Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 10:04 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Tough, big man cop slapping around a punk kid! Yaaaaaay. Big hero, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He shouldn't have been trying to detain anyone, especially not in that manner. This is just criminal behavior. It's law enforcement bullying. And bullying some punk kid at that.
'Coz even punks need respect, right? You're of the Katy Perry mindset - Just give the bad guys/punks more hugs and they'll straighten right out!

Old 06-30-2017, 10:48 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He says the kids were trespassing.

"You’re trespassing in my f***ing yard you understand that?" the officer says.

Video of Off-Duty Police Officer Pinning Black Teen Sparks Outrage - NBC News

"According to Jordan (black kid) , however, he and his friend (white kid) had just left a basketball game when they were jumped by three boys. The two ran away from the fight and when Jordan was on his way home he heard his friend call for help. Jordan found his friend hiding in bushes in the off-duty officer’s yard and when he went to go get help, that’s when Jordan says he was grabbed by the officer.
This is apparently what happened, so clearly the officer did something wrong because he ended up pinning to the ground a victim or a witness. That is why his white friend started videotaping his friend getting assaulted by a police officer. Also this isn't a trespassing case because if it was, The officer would have allowed the teens to leave his property, instead he put one on the ground and told him he was going to kill him...

Old 06-30-2017, 01:08 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
The article clearly says both of the teens attempted to leave the property. In my mind, it would have made more sense for the officer to detain the white kid, since there were obvious signs he had been involved in the fight and it is more likely the backpack with the bb gun belonged to him (black kid was wearing his backpack). Instead the officer chose to physically assaulted and restrained the black kid. The white kid recorded the incident.
...and yet the white kid didn't leave.

There is not a shred of proof that his actions were racial despite your repeated grasping at straws.

Aren't there enough real cases out there to keep you content without having to invent more without a shred of proof?

Old 06-30-2017, 03:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
'Coz even punks need respect, right? You're of the Katy Perry mindset - Just give the bad guys/punks more hugs and they'll straighten right out!
If he wasn't a cop, he wouldn't have dared pulled this crap with this kid.

And neither would you.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:14 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
I love the part where it says in the article that the boy did nothing to warrant the force... LOL

Trespassing is warrant enough.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:18 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Kids walk on lawns and take short cuts all the time. It shouldn't be a big deal to anyone unless you have a dog or they're leaving litter or destroying your property.

This is a guy who should not be walking around with a gun and a badge.
Yeah, this is the next town over from where I'm from in Indiana. Before we had a fence, kids would cut through our corner lot yard and I'm from an "upscale" town. I've never had anyone sit on the porch but I'd have to see the front of his house to see how close it is to the street and if he has a sidewalk. I know Lansing has some racial problems, not sure if it's as bad as the next town, calumet city.
Either way, the kid is bleeding and I would think that a cop should be more interested in that.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, a homeowner encounters some boys who had been in a fight. An injured boy rats another kid out. The homeowner pins the accused kid down until the police arrive. I fail to see the problem. Sure, the homeowner's words were on the aggressive side, but this isn't Sunday School, it's Chicago. Having not been there, it's hard to judge these things.
It's not Chicago, it's the first town over the Indiana/Illinois border.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In castle doctrine states, I can confront any trespasser on my property. I can also use deadly force if I feel threatened.
It doesn't allow you to shoot someone in the back. The kid was walking away.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:47 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I love the part where it says in the article that the boy did nothing to warrant the force... LOL

Trespassing is warrant enough.
No it's not. Cutting through someones yard on the way home from school and you want those kids tackled and held against their will? Yea that's how society should handle things.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:10 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No it's not. Cutting through someones yard on the way home from school and you want those kids tackled and held against their will? Yea that's how society should handle things.
Well, obviously "society" is not teaching these kids to respect private property, so someone has to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies