Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:35 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Muller has a team full of democrat lawyers, who can blame him for not wanting them digging through his business records. Fight back
Yeah, keep making excuses for your criminal orange liege.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We're down to Ryan as president. He's waiting in the wings while the rest drag each other down.

I hope Ryan is involved in something illicit too or else we are in for more trouble. My confidence in our system of checks and balances is seriously being questioned.
Ryan took money from the Russians for his campaign. He's one of those likely being investigated.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Act one, Trump runs for POTUS Tittled: A New Hope

Act two Trump as POTUS the first term titled: The swamp bites back.

Act three Trump wins re-election and continues to make America great again titled: Return of The greatest country in the world
Sounds like soneone's wetdream that will never come true.....

Old 07-20-2017, 08:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We're down to Ryan as president. He's waiting in the wings while the rest drag each other down.

I hope Ryan is involved in something illicit too or else we are in for more trouble. My confidence in our system of checks and balances is seriously being questioned.
Ah, so you are only questioning it NOW....I would have thought you'd have done this when GW was appointed...

As far as I am concerned, that was the final nail in the coffin. Of course, we've had additional nails driven in by the holding up of Obama's SCOTUS pick and many other such situations.

In short - this entire administration is fraudulent. The "fair" thing to do would be to nullify the last election. Of course, the fair thing to do would be to un-gerrymander much of the country also.

I'm a bit flabbergasted that you think we have such a system...after what we have seen in our lifetimes. Without even thinking much....

JFK shot.
Vietnam started on false pretenses
Nixon/Kissinger making treasonous deals about his re-election (Vietnam).
Nixon Prolonged Vietnam War for Political Gain
Reagan and Iran-Contra, Right Wing Death Squads and much more (more of his admin indicted than any other in history - yet he is right wing hero?).
GOP spending decades (by now) full press on the Clintons - even when Bill was POTUS (investigations, etc.).
GW Bush Election - fixing the election in Florida (his brother) and the SCOTUS....

Lots more where that comes from....

NONE of this stuff was held back by checks and balances...now we have a election swung by Russians, Fake News and Comey (any of the three not existing would have meant Trump lost).....

And - no matter what happens - the GOP still gets to keep their ill gotten gains....such as the SCOTUS.

This is, of course, unfair. Crime pays - BIG TIME. What type of example are we setting for ourselves and the world?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:40 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Has he examined whether he can appoint a special president?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
let me guess from anonymous sources?
Fake news unless Trump says it himself?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Crime pays - BIG TIME. What type of example are we setting for ourselves and the world?
It's the American way.

When Swiss authorities apprehended Vesco for his involvement in IOS, the CIA sprung him from a Geneva prison. Vesco became an international fugitive and took refuge in Costa Rica in the early 1970’s where he found a business partner in President Don “Pepe” Figueres, whose son Marti succeeded him and continued dealing with Vesco. In 1974 Santos Trafficante moved to Costa Rica. When DEA undercover agent Frank Peroff fingered Vesco as ringleader of a massive heroin smuggling ring, he was fired and his life threatened. The Nixon White House squelched a Congressional investigation of Vesco. Dan Moldea claims in his book The Hoffa Wars that Nixon received kickbacks from Trafficante. [446]

https://hendersonlefthook.wordpress....oney-bad-acid/

Old 07-20-2017, 08:52 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Yes, and it was also reported in the Washington Post. Link
"Anonymous Sources" such as Deep Throat reported on by Woodward and Bernstein in the
Washington Post...are one of the things that helped bring down President Nixon during Watergate.
Bernstein has recently stated that what is going on right now is worse than Watergate.

James Clapper, the Former Director of National Intelligence agrees that the Russian Investigation is worse than
Watergate.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/arc...ergate/529467/

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Has he examined whether he can appoint a special president?
That would create a special precedent, wood nit?

He probably already promised it to Ivanka.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
It late breaking news on CNN and MSNBC at the bottom of the screens. Lawrence O' Donnell is talking about on his show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies