Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't think SO, 25 yrs of supps, 10some yrs of BP and thyroid meds. No Side Effects.

Every supplement has sites and I research them with any possible side effects. Glad you know so much about what I may end up with. Gee, just thinking since you know so much about what is or may happen, too bad you were not one of the MD's when I landed in the hospital, you would have ordered an MRI pronto, right???
first off i too research everything i take. second i dont know everything, i am not a doctor, i have no training as a doctor, i have no experience as a doctor. what i DO have is three doctors i can get a hold of and ask any questions i might have, and i have two nurses in the family both of which have 50 years of experience each that i can ask questions about anything i might have a question about.

just because you havent had any side effects, or drug interactions, doesnt mean there arent any. two people can take the same drug under the same set of circumstances, and have completely different results. for instance when i got out of the hospital in 2007, the doctor put me on actos, a good diabetes drug for most people. when i took it though i suffered from severe lower body edema. so severe in fact that the skin on my left leg split open and started draining water instead of blood. once off the actos, the edema pretty much went away.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:44 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
It's DONE Plenty, but no not the staph infection. I can honestly say I'm NOT a slave to so many drugs as so many are in the U.S. Thanks for the sarcasim. Plenty of that around here.

It wasn't the staph infection being referred to and you know it.
Funny you bash drugs as mostly unnecessary and even harmful but have no problem (being a slave?) to the the thyroid and blood pressure pills you take.
Why aren't you treating those conditions with supplements or your wonderful grape seed?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:14 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first off i too research everything i take. second i dont know everything, i am not a doctor, i have no training as a doctor, i have no experience as a doctor. what i DO have is three doctors i can get a hold of and ask any questions i might have, and i have two nurses in the family both of which have 50 years of experience each that i can ask questions about anything i might have a question about.

just because you havent had any side effects, or drug interactions, doesnt mean there arent any. two people can take the same drug under the same set of circumstances, and have completely different results. for instance when i got out of the hospital in 2007, the doctor put me on actos, a good diabetes drug for most people. when i took it though i suffered from severe lower body edema. so severe in fact that the skin on my left leg split open and started draining water instead of blood. once off the actos, the edema pretty much went away.
Did you ever look into Berberine instead of the toxic diabetic drugs. I have heard from enough who get good results with Berberine. I know a lady who was off and on so many diabetic drugs, she camped out at the doctor's office.

People talk about WHY my own doctor wasn't there for me when I fell at home and ended with 911 and had to be treated by hospital doctors.

What IF that was you falling and not able to get up, would you take time out to call your one of three or all doctors and ask them to meet you at the hospital for their assistance. Something tells me that or those doctors don't make house and hospital calls.

I've had side effects from pharma drugs but NONE from 25 yrs of supplements...I did have one yrs ago with St John's Wort that I was taking for depression and it raised BPressure...learned a lesson there. The depression was due to unsupported thyroid dsyfunction.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It wasn't the staph infection being referred to and you know it.
Funny you bash drugs as mostly unnecessary and even harmful but have no problem (being a slave?) to the the thyroid and blood pressure pills you take.
Why aren't you treating those conditions with supplements or your wonderful grape seed?

Millions die from drug interactions annually, look up the figures...they are out there.

No I have no problem with thyroid support, millions NEED IT and so many don't get proper support, instead slapped with anti depressants for depression and/or are deficient in Vit D3 which are millions too. And grape seed is a mini god but doesn't do everything.

And I worked for years to keep BP down, believe me. I dreaded a lifetime of BP meds, but I had to succumb..and no regrets. Thanks.

PS: Those who knock what I do are probably loaded with pharma drugs. More are added to counteract what one is doing to them, etc etc. For Edema from drugs most end up with other drugs from their docs to work on that issue. Grape Seed Ex gets rid of edema. I had it from one of the BP meds but got rid of it with grape seed.

Before I found grape seed ex I was a slave to sudafed, drixoral and an allergist, once grape seed ex came to ME, I have not used either of those drugs or seen in allergist since. Want more proof, I don't. Believe me or don't..I have no reason to lie.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Did you ever look into Berberine instead of the toxic diabetic drugs. I have heard from enough who get good results with Berberine. I know a lady who was off and on so many diabetic drugs, she camped out at the doctor's office.
berberine has its problems also, yes i did look into it. but berberine is also fairly recent to the world of supplements here in the US. it wasnt well known back in 2007 when i was on actos.

Quote:
People talk about WHY my own doctor wasn't there for me when I fell at home and ended with 911 and had to be treated by hospital doctors.

What IF that was you falling and not able to get up, would you take time out to call your one of three or all doctors and ask them to meet you at the hospital for their assistance. Something tells me that or those doctors don't make house and hospital calls.
i dont expect any of my doctors to make house calls, they are rare these days. if i fall at home and need assistance, you can bet that i am calling 911. as for my doctors being at the hospital, at least one of them would be at the hospital checking up on me, specifically my nephrologist. i doubt the other two have privileges at the hospital closest to me.

Quote:
I've had side effects from pharma drugs but NONE from 25 yrs of supplements...I did have one yrs ago with St John's Wort that I was taking for depression and it raised BPressure...learned a lesson there. The depression was due to unsupported thyroid dsyfunction.
none from supplements, but then you note that you had one while taking st johns wort? confused much?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
berberine has its problems also, yes i did look into it. but berberine is also fairly recent to the world of supplements here in the US. it wasnt well known back in 2007 when i was on actos.

i dont expect any of my doctors to make house calls, they are rare these days. if i fall at home and need assistance, you can bet that i am calling 911. as for my doctors being at the hospital, at least one of them would be at the hospital checking up on me, specifically my nephrologist. i doubt the other two have privileges at the hospital closest to me.

none from supplements, but then you note that you had one while taking st johns wort? confused much?
Not confused, I forgot about the St. John's Wort...sorry for my bad. Did you ever forget something?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-13-2017 at 03:18 PM..

Old 07-13-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Not confused, I forgot about the St. John's Wort...sorry for my bad. Did you ever forget something?
were we talking about something?

Old 07-13-2017, 04:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The attorney is right. Tort reform in many states has made suing doctors for anything short of killing you expensive and difficult. The reasons to file a lawsuit have no bearing on whether you will collect a judgment. In my state, for example, in order to even file the lawsuit you have to retain a certified expert (at a cost upwards of 2k/hr) to write an affidavit certifying that the lawsuit has merit. Once the suit is filed, the first thing the defense attorney will do is file a motion to dismiss based on some deficiency with the affidavit (which means your attorney has to get the expert to help him respond $$$). After that, defense counsel will retain its own expert who your attorney will need to depose, at your cost.

As you can see, just getting a lawsuit started will be time consuming and very expensive. Moreover, in my state, the most recent published opinion on a medical malpractice case affirmed a defense verdict despite defense counsel cheating in court and using undisclosed evidence to impeach a standard of care expert. The Court reasoned that it was a largely technical error. The defense attorney had been practicing for 30 years!

Long story short, you have an uphill battle.
^^^ This right here. Med mal isn't as lucrative as it used to be due to tort reform. Many attorneys won't take cases like this anymore because of the cost, because of the threshold, and because they are often hard to prove.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:27 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:

PS: Those who knock what I do are probably loaded with pharma drugs. More are added to counteract what one is doing to them, etc etc. .

I hate to disappoint you but, at 74, with 60 years of smoking, almost 60 years of consuming alcohol (sometimes immoderately) coffee very immoderately, I have no health issues (and good bones)and take no meds of any kind.
Perhaps, based on my anecdotal testimony and excellent health I should run all over City Data and encourage people to take up my lifestyle?

Old 07-14-2017, 06:37 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
...Perhaps, based on my anecdotal testimony and excellent health I should run all over City Data and encourage people to take up my lifestyle?

And, of course, you must tell them, repeatedly, that you've found a cure for cancer, for bad breath and for everything else in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies