Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:29 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Another thread on this subject?

And it's 'perception'.
And it is referred to as a typo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 11:07 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Precisely. Trump is totally not in his normal calculus.

He doesn't pull the strings of Congress. Not with his approval rating. He's on his own. And he knows it. And he's floundering- as he should. An incompetent boob dependent on foreign $$ to survive. He's no business man.

He's a crook.
Remember when Nixon came on TV and said, "It's important for the American People to know that their president is not a crook. And I'm not a crook!". So I suggest that Trump address the people and assure them that he's not a crook, either. I wonder if that would make things turn out better than they did for Nixon? His zombie base would probably prostrate themselves and do hosannas to the TV and it would make great comedy for SNL.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Remember when Nixon came on TV and said, "It's important for the American People to know that their president is not a crook. And I'm not a crook!". So I suggest that Trump address the people and assure them that he's not a crook, either. I wonder if that would make things turn out better than they did for Nixon? His zombie base would probably prostrate themselves and do hosannas to the TV and it would make great comedy for SNL.
Maybe he could do it as a special edition of Celebrity Apprentice. GAry Bussey and Dennis Rodman could use the work.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 PM

19,787 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Quote:
Yes I do. I'm 50- and I remember that.

It would be good fodder for sure.

Morons.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Meh.
Session is just the most recent man to get the blame for Trump's own problems. Trump never owns them himself- someone else is always at fault, or guilty, but never him.

Trump is a child all dressed up in an old man's suit. Like any kid, he always points his finger at the kid standing next to him whenever he's caught in some transgression or other. It's been like this all his life.

I'm not saying Sessions is a saint- he's not, and he was a lousy choice for AG. A smarter President would never have chosen him.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:12 AM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Where is the special Council to go after Hillary? She broke so many laws taking money from foreign countries when she was Secretary of State . We all know this was pay-to-play. We all know it was a slush fund.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:26 AM

4 posts, read 5,058 times
Quote:
Oh, no way.

You see Trump was honest. There is no fooling - He should come out and say " I am now doing away with the Fed Gov and constitution. Please go home and await instructions of what hotel rooms you are assigned to clean".

EVERYONE knew who Trump was. Nixon was a good guy who made mistakes.

Trump is bad guy who said "I am not a good guy" and was elected.

All of us are getting what we deserve.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 AM

4 posts, read 5,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Maybe he could do it as a special edition of Celebrity Apprentice. GAry Bussey and Dennis Rodman could use the work.
Trump could be Putins apprentice.

In that game the contestants leave each week, but no one can seem to find them anywhere. Hey, you voted for this.. Even if you voted for Hillary, you voted for this system.

Funny, but true.. and then not so funny.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Isn't it refreshing to have a leader be so honest with the people and tell it like it is.
No sugarcoating, no skating around the subject.

IF he really was a leader, the majority Congress of his party wouldn't be floundering around not accomplishing a damn thing, would it?

Quote:
How honest can one be?
ACA immediately repealed replaced?

Mexico paying for the wall?

Apparently not very.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Isn't it refreshing to have a leader be so honest with the people and tell it like it is.
No sugarcoating, no skating around the subject.
"I would not have selected him for AG, if I had known he was going to recuse himself from Russia."
How honest can one be?
Did he hurt Jeff's feelings? No! Jeff has known how "The Donald" has felt about him freaking out and recusing himself too quickly. Other than that, he likes his choice.
The guy isn't too blunt. He isn't too straight forward. He isn't a politician, in your back pocket, either.
I'm liking the guy, more and more, if not just for the openness and brutal honesty.
It would be refreshing, if in fact we did have an honest leader. The one we have now lies approximately 75% of the time.

He is going to end up impeached, resigned before impeachment or in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies