Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is there anything else going on in the world beside Russia? Anything besides hating Trump? Tune in a month from now and nothing much will change. I've been tuning out and it's been good Others should try it.
I believe you have been tuning out, but when Obama was president petch751 was very active on CD posting one BS spin after another.

Why anyone would be surprised by massive criticism and mistrust of Donald Trump is beyond me. Most of us have never seen dishonesty and disrespect from anyone like this before in any field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Is there anything else going on in the world beside Russia? Anything besides hating Trump? Tune in a month from now and nothing much will change. I've been tuning out and it's been good Others should try it.
I'm sure Nixon's die-hard supporters said the same about Watergate. It's funny how this story keeps snowballing by the week with new revelations, which strangely appear to be coming from the White House itself.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:14 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times
Quote:
They don't actually hate Trump. They hate the fact that his election was a major loss and setback in their culture war. They thought their war was won since the resistance was mostly covert. Hence, the shock and meltdowns. Trump is just a target they've seized upon to try to polarize. They are following Alinsky's rules to the letter. Yes, it really is this simple. Trump understands how to use their own tactics against them. His supporters would do well to learn this too.

Alinsky’s 12 Rules:

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.“ Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.

2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.“ It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.

3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.“ Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.

4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.“ If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.“ There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.“ They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.

7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.“ Don’t become old news.

8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.“ Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.“ Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.

10. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.“ Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.

11. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.“ Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.

12. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.“ Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:16 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Notice the intersection of Washington and Hollywood, hosting a number of Washington and CA events to capitalize on their relevancy.
We have a Hollywood dude in the White House, last I checked. That whole anti-Hollywood narrative conservatives have been pushing collapsed when they elected the vagina-grabbing "star" as president.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:23 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
I agree, I feel so much better when I take a few days away from this liberal BS. It is good medicine not hearing all of their crying over everything.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:29 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
maybe you need to stop posting and start reading, the Russian collusion is no longer speculation. hardluck, you trusted TRumpy and it has turned out he was lying every step of the way.

HAhahahahaahahahahahahaaaaaa....Only in the leftist minds would you consider that collusion.....hahahahaaaaaaaa

Old 07-11-2017, 11:31 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
When you go to a place for political topics and commenting you should expect political topics and commenting.

Politocs will always be a polarizing topic

Old 07-11-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You need to get the popcorn out. This is way more exciting than Nixon. Nixon was way more intelligent than Trump.

But with Nixon, congress had him charged with impeachment and 2 other charges in about 4 months....

Old 07-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's only a matter of time for Trump

When you're president, it always a matter of time until your 4 or 8 years are up....

Old 07-11-2017, 11:46 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Posts on policy are completely ignored. Anything interesting is completely ignored by the conservative side. If you reply to a conservative post with a policy opinion... ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies