Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
The article clearly states that he found the backpack and bb gun in his backyard and then saw the injured kid on his property. There is no indication in the article that the backpack or bb gun belonged to the black kid, nor is there any indication that the he was involved in a fight. In fact, the it clearly states the black kid was going to check on his friend (the white kid).
Let's just be realistic for a moment. A backpack containing a weapon is chucked into a guy's backyard at the same moment a kid injured in a fight parks himself on the guy's front porch, and as he walks out he sees a second kid trespassing across his lawn. You want me to believe there's no connection to all of this? Well, I don't.

I've stated twice that the officer's reaction was disproportionate, but I'm not giving these dumb ass kids a pass for their own part in this. My opinion doesn't much matter, though. It's a police issue now and I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.

Ps:I see you've edited the post I just replied to to add a racial element. How original of you.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:09 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
At end of the day, the cop assaulted the black kid - as he was leaving his property. Yet he did not touch or attempt to detain the white kid, who had clearly been involved in a fight.
Agreed.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
Perhaps you are just skimming through comments, but I have not edited the post you quoted. I edited my status because I noticed I've have it set to "like sunshine on a cloudy day" for the past 7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Let's just be realistic for a moment. A backpack containing a weapon is chucked into a guy's backyard at the same moment a kid injured in a fight parks himself on the guy's front porch, and as he walks out he sees a second kid trespassing across his lawn. You want me to believe there's no connection to all of this? Well, I don't.

I've stated twice that the officer's reaction was disproportionate, but I'm not giving these dumb ass kids a pass for their own part in this. My opinion doesn't much matter, though. It's a police issue now and I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.

Ps:I see you've edited the post I just replied to to add a racial element. How original of you.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:15 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Integrating cameras into phones was the worst idea ever...
Why? Because it exposes bad cops behaving badly? That's a bad thing how?

That guy needs to get fired yesterday. If the police department stands for professionalism and integrity, that guy showed neither professionalism nor integrity. He's gonna get mad and blow some steam off some black guy with his gun, mark my words. He's gonna kill somebody some day, and it's gonna be a black man. He needs to be fired. If the Anaheim cop got fired because he shot his service weapon as warning shots, this guy needs to get canned and his LEO license revoked

Old 06-29-2017, 09:22 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Gotta disagree with yah on that one.......no more nudy pics, how could we survive?!
Old Skool way - Polaroids! No danger of those leaking or being stolen from phones.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Perhaps you are just skimming through comments, but I have not edited the post you quoted. I edited my status because I noticed I've have it set to "like sunshine on a cloudy day" for the past 7 years.
You're right. You made another post while I was responding to your first one. They weren't the same. My apologies for that. I'll always own up to my mistakes, and I made one here.

I'm simply conversing about the same topic that you are, yet you're accusing me of defending the officer even after I've stated several times that he acted disproportionately. You appear to be seeking a confrontation. Just because I also find the youths guilty of stupidity doesn't mean that I feel the cop is clean. In SO many of these cases the truth lies down the middle, and the altercation is commonly the fault of both sides acting foolishly. I believe this is one of those cases.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:26 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
The real issue is he overreacted because he knew he could get away with it, and no one would contest him.
No doubt the kids shouldnt be walking on his lawn, maybe they made a habit of it and he had enough. But he obviously learned no reasonable conflict resolution skills. Any ordinary citizen would have been charged for that.
Yes and if that is in fact the case, then he really didn't overreact as much as some may think. I know first hand of this type of thing because I've got neighbor kids who are 14 - 15 years old who have dropped out of high school that day in and day out go into my yard, ride bikes through it, mess up the flower beds, leave cigarette butts all over and now we are starting to have planter pots missing. Taking one of these kids by the neck and throwing them to the ground may be an overreaction the first half a dozen times or so, but eventually it's going to be a very accommodating and long overdue action.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Kids walk on lawns and take short cuts all the time. It shouldn't be a big deal to anyone unless you have a dog or they're leaving litter or destroying your property.

This is a guy who should not be walking around with a gun and a badge.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:35 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why? Because it exposes bad cops behaving badly? That's a bad thing how?

That guy needs to get fired yesterday. If the police department stands for professionalism and integrity, that guy showed neither professionalism nor integrity. He's gonna get mad and blow some steam off some black guy with his gun, mark my words. He's gonna kill somebody some day, and it's gonna be a black man. He needs to be fired. If the Anaheim cop got fired because he shot his service weapon as warning shots, this guy needs to get canned and his LEO license revoked
As a homeowner finding strangers on his property and being told there was a violent altercation involved with their presence, he did nothing wrong. As for what may someday happen, if an officer says "Stop!" You stop. If he says "Keep your hands where I can see them!", then you keep your hands out of your f*ckin' pockets, homie! I'd be fine with having this man as a neighbor.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Right. They were actually sitting on the cop's front porch according to one of the youths. One of them had left a backpack on the cop's lawn with a baseball bat and a BB gun in it. They'd been part of a fight that involved 30 people just prior to this encounter.

I'm sure they were good boys, though. Just taking a breather on a cop's front porch. Nothing to see here.
Dindo Nuffin !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies