Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:00 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

Failure? I think he doing pretty damn good since the democratic won't even look at anything but just attack every minute, if they actual did their job something nice could come out for both sides

I just take my football and go home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 10:13 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Failure? I think he doing pretty damn good since the democratic won't even look at anything but just attack every minute, if they actual did their job something nice could come out for both sides

Obama faced the same thing from the GOP, but you must have been watching another channel back then. Totally weak argument as that seems to be a majority of Trump supporters angle at this time. Yet another positive Trump spin saying how great he's doing, yet not one concrete list of evidence of these so-called accomplishments.

How many times does a "Trump person" need to be asked. Show us how he is doing great instead of just saying it. And fighting the Dems is by far the weakest thing ever, as Trump can't even get his own to follow him.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:15 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Outside of Executive Orders, I'm curious as to what Trump has accomplished thus far. Any actual legislation that actually has a real impact on our country?

Well, he did spend who knows how many million$ worth of cruise missiles to close a Syrian runway for a few hours, we all know how much that did for 'America First'.

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Obama faced the same thing from the GOP .

It's like they all refuse to admit/acknowledge this LOL.

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post

What do you want the Democrats to do? They are in the minority in both Houses so what comes to the floor is not up to them. The GOP keeps bringing up crap legislation that even their own party cannot stand behind.

The Democrats have proposed fixes to the ACA, and they have offered to reach across the aisle and work together, but the Republicans will not even consider it.

So what else would you have the Democrats do?

Be specific.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What do you want the Democrats to do? They are in the minority in both Houses so what comes to the floor is not up to them. The GOP keeps bringing up crap legislation that even their own party cannot stand behind.

Fake news!

Trump not being able to pass his healthcare through a REPUBLICAN MAJORITY House & Senate is all the democrat's fault!

Old 07-18-2017, 10:18 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Legislation doesn't come from the President. It comes from Congress. It's the Republican Congress that you actually have issue with as do many others including myself.
But a good leader will work with the legislators to craft bills. Obama worked hard on the ACA. He didn't just sit back and expect Congress to do all the work. That's what a leader does--he leads.

Trump has proven that he absolutely is no leader.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Finally, a Poll Trump Will Like: Clinton Even More Unpopular

If Hillary Clinton was in the WH she would be even more unpopular than Trump. These are divisive times for the USA, but at least Republicans don't shoot Congressmen, riot, block traffic, block free speech, or burn down buildings when we lose elections. I am glad Trump is the unpopular candidate who won in the WH.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:24 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
You can't blame Trump. It's the Establishment Elites of BOTH parties who want to overthrow this President and don't want him to succeed. Why? He's crashed their private club and is exposing them for the lazy, incompetent boobs they are. People complaining about him are the same people who whined and wrung their hands over nothing getting done in D.C., calling all politicians crooks. Trump was one of those people which is why he ran for office. People who voted for him feel the same way. Lots of Dems and Indies voted for Trump and he won states and counties that Obama got previously.

Listen to Rush Limbaugh everyday and inform yourself. If you've never heard him you will find out why he is so popular among not just Republicans and Conservatives. He slams EVERYBODY who screws up. Has a good sense of humor, knows the players and their history, the history of America, too. Has a very long memory, unlike young pundits today who can't be bothered to google simple facts.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:25 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
I'm not even trying to bash Trump with this post. Why can't Trump supporters take of there leftie hating blinders and be objective for 5 minutes before putting back on those blinders.

Just see what others have posted. Facts as they see them. Trump has a GOP majority Washington to work with. Supporters continue to say how great he's doing and offer up nothing, and I mean nothing as to why you say this. In my OP, my definition of his core failure is his leadership as others have alluded to being his failure. People got what they wanted with change, a businessman running the country. A good business person gets his/her employees to work with and for them. Trump has not.

The hate is so blinding that the right can't even spend a minute being objective. The Democrats have as much to do with Trump's failures as the GOP did to Obama...yet Obama got real work done.

It is unbelievable how the right is speaking to this day. You can still support someone without kissing their feet. I support people in life yet don't agree with everything they do. Right now all Trump followers continue to say how great he is doing, and continue to offer up nothing to support that statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies