Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I guess I'm in that basket of deplorables, irredeemable in the eyes of Maddam Hilly.

At least you own it. You made nasty, rude comments about a woman and you owned up to it. I actually respect that.

Most Trumpers won't own their demeaning and inappropriate comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:16 AM

487 posts, read 545,411 times
I don't think Chelsea should be commenting on President Trump considering her dad's not so presidential behavior in the Oval Office when he was president and her mom's not so honest behavior too. People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:29 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
At least you own it. You made nasty, rude comments about a woman and you owned up to it. I actually respect that.

Most Trumpers won't own their demeaning and inappropriate comments.
Its no less than what the Clinton clan deserves. I dont consider it demeaning or inappropriate. Nasty? Rude? thats a matter of opinion.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its no less than what the Clinton clan deserves. I dont consider it demeaning or inappropriate. Nasty? Rude? thats a matter of opinion.

Fair enough....I guess.

Hypothetical to make a point. If somebody was referring to YOUR mother, sister, daughter......and referred to her as "rotten spawn" and when she talked, said that "she opened her fat mouth."

Whether it bothered you or not, would you consider those statements nasty and/or rude?

Old 07-05-2017, 11:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Fair enough....I guess.

Hypothetical to make a point. If somebody was referring to YOUR mother, sister, daughter......and referred to her as "rotten spawn" and when she talked, said that "she opened her fat mouth."

Whether it bothered you or not, would you consider those statements nasty and/or rude?
I wouldn't bother. Cons have zero sense of manners, dignity or class.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:49 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's because she is. Chelsea is as brilliant as the Obamas. She graduated from Stanford, and has Master's degrees from Oxford and Columbia and a PhD from Oxford. Like Michelle Obama, she made a successful career on her own and didn't depend on a husband to pay her way. The Trumps aren't worthy to clean the dirt off her Jimmy Choos. I think the jealousy is on their side, not the Clintons.
huh???

started her career at a consulting firm McKinsey and Company, because of her name...at 120k salary, unheard of for a fresh college graduate

moved next to the hedge fund of billionaire Clinton confidante Marc Lasry. Lasry bundled nearly a million for Obama and was nominated to be the ambassador to France, but withdrew his name from consideration after his ties to an alleged Russian mobster emerged. He has contributed more than $460,000 to Democratic candidates and party organs since the 1990s.........again because of her name

speaking of hedge funds:
Quote:
Marc Mezvinsky Chelsea Clinton's husband) is hitting the bricks following the monumental failure of his hedge-fund company, Eaglevale Partners.

The fund was quietly closed down in December, and now Mezvinsky and his partners are busy returning what money remains to investors. The group raised $25 million, reports Britain’s Daily Mail and Bloomberg News, but the fund lost 90 percent of its value investing in bank stocks and debt from Greece.

Mezvinsky is no stranger to the perils of financial mismanagement. His father, Former Iowa Rep. Edward Mezvinsky, pleaded guilty to felony fraud in 2001 and served five years in federal prison for a $10 million Ponzi scheme that scammed friends and family.
moved next to, special correspondent at NBC News ...again because of her name..and an unheard of 600k salary

left there to work/schlep at the Clinton Foundation

and then as a campaign supporter for her mother

In the fall of 2011, Bill, Hillary, Chelsea, and Marc were in Little Rock for the dedication of the Bill Clinton Presidential Park Bridge.

As all four were about to step before the cameras, Chelsea told her husband that he had to wait behind, telling him "you’re not a Clinton."

Former associates of Chelsea say she carries herself "with the sort of entitlement only a former first child could" and is referred to behind her back as "the royal child."

yet
Chelsea Clinton, $10M Apartment, $3M Wedding, $600K Job, yet tweets " I Just Don't Care About Money"

so please inform me how exactly that is "make a successful career on her own"

Old 07-05-2017, 11:50 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She speaks from an un-earned soapbox.
In America our soap box comes with birth, it doesn't have to be earned.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:13 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
I don't think Chelsea should be commenting on President Trump considering her dad's not so presidential behavior in the Oval Office when he was president and her mom's not so honest behavior too. People in glass houses should not throw stones.
Chelsea Clinton was a young teenager when her father disgraced himself - why do you think she should bear responsibility for his behavior then? Or at any time, for that matter? She is responsible for herself, no one else. Not her glass house.

Do you feel responsible for things your own parents did when you were say, 15? Do you think your parents' actions when you were a kid should keep you from ever commenting on topics of concern to you? If so, why do you comment here??

If so, I'd say counseling would be a very good idea.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She'd be respected YUGELY if she just came out and say it.....
  • Her mom is a war mongering liar & crook that most people can't stand to be around, including her own SS detail assigned to follow her, staff, and most anyone else.
  • Her dad is a disgraced president who abused & raped women.
  • Both her parents sold off their positions in government to enrich themselves far far in excess of what their government salaries could provide.
  • And that she has benefited greatly from the above and beyond marrying into another crooked family and birthing two babies she has no other accomplishments.
It's good to be part of the 1%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Good luck with that. She will never dis her parents because the name is her meal ticket.

Who else would win an award and get front page coverage for simply showing up at a food center and packing a few grapefruits?

MSM and Hollywood are setting her up to be their new great white female hope. She only needs her fathers name and, like her mother, experience is not required. Hell, she'll probably win a Nobel Peace Prize just to make her credible. It's happened before, right?

I doubt the left will be finished shooting themselves in the foot by 2020. If they put up Warren, Bloomberg or Bernie... it'll be 7.5 years for sure.

Why would anyone expect something of Chelsea Clinton and not the same from Ivanka or the rest of 45's progeny?
45's supporters have annointed Ivanka next in line for the presidency but somehow anyone on the "left" believing the same about Chelsea is guilty of rank nepotism?

Don't trip over those double-standards.

It's cute how people want to hate on one side and cuddle up to the other.
Y'all do realize that there is absolutely no difference between them, right?

They are all entitled power-brokers who have bamboozled many into thinking that they hate each other and/or have some specific group's best interests at heart while demonizing the other.

Meanwhile, they all party together and get the last laugh.

"On Saturday, some of the world’s most powerful politicians, celebrities, and billionaires from both sides of the aisle congregated at Washington Post editor Lally Weymouth’s Southampton home for champagne, cocktails, and fried chicken. The star-studded guest list included Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, George Soros, Kellyanne Conway, Steven Spielberg, Bill Bratton, Charles Koch, Carl Icahn, and Sen. Chuck Schumer, among others."

Kushner, Ivanka, Soros, Schumer, And More Min | The Daily Caller

Don't care what Chelsea Clinton has to say? Easy enough to ignore her.
But don't pretend that Ivanka, et al. is any more deserving of respect.
None of them would be where they are without riding their parents' coat-tails and/or excusing any/all of their parents' shortcomings.
Easy enough to explain - it's family and the parents write the wills.

Harder to explain, though, is why millions of people bearing no relation, think it's going to rub off on them.
It's not.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:34 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Chelsea Clinton was a young teenager when her father disgraced himself - why do you think she should bear responsibility for his behavior then? Or at any time, for that matter? She is responsible for herself, no one else. Not her glass house.

Do you feel responsible for things your own parents did when you were say, 15? Do you think your parents' actions when you were a kid should keep you from ever commenting on topics of concern to you? If so, why do you comment here??

If so, I'd say counseling would be a very good idea.
nevertheless, Chelsea of all people should know better than to criticize a President, knowing of her own fathers proclivities, regardless of how long ago it happened
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies