Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
NFL players should absolutely speak out when 95% of them are African-American and the much of America's policies, namely criminal justice, still targets Black people at disproportionate rates. Good for Kaepernick...the players should be speaking out more on his behalf to get him a job.

By the way, when was the last Jim Brown spoke or did anything to evoke major change? Handing out turkeys during the holidays is not the change that Kaepernick is fighting for!
i agree to a point. as for getting kap a job, he needs to do that himself. he is the one that needs to convince coaches and GMs to hire him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
It has already started with a youth team from Texas that was suspended for protest.
https://mic.com/articles/180758/nfl-...est#.YCMU9Ueyo
yes, just now starting after two seasons or so of kap kneeling during the anthem. if he had done it right the first time, it would be a regular topic of conversation right now.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:33 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
maybe they just want kae to shut the hell up. the more he speaks the less money they make

Old 06-30-2017, 04:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
too bad, i think kap has a proper message to send out to the public.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They can quit their jobs in the NFL if they would like and become full time activists.
I know that people where you're from aren't capable of doing two things at the same time, but in the rest of the world, people do it all the time.

I know...shocker, ain't it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
maybe they just want kae to shut the hell up. the more he speaks the less money they make
Yeah, he cost them billions.

Team owners are now a bunch of paupers.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
After I saw the player with the 'pig cops' socks last season, I turned off the NFL altogether. It was the first year since I was a teenager that I didn't watch a single game. And I knew the practice of shoving their politics into the sport would only continue and increase. And I think that, while most Americans were willing to ignore it at first, it's going to get to a point where even middle of the road folks are going to feel enough is enough. People turn on sports for entertainment, not politics.
We immerse ourselves in sports to forget work and politics. It was always a safe haven, but EVERYTHING has to be politicized now. It sucks!

Old 06-30-2017, 04:55 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
Kneeling during the national anthem backfires as much as BLM blocking freeways.

Doing something as a protest that irritates people rarely makes them sympathetic to your cause.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:11 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I have not read all the posts. I am for free speech and I am also for taking the consequences of one's actions.

Anyone who would jeopardize a lucrative NFL career to make the political statement he made is just plain stupid. It is my understanding that kaepernick was from a privileged upbringing. I assume he always got a trophy for participation, and has probably never suffered the consequences of his actions. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for him.

There is a place for proudly standing up against "the man". In this case, he was dumb.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:25 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
That's just nuts. 50 percent?

Not real sure just how big this will be. But it's obvious a blow back by some players for Kap still being unemployed.
He is unemployed because he sucks.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:21 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Kneeling during the national anthem backfires as much as BLM blocking freeways.

Doing something as a protest that irritates people rarely makes them sympathetic to your cause.
you're comparing kneeling to blocking traffic? And you're saying that kneeling irritates people? Being mad at kneeling is peak fake outrage. He kneeled in a couple other preseason games before anyone even noticed. It was the most out of site out of mind protesting a person can do.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
After I saw the player with the 'pig cops' socks last season, I turned off the NFL altogether. It was the first year since I was a teenager that I didn't watch a single game. And I knew the practice of shoving their politics into the sport would only continue and increase. And I think that, while most Americans were willing to ignore it at first, it's going to get to a point where even middle of the road folks are going to feel enough is enough. People turn on sports for entertainment, not politics.
Yeah, everyone claims that they turned off football last year. Totally believable..

Which is why the NFL made more money than ever last season....because you all turned it off. LMAO

I swear, some of you posters think EVERYBODY is stupid with the crap you come in here with and expect people to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies