Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 05:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Breaking the law by *trespassing*? Is that what you're asking me?
Yes.
For example, I have posted no trespassing signs, which in my state make it a crime to come uninvited on our property.

One big reason is the rise in strange people casing homes by posing to be solicitors. They don't respect no solicitor signs (also illegal, but less penalty).

The other reason is the danger posed to my kids when lazy drivers jump our driveway to cut across our property instead of slowing down and just going around the curve of the street.

What do you propose is appropriate to do to them?

I'm asking you this question because you seem to think that it shouldn't even be treated as a crime. So what should a person do if someone they don't want is on their property?

Old 06-30-2017, 05:30 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Sniffle...sniffle...I spent a lot of time and money, too, and guess what? In 30 years time nothing ever happened because some kid cut through my yard.

Really? A footprint? You sound insane.

There are some real badasses in here LMAO!!! I bet even Chuck Norris wouldn't walk on their lawns!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 06:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Sorry, I was trying to exaggerate. So if little snotty, lazy, ignorant, disrespectful, law-breakers continually trounced around on your property it would be fine with you? Hey they are just "kids", in this case actually animals because they do not respect private property rights. Maybe if they started hanging around in your back yard and having keggers there you'd be good with that too. Hell, leave your door open so they can help themselves out to whatever they want from your house too. They are "just" children and won't cause any harm at all. Even though we know by the fact that they are willing to trespass that they are animals with no understanding of or respect for private property.

That is your choice to allow invaders on your property, and that is your choice, it is your property after all. But the little animals, and all other criminals, can stay the hell off of my property thank you very much.
Why are you still exaggerating? You said you had a problem with anyone walking across your lawn - now you're talking about disrespectful law-breakers continually trouncing around on your property. These are two different things and the topic was cutting across the lawn or cutting through the backyard. Not being disrespectful or snotty or destructive. Concentrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes.
For example, I have posted no trespassing signs, which in my state make it a crime to come uninvited on our property.

One big reason is the rise in strange people casing homes by posing to be solicitors. They don't respect no solicitor signs (also illegal, but less penalty).

The other reason is the danger posed to my kids when lazy drivers jump our driveway to cut across our property instead of slowing down and just going around the curve of the street.

What do you propose is appropriate to do to them?

I'm asking you this question because you seem to think that it shouldn't even be treated as a crime
. So what should a person do if someone they don't want is on their property?
Stan, you're doing the same thing irspow did. You start out by pushing back because I don't have a problem with kids cutting through my yard and now you're bringing up something completely different. Not everything is lumped into the same bucket.

I have a no soliciting sign on my door and still have people ringing my bell. Solicitors don't think they're trespassing, so your sign isn't going to get through to anybody. I do know some people pass by my house once they see the sign. The ones who ring my bell anyway I just treat like they're the idiots they are. But the problem is - they're not coming back, so treating them like they're morons isn't going to solve the problem. So I deal with it because guess what? It's not the worst thing in life and isn't worth getting worked up about. Lose your wife, lose a child and you'll find out how UNIMPORTANT the rest of this noise is. But if it really bothers you - try putting up a custom sign that says something like, "Ring my bell with something to sell, you'll be met by my pit bull and heading for hell.' (I'm not in creative, I just work with them, so don't shoot - I'm no poet).

As for people driving across the corner of your lawn and you being concerned about the safety of your children, you honestly don't know what to do? Honestly? I'd be getting rather large boulders to place on the corner of the lot as decoration and letting them screw up their car because they weren't prepared. After that they won't cut across your lot again.

If you really want to be nice, just put in some deflectors on those rods you place into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
There are some real badasses in here LMAO!!! I bet even Chuck Norris wouldn't walk on their lawns!!!

Seriously. Methinks Detroiter was right and they're in their houses crying because someone walked on their lawn without taking their shoes off first.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:24 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
No, I'm not pushing back and I clearly stated that what I'm talking about has nothing to do with what's going on in the case.

I also clearly stated that I do not believe the trespassers necessarily warrant any kind of physical violence or any of that nonsense.

And what I'm talking about has nothing to do with people peacefully walking across your grass even though those people don't belong there either.

You also didn't seem to read my statement. I have clearly posted no trespassing signs. That is not the same thing as a no soliciting sign. The no soliciting sign did not work. Despite the fact that soliciting when that sign is present is illegal.
The no trespassing signs take the violation to a higher level.

You also didn't read where I wrote that they are cutting across my driveway. My driveway links two corners of a road bc I am a corner lot. The driveway starts on either end of the street and runs right by my front door. I need to use my driveway, so putting boulders at the ends is a ridiculous idea.

And how is booby trapping your house any different from actually actively being violent towards someone?

Old 06-30-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, I'm not pushing back and I clearly stated that what I'm talking about has nothing to do with what's going on in the case.

I also clearly stated that I do not believe the trespassers necessarily warrant any kind of physical violence or any of that nonsense.

And what I'm talking about has nothing to do with people peacefully walking across your grass even though those people don't belong there either.

You also didn't seem to read my statement. I have clearly posted no trespassing signs. That is not the same thing as a no soliciting sign. The no soliciting sign did not work. Despite the fact that soliciting when that sign is present is illegal.
The no trespassing signs take the violation to a higher level.

You also didn't read where I wrote that they are cutting across my driveway. My driveway links two corners of a road bc I am a corner lot. The driveway starts on either end of the street and runs right by my front door. I need to use my driveway, so putting boulders at the ends is a ridiculous idea.

And how is booby trapping your house any different from actually actively being violent towards someone?
I read your post. You mentioned people casing your home pretending to be solicitors. What difference does it make whether they're real or fake solicitors? The point is to get them to stop ringing your bell, isn't it? I'm assuming casing your place means standing at the front door pretending to sell something while looking inside. If not, if you're talking about externally, they can do that using google earth or maps.

I realize you weren't talking about people peacefully walking across YOUR lawn, but that was the topic of discussion when you jumped in.

I'm having trouble even picturing what your driveway situation even looks like, so I've got nothing.

And putting a big boulder on property to prevent people from cutting across what I thought was lawn, isn't boobytrapping your property, it's taking measures to protect your kids from people who have no respect for your property. If you can't see the difference between that and being violent with someone who cuts through your yard, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:50 PM

Stan, it seems I owe you an apology because I was attributing some of the posts to you that weren't yours. Rather than edit my post, I'll just apologize here.

So you didn't jump in and I'm sorry I confused the issue.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
You know what? I think you hit the nail on the head. These were the wimpy ass kids in school who goaded others on to start a fight and then they sat back and watched without ever getting their hands dirty because they're sadistic marshmallows.

Going after a kid whose only crime is cutting across your lawn. Unbelievable what witch-hunty whiners people are.
You've got it exactly right. These posters are talking out of their asses.

That cop was probably a sissy growing up and got his ass kicked regularly. Now he's a big bad cop going around roughing up lil punk kids in his neighborhood because he knows their parents can't retaliate with the PD in this back pocket to back him up. If he wasn't a cop, the kid's dad or uncles would come over his house and break his damn neck.

This video is one of the most sickening things i've ever seen. I can't believe that anyone would approve of this nonsense..
Quote:
Sorry, I was trying to exaggerate. So if little snotty, lazy, ignorant, disrespectful, law-breakers continually trounced around on your property it would be fine with you? Hey they are just "kids", in this case actually animals because they do not respect private property rights. Maybe if they started hanging around in your back yard and having keggers there you'd be good with that too. Hell, leave your door open so they can help themselves out to whatever they want from your house too. They are "just" children and won't cause any harm at all. Even though we know by the fact that they are willing to trespass that they are animals with no understanding of or respect for private property.

That is your choice to allow invaders on your property, and that is your choice, it is your property after all. But the little animals, and all other criminals, can stay the hell off of my property thank you very much.
Knock it off. Millions of kids walk on other peoples lawns everyday in America.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:23 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
Quote:
I spend a lot of time and effort (and cost) to keep up my property. It certainly is not some public access through route for any idiot who chooses to trounce through it because he is lazy, ignorant, and disrespectful. If some moron wants to even put a foot print in my grass because he thinks he is entitled to trespass on my property, I can claim that it is my right to put his face print in my lawn.
Is your mailbox on your actual house? Because in that area, they are and every single mailman will walk through your grass everyday to get to the next home. I'd love to see you try to do anything about it.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
It wasn't about walking on the lawn.. fake news. Read the article..

Old 06-30-2017, 10:30 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
Quote:

You really jumped to conclusions based on one event. They are animals? They are continually trouncing?
You're not all there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies