd amendment is very relevant, and will soon be very much needed if local "officials" don't get their act together and start doing their jobs.
Quote:
Berkeley mayor: If the school doesn’t shut down right-wing speakers next month, Antifa will riot

AllahpunditPosted at 11:21 am on August 29, 2017

I wonder if, when this guy first ran for public office, he imagined himself one day serving as a de facto mouthpiece for violent fascist “anti-fascists.” (He’s the mayor of Berkeley, so — yes, probably.) Whether he realizes it or not, he’s an accomplice to extortion here. Either the hecklers get to exercise their veto, says the mayor, or there’s going to be trouble.

Think about that. This is the guy in charge of keeping the peace locally, not only capitulating to Antifa’s demands but encouraging the university to do so as well. If he had any dignity, he’d resign and try another line of work.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:13 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Congress introduces bill to carry firearms. Its their right or special treatment ? Do they need more rights than the average citizen ? I wonder how the SCOTUS will rule on this ? It will be headed to court if passed.

Congressman Mo Brooks introduces bill to let Congress members carry guns across U.S. | WHNT.com
It should apply to everyone, but since liberals are hunting GOP politicians in DC it's hardly a surprise they want to arm themselves.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Congress introduces bill to carry firearms. Its their right or special treatment ? Do they need more rights than the average citizen ? I wonder how the SCOTUS will rule on this ? It will be headed to court if passed.

Congressman Mo Brooks introduces bill to let Congress members carry guns across U.S. | WHNT.com
So, chances congress will pass a bill to give them rights we don't have, are pretty good.

Chances states will agree to CC reciprocity, is a chance in hell. Chance congress will fight for the benefits they get, the same chance in hell.

This is just further evidence of our slide into an aristocracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies