Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 06:43 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Integrating cameras into phones was the worst idea ever...
What's done in the dark shall be revealed in the light!!!!

Old 07-03-2017, 08:08 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Integrating cameras into phones was the worst idea ever...
Why? Do you want police officers to get away with abusing their powers?

Old 07-03-2017, 08:10 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
What's done in the dark shall be revealed in the light!!!!
In the state of Texas, a bill was introduced with the intent making it illegal for people to film the police.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Prove it. Show me a non-biased source that shows that teenager being a physical and violent threat to that man.
I never said the kid was violent, but to be fair the video doesn't show what happened before he grabbed the kid. And for the record I don't necessarily support the cop.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
In the state of Texas, a bill was introduced with the intent making it illegal for people to film the police.
It has been tried in other states and it always gets shut down for being unconstitutional.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:10 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Why? Do you want police officers to get away with abusing their powers?
I'm tired of criminals playing victim as they get to publish and spin the story. Cameras everywhere are unnecessary and counterproductive. Everybody thinks they're an internet star. It used to be graffiti, now it's Youtube. And if you don't want the police on your @ss, then stop committing crimes. If an officer says "Stop", then you stop.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:26 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times
Quote:
I'm tired of criminals playing victim as they get to publish and spin the story. Cameras everywhere are unnecessary and counterproductive. Everybody thinks they're an internet star. It used to be graffiti, now it's Youtube. And if you don't want the police on your @ss, then stop committing crimes. If an officer says "Stop", then you stop.
So let's see how stupid this sounds.

You're saying that graffiti which defaces public and private property is some how similar or the same as Youtube?

That has to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've seen in a long time.

Look here, let me explain this to you really simply.

Police's word in court is golden law. Essentially considered infallible. In the relatively short time we've had cell phone video and youtube there have been a number of police officers that have been caught on video doing some really bad things. Like killing fleeing suspect by shooting them in the back and then dropping their tazer saying "he struggled and stole my weapon" to cover himself.

This isn't a new trend, it has been going on for a long time. Just that LEO's were able to get away with it.

Not all LEO's are bad, in fact the vast majority of them are awesome, underpaid and have a tough job. However the one's that are bad are protected, shuffled from department to department and hidden away until recently. Corruption like that shouldn't be protected it should be exposed. Especially when you consider how powerful their word is in court and how a single LEO can essentially ruin your life with hearsay.

So yes, let's get body camersa and get their actions recorded. There should also be severe fines and punishment for turning off the system. There is nothing wrong with recording police interaction and it should be encouraged.

You aren't judge and jury as a cop. Just because the guy is a POS and you've dealt with him for 10 years doesn't mean you get to hang him up on a fake weapons charge just to make something stick. You don't get to plant drugs or shoot up a law abiding citizens car because he happens to be black and has a CCW.

You have a ton of power as a LEO and as a result the consequences for abusing that power and trust should be severe. Departments shouldn't be like the Catholic church and shuffling the bad apples around the dioceses trying to play hush hush.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:56 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It has been tried in other states and it always gets shut down for being unconstitutional.
As it should be. No person has a reasonable expectation of privacy while in public. And agents of the State in particular should NEVER expect "privacy" while acting as agents of the State. The brightest spotlight possible should always be focused upon the actions of the State and its agents.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:42 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
City-data isn't Stormfront-lite IMO. In fact the biggest and most popular sub-forum besides the state/city forums and PaOC is dominated by liberal people (General U.S). I would say the reason why city-data has so many conservatives in the first place is the fact that the state subforums like Texas and Florida brought a lot of conservative opinion unto the site which includes some stormfront type people, I don't know about you guys but most posters on PaOC seem to have drifted in from other areas of the website, and only the trolls and stormfront-lite people are the ones that exclusively post here.

I personally came from posting in City vs. City and General U.S, because I love city development, and i'm addicted to hobbies like geofiction (building fictional cities/worlds).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies