Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 03:10 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times

Advertisements

Just when you thought this disastrous G20 input on behalf of the US would be the embarrassment of the week.

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign https://nyti.ms/2uWPOMw

Old 07-08-2017, 03:41 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Who cares. Anyone that is in elected office and some that are running for office meet with representatives from foreign countries.

Maybe they met with the Russian attorney over private business matters that were not tied to the Presidential run and once again who cares?
Maybe they were getting tips on how to beat Hillary? maybe it was this Russian guy that came up with the chant of "Lock her UP!" That could have been the reason she lost?

Old 07-08-2017, 03:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
That doesn't "embarrass" me in the least. In fact, I don't think anyone will be embarrassed.

I think there will be two categories:

- Trump supporters who will probably ignore the news, or if forced to it, will claim that it's a sensible thing to do.

- Trump haters (like me) who are thrilled to have that kind of thing come out, and hope that eventually Mueller will bring to light corruption beyond what any of us would have imagined possible in a president.

Nice post, though. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
more garbage from the liberals trying to force a change in presidents. at what point are you people going to realize that it wont happen, because there is NOTHING to this so called russian connection.

this meme is getting tired and long in the tooth.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:25 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Trump haters (like me) who are thrilled to have that kind of thing come out, and hope that eventually Mueller will bring to light corruption beyond what any of us would have imagined possible in a president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
more garbage from the liberals trying to force a change in presidents. at what point are you people going to realize that it wont happen, because there is NOTHING to this so called russian connection.

Yup, the Russian fairy tale is dead. But see above. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It just gives libs another excuse to bash Trump for 100 posts or so. They're beyond boring to read but libs find it thrilling.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:32 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Another desperate and ineffectual attempt to flog the notion that this is all partisan BS. After all it's a familiar Republican strategy.

Over a dozen high powered attorneys have stepped away from their careers to get to the bottom of this matter. I'm guessing they didn't do this over some partisan BS.

But I could be wrong. Could be that Mueller, and all are easily duped nitwits.

We'll see, eh?

P.S. You may not be aware of this, but merely capitalizing words does not make them true.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:34 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
I don't think this will reach 100 posts. Without any idea of purpose or result of meeting they might as well have met with Putin himself.

If on the other hand Mueller concludes the Trump team hatched a crime, each person at the meeting and the attorney himself may be asked what was discussed.

To which all predictable would say...I don't remember.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:51 PM

783 posts, read 576,905 times
Ok. I've been reluctant to believe all this Trump hearts Russia stuff, but...

Nope, this still isn't anything more than what the media normally publishes.

Quote:
"BREAKING! Trump staffer met with a Russian person!"

"So, did they talk about hacking the election?"

"We don't know, but this news is STAGGERING!"

"How can it be staggering if you don't know what the meeting was about?"

"Well, any campaign aide who meets with a Russian person MUST have been discussing hacking the election!"

"Hillary's aides met with the Russian Ambassador during the election, so..."

"That's...that's not the same."

"Of course it isn't."

Old 07-08-2017, 04:55 PM

252 posts, read 124,134 times
Trump supporters (I am one) just remember this is ALL the left has! They can't do anything about OUR candidate being President for the next 4 years so let the bash him and his supporters,whine,cry,throw hissy fits etc. Its all to our amusement.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:57 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Why were there so many meetings by associates of Donald Trump with the Russians? The amount of interactions seems very unusual for a campaign that was supposedly working hard to elect its candidate. Makes you wonder what was going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies