Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 AM

275 posts, read 185,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We're not paying for any of this; we would be paying for it with Muslim refugees.
How much do you think a 1.5M in donations will last in this case? Between the transfer, international highly specialized flight and the American costs for ICU and treatment, I give it less than 6 months. The baby won't probably die while he is hooked to the machines so there's a high possibility that once in US soil they will run out of money and the public will end up paying. So if it's ok in this case that's it's a matter of when, not if, the baby dies, why not give treatment to other kids which can come in regular commercial planes and which treatments are much cheaper?

The baby is not going to improve, he's brain dead, further treatment is against compassionate care. If he was an adult it would have been a non issue. I am starting to think the parents are suffering a type of the munchause syndrome, I just show the new pictures they released yesterday and today and they are smiling all the time. I checked previous ones and the same, it is just a strange way of posing with your dying baby. I am starting to get the weird feeling that they are enjoying the attention. I find it disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 08:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If Obama had made it, I would be criticizing him for interfering the same way I am criticizing 45.

The president is not, as many have asserted of other posters, a doctor.
He has no standing to over-ride the views of the medical experts already consulted.

It is grandstanding, plain and simple and it is beyond disgusting to give these parents false hope.
Absolutely correct. The parents were given some extra time to come to terms with the inevitable death of their child and now Trump has inserted himself into the situation without knowing one thing about his condition.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
How much do you think a 1.5M in donations will last in this case? Between the transfer, international highly specialized flight and the American costs for ICU and treatment, I give it less than 6 months. The baby won't probably die while he is hooked to the machines so there's a high possibility that once in US soil they will run out of money and the public will end up paying. So if it's ok in this case that's it's a matter of when, not if, the baby dies, why not give treatment to other kids which can come in regular commercial planes and which treatments are much cheaper?

The baby is not going to improve, he's brain dead, further treatment is against compassionate care. If he was an adult it would have been a non issue. I am starting to think the parents are suffering a type of the munchause syndrome, I just show the new pictures they released yesterday and today and they are smiling all the time. I checked previous ones and the same, it is just a strange way of posing with your dying baby. I am starting to get the weird feeling that they are enjoying the attention. I find it disturbing.
All this verbiage to make sure an English kid dies and Trump doesn't get his way.

Amusing!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post

The baby is not going to improve, he's brain dead, further treatment is against compassionate care. If he was an adult it would have been a non issue. I am starting to think the parents are suffering a type of the Munchhausen syndrome, I just show the new pictures they released yesterday and today and they are smiling all the time. I checked previous ones and the same, it is just a strange way of posing with your dying baby. I am starting to get the weird feeling that they are enjoying the attention. I find it disturbing.
Exactly, I couldn't have said it better.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 AM

275 posts, read 185,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
All this verbiage to make sure an English kid dies and Trump doesn't get his way.

Amusing!
I don't care a iota about Trump in this case, he is just a seeking attention fool. I was just explaining that we cannot help everyone as you said, and specially on cases where the resources will be wasted.

I care about a terminally ill baby who is suffering because the parents can let go and accept reality.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The left has to be silent on this. Because it highlights the death panel aspect of government managed care.
What?

And insurance companies in the U.S. don't routinely deny treatment every. single. day?

What is with the need some have to compel people to suffer needlessly hooked up to machines and tubes for an indeterminate amount of time?
The same people who whine about people buying a can of soda with SNAP have no issue with millions and millions of dollars being spent on end of life care.
Seriously?

Anyone who actually cares about the sanctity of life cannot possibly believe that prolonging "life" just because it is possible to do so is the right thing to do.

To keep someone breathing when there is no hope for recovery is not "help."
It's sadistic and selfish and shows absolutely no concern for quality of life.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:28 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A president that actually cares.
Please take notice ,not for Americans.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:29 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A president that actually cares.

President Trump offers to help terminally ill 10-month-old UK baby Charlie Gard

No offers of help from the "caring" left though. So much for the Clinton foundation.
Please, he's virtue-signaling. Where was he while the case raged in court?

Old 07-05-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Will Trump be personally paying for this boy's care?
This guy?

"In 2000, during a family dispute about the details of his father’s will, Trump, who was by then fabulously wealthy in his own right, cut off benefits from the family health plan that were paying for the medical care of his nephew’s seriously ill young son."

What Sort of Man Is Donald Trump? | The New Yorker

Sure he will.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Beautifully Spoken! I have to ask the posters here: What if that was your newborn baby? Would you want to make the decision for your baby or let someone else do it for you? Trump cares about this child and he is offering his support in whatever way that can be offered.
And what if it's a pre-born baby?
Should the parents have the same freedom to decide?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ealth-partners

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judysto.../#ce272265ad9d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies