Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Another idiotic bias-filled post from you, OP. The misery of your own personal life seems to really roil out in these posts of yours. Please provide proof that Southern Baptists are directly responsible for our current marijuana laws.

From your own link: Medical marijuana is legal in 29 states and recreational marijuana now legal in eight. In addition, many counties across the US have decriminalized small amounts in possession to just ticket-writing misdemeanors. Now compare those stats with US stats from ten years ago. Do you see the actual direction that we are heading? Hint: it's the opposite direction that you are suggesting.
29 states and "trending" versus all of Mexico (of all places). We're behind on this policy and I think it as more to do with needing to incarcerate people.

Southern Baptistan is a leading cause of why we are behind Mexico. Mexico!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
29 states and "trending" versus all of Mexico (of all places). We're behind on this policy and I think it as more to do with needing to incarcerate people.
Mexico has made medicinal marijuana legal. Not recreational. It's a great start that could mean huge changes for their country. Good for them. But I don't live in Mexico. I live in the US, and I'm watching our own laws head into a favorable direction and that's enough for me. It's not a freakin' contest.

Parts of Mexico list 12 years old as the age of sexual consent. Should we follow that too, just because we don't want to "lose?"

Old 06-29-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Mexico has made medicinal marijuana legal. Not recreational. It's a great start that could mean huge changes for their country. Good for them. But I don't live in Mexico. I live in the US, and I'm watching our own laws head into a favorable direction and that's enough for me. It's not a freakin' contest.

Parts of Mexico list 12 years old as the age of sexual consent. Should we follow that too, just because we don't want to "lose?"
That consent law is another reason why it's embarrassing that Mexico is ahead of us on this issue. It's a backwards country with a lot of strife and problems and even they are getting ahead of us. Contest? No. But look in front of you. Southern Baptistan gave us Keebler Elf who is hellbent on preventing any legalization.

You keep saying medicinal v recreational. First it's the same pot and second, most states that legalized medicinal have entire medical industries dedicated to getting people prescriptions. As in, it's legal if you can buy the license. I live by a guy who offers to get your recommendation approved or your money back.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
That consent law is another reason why it's embarrassing that Mexico is ahead of us on this issue. It's a backwards country with a lot of strife and problems and even they are getting ahead of us. Contest? No. But look in front of you.

You keep saying medicinal v recreational. First it's the same pot and second, most states that legalized medicinal have entire medical industries dedicated to getting people prescriptions. As in, it's legal if you can buy the license.
I don't much care about your philosophical dissection of our laws. There is a distinct difference between the two no matter what restrictions you wish to muddy up your point with. We are trending toward tolerance and legalization of both medicinal and recreational pot and that's a great thing. I dgaf if Canada or Mexico beats us to complete legalization. We'll get there ourselves in good time.

Still waiting for some semblance of proof from the OP that the Southern Baptist church is behind our current pot laws. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to clarify this matter.

Ps: It's hard to reply to you in full when you repeatedly edit your own posts.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I don't much care about your philosophical dissection of our laws. There is a distinct difference between the two no matter what restrictions you wish to muddy up your point with. We are trending toward tolerance and legalization of both medicinal and recreational pot and that's a great thing. I dgaf if Canada or Mexico beats us to complete legalization. We'll get there ourselves in good time.

Still waiting for some semblance of proof from the OP that the Southern Baptist church is behind our current pot laws. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to clarify this matter.
What are the differences? It's not philosophical, it's real life.

In one instance I purchase at a store and have to smoke at home because it's not legal in public.

In the other, I have to go to "Guranteed Medical MJ or your money back," wait a few weeks, get a license and then buy at a store and smoke at my home because it's not legal in public.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:56 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
I'll never understand why this is such a big deal to people. It's more of a big deal than anything else. People's priorities are all wacked out.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:08 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If the stoners have their way all of North America will be stoned.
Better than a bunch of raging angry alcoholics drunk driving, fighting & in poor health. Have another, why don't you!

Old 06-29-2017, 09:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I don't think we are 20-30 years away from it being legal. Will likely happen under the next Democratic president, so 4-16 years tops in my opinion.
I agree.

Especially if Sessions follows through on his threats. Can you say backlash?

Actually, I think the next president, whether R or D, will at the very least return to the Obama administration policy. Because it made sense.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
The Canadian Parliament is debating the merits of the proposed changes to the current law here regarding the possession and use of marijuana .

The proposed changes would include..........Youths would have to be at least 19 years old to buy. Producers would be licensed , inspected, and TAXED at source by the Federal AND Provincial Governments, with a set retail price per gram. Retail stores would be licensed and regulated.

Medical use in Canada is now legal, provided that the patient has been examined and their MD has prescribed marijuana for medicinal treatment.

Surveys of adult Canadians show that about 70 percent agree with the proposed legislation.

The Canadian Association of Police Chiefs also support the changes to law here in Canada. Their point of view is " we have much more important criminal matters to address, than charging people for a few ounces of weed ". Possession of large amounts of marijuana will still be a criminal offence, to drive the profit margin down for dealers.

If a individual can buy at the corner store for $10 a gram, why would they pay $30 to a dealer ?

I know that some Americans will get their panties in a knot.............but remember that this is a change in Canadian law, that has nothing to do with the US.

Jim B.
hahaha No one is paying 30 a gram. And government wont be cheaper and still have the same quality. Granted that's just an educated guess based on all the experience we've had with government being inefficient.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If the stoners have their way all of North America will be stoned.
Yep and black men will steal all the white women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies