Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times

Advertisements

whether in terms of the cruelty to the general public or the greed in the give-away to the richest - I hope that you're contacting any Republican senators to make your unhappiness known. They're looking at that feedback, you know. Not at each individual complaint, but they're certainly watching the trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 04:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
the thing i am unhappy with the the damned federal government sticking its nose in state responsibilities. its the purview of the states to deal with health insurance, not the damned federal government.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:42 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the thing i am unhappy with the the damned federal government sticking its nose in state responsibilities. its the purview of the states to deal with health insurance, not the damned federal government.
Says you.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:46 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Thanks for reminding me. I contacted my GOP senator last week but I am going to ask my spouse to do the same within the next few days. And I will contact a 2nd time.

My grievance is that monthly premiums are raised for those between 50-64 years old. This hurts people that pay out of pocket for their monthly healthcare premium and aren't subsidized. This is a massive premium increase from the current ACA premiums for people between 50-64 years old.

Can someone post a link to the US Senate and US House contact page - so people can click the link to contact their senators and US Representatives? Thanks

Old 06-30-2017, 04:48 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Right, the classic argument for supporting slavery.

I'm starting to think, if a solution is good, if a standard is good, why shouldn't it be imposed on the whole country? Why shouldn't all states be required to have equally good schools, equally good food safety, etc.? There are some instances where a vastly different solution might be appropriate due to a state's particular climate or geography, but very rarely.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:03 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:

In a nutshell yes.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:05 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Says you.

Show us the Constitutional Authority for this.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
whether in terms of the cruelty to the general public or the greed in the give-away to the richest - I hope that you're contacting any Republican senators to make your unhappiness known. They're looking at that feedback, you know. Not at each individual complaint, but they're certainly watching the trends.
I have. I live in south Carolina. Graham, Scott, Sanford. Are you feeling my pain.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:09 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Oh, please educate us on how it would be better if the States did it vs the Feds ? There must be some very good reasons for you to make that statement, otherwise you would not say it......right ?

Old 06-30-2017, 05:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh I think they Know AMERICA is unhappy with their Bill. Over SIX YEARS of whining and no solution, this thing is going to cost the GOP in support and votes. Had they been able to put it off for a year or two they would at least do ok in 2018, as it is still early and the impact will be felt before then then, they are screwed. Would be funny to see the roles reversed again, but I think the far right will go Off, as will the far left, and it will it not be long before Healthcare will be the Least of our worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies