Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 01:09 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
holy crap people. Stop with the doom and gloom, everyone's gonna die ****. Only feeble minded dummies will believe this crap.
with a name like bones-- LOL -- all I can say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 01:13 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
Nobody is going to die, come on kiddies, get off the computers, it's time for lunch.
You know it's not just about people dying, but also about people being driven to ruin because of healthcare costs right? It's kind of unbelievable that some conservatives (don't know if this is you or not) want me to care about how their premiums doubled and yet they turn around and say "who cares? you deserved it" to people who can't afford to pay for things like nursing home care. Well, why should I want to repeal ACA... I have great health insurance, don't pay much more than I did before, see great doctors, and there are plenty of insurers in my market. AND I'm covered by Medicaid in case something catastrophic happens to me? Sounds great!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:18 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Nobody is going to die, come on kiddies, get off the computers, it's time for lunch.
You obviously don't worked in the medical field or have family members with current serious life threatening medical conditions. Both of which boxes I check. Seriously some of you posting on here are absolutely clueless.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:23 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
You know it's not just about people dying, but also about people being driven to ruin because of healthcare costs right? It's kind of unbelievable that some conservatives (don't know if this is you or not) want me to care about how their premiums doubled and yet they turn around and say "who cares? you deserved it" to people who can't afford to pay for things like nursing home care. Well, why should I want to repeal ACA... I have great health insurance, don't pay much more than I did before, see great doctors, and there are plenty of insurers in my market. AND I'm covered by Medicaid in case something catastrophic happens to me? Sounds great!
blah, blah, blah. Another lie. The vast majority of people don't go into financial ruin over medical bills only. You can pay 5 bucks a month and they have to legally accept it. There was a study done that debunked this garbage. Every single bankruptcy that was filed and cited as the reason being medical bills was wrong. Those people had all sorts of other credit problems like home foreclosures and bankruptcies BEFORE they had the medical bills. Anyway, this thread IS about people dying, the OP started it that way. See, you got yours and you don't care if others can't afford theirs. That's the issue with these government controlled HC bills. The prices are way out of reach for most people. Who has 12k to spend before their insurance kicks in?

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...cal-bankruptcy

Old 06-26-2017, 01:24 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You obviously don't worked in the medical field or have family members with current serious life threatening medical conditions. Both of which boxes I check. Seriously some of you posting on here are absolutely clueless.
Nobody is going to die. They will be treated. Talk about clueless. BTW, I have family members with cancer so sit down junior.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:27 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Nobody is going to die. They will be treated. Talk about clueless. BTW, I have family members with cancer so sit down junior.
And he also said lives ruined financially. You glossed over that part there

Old 06-26-2017, 01:39 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones;48635816[B
]Nobody is going to die. They will be treated[/b]. Talk about clueless. BTW, I have family members with cancer so sit down junior.
Junior my ass LOL!

You clearly don't know what you're talking about and are a waste of my time to respond to anyone who claims no one will die is not in touch with reality and lacks basic understanding.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:45 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
blah, blah, blah. Another lie. The vast majority of people don't go into financial ruin over medical bills only. You can pay 5 bucks a month and they have to legally accept it. There was a study done that debunked this garbage. Every single bankruptcy that was filed and cited as the reason being medical bills was wrong. Those people had all sorts of other credit problems like home foreclosures and bankruptcies BEFORE they had the medical bills. Anyway, this thread IS about people dying, the OP started it that way. See, you got yours and you don't care if others can't afford theirs. That's the issue with these government controlled HC bills. The prices are way out of reach for most people. Who has 12k to spend before their insurance kicks in?

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...cal-bankruptcy
Funny you should say that... that's exactly what you'd have to pay for nursing home care between days 21-100 before Medicare cuts you off. You're right, who has that kind of money? That's exactly why people are trying to keep Medicaid funded, because only Medicaid will pay for that.

But like you said, no one gets bankrupt over medical bills anyway so what's so wrong with making you pay $12k before your insurance kicks in? You can afford it. Just pay 5 bucks a month and "force them to legally accept it."

Old 06-26-2017, 02:31 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Republican Health Bill Updated To Avoid Insurance Market 'Death Spiral' : NPR

Yup. Lose your job, or have something that causes you to not be able to pay for insurance for a couple months? No insurance for you for 6 months.

I understand the desired purpose, however the results will kill people. Sick people often have a hard time keeping their employment. This change will kill many of those.
Come back when we have an ACTUAL LAW, not a proposal that hasn't even been voted yet and NOT reconciliation with the House on a final bill to vote on.

But, then again we do have the dems who like to exaggerated everything like showing repubs pushing granny over the cliff.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:40 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Come back when we have an ACTUAL LAW, not a proposal that hasn't even been voted yet and NOT reconciliation with the House on a final bill to vote on.

But, then again we do have the dems who like to exaggerated everything like showing repubs pushing granny over the cliff.
You do comprehend that the time to discuss this is BEFORE its a law right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies