Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 07:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,555,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No CEO of a publicly- traded company could survive a tweet like this one.

Trump's tweets reveal his character. Believe him.

This crap is baked in and he's not going to change.
I always told my kids when people show you who they are, believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 07:12 PM

1,400 posts, read 865,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I always told my kids when people show you who they are, believe them.
When the media gets nasty and shows you who they are, do you believe them or do you keep watching?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:14 PM

404 posts, read 193,814 times
Let's think back a day or so to when Trump made the "you have a nice smile" comment to the female reporter. A pretty good week he was having up till that it must be said. What should have been seen as a kind gesture by a powerful leader, the type of comment that in Trump's mind could only be seen as gracious and above criticism turned sour on him oh so very fast.

With this dent to his pride, enraged yet again by the media, he lets fly on the first reporters around with something bad to say. Who just happened to be Mika and Joe on MSNBC.

The "bizarre" comment by the Irish reporter was what really enraged Trump and not so much Mika and Joe.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,528,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
How does attacking media personalities make America great again? Political commentary and criticism have been around long before Trump, and will be around long after. I would think a good leader stays focused on the goal.
I do not think the President should of worded what he did this morning.

I don't think there should be attacking.

Although, calling out the media on their lies and agenda train, can make America greater.

Just like the movie stars, the media have become rating whores.
They need to sit back in their seat and stop thinking they are all that, do some real hit the beat research, then report.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,504,314 times
Just a thought. This could end up being the longest thread on trump in C-D. If so what would that say about his term or legacy?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:23 PM

9,540 posts, read 16,543,612 times
I dont see how this country can continue like this.. Am I the only one aware of this fact. People in such high positions behaving like little kids. It was obvious during the campaign something was very wrong. Did people think things would magically change, when the president was elected.

We have immense problems in this country, that are not being fixed. It's constant bickering and not focusing on fixing this messed up USA. Forget the damn tweets and do the damn job. Personally I think the media in this country, is way out of control. I'm not a big fan of Trump's personality, but he is the President. Leave him alone and give him a chance to do his job.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:26 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
When the media gets nasty and shows you who they are, do you believe them or do you keep watching?
He should be busy with the many, many responsibilities of the presidency, not throwing tantrums about the press on a daily basis. That's how the previous 44 presidents have conducted themselves, even Nixon.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Question. Do you regret your vote?

Not yet. 4 months is not enough time to judge any elected official.

Having said this I was and remain repulsed by Trump on a personal level.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,385,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I do not think the President should of worded what he did this morning.

I don't think there should be attacking.

Although, calling out the media on their lies and agenda train, can make America greater.

Just like the movie stars, the media have become rating whores.
They need to sit back in their seat and stop thinking they are all that, do some real hit the beat research, then report.
I'm waiting for another Woodward and Bernstein!

Old 06-29-2017, 07:38 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,528,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I dont see how this country can continue like this.. Am I the only one aware of this fact. People in such high positions behaving like little kids. It was obvious during the campaign something was very wrong. Did people think things would magically change, when the president was elected.

We have immense problems in this country, that are not being fixed. It's constant bickering and not focusing on fixing this messed up USA. Forget the damn tweets and do the damn job. Personally I think the media in this country, is way out of control. I'm not a big fan of Trump's personality, but he is the President. Leave him alone and give him a chance to do his job.

I agree with you whole heartily.

I think politicians at the White House and in each State have behaved like this, behind closed doors. Ya know, the good ole boys club

Trump throws it out in the average persons face via our lovely technology.
But most politicians say the same crap.

I say quiet ya all politicians and do your elected jobs.
There was a time they were elected public servants.

Not anymore.
I don't think ANY of them should get paid what they do to be in any office that serves the public.
It gives them a false self identity that they are bigger than who they actually are.

Your post, Jimrob was great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies