Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 10:38 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,048,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The guy did not father the child, he has DNA test to prove that. He does not owe the so called back child support.

Period.

Just because somebody know how the system works, doesn't mean the law is just and fair.

That is why people are discussing this case HOPING things will change for the better. If everybody has this "too bad, he screwed up." attitude, then nothing will change.

add: This message is not directed at you. The woman who said, "there was no way he wasn’t the father" stop making excuses for such women. Law should not protect stupidity either.
He does owe it because he did not dispute it many years ago. By paying the garnishment without complaint, he accepted responsibility.

And frankly I think he should pay it now, because he prevented her from going after the bio dad many years ago. He needs to accept that he failed looking out for himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 10:41 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
He does owe it because he did not dispute it many years ago. By paying the garnishment without complaint, he accepted responsibility.

And frankly I think he should pay it now, because he prevented her from going after the bio dad many years ago. He needs to accept that he failed looking out for himself.
I agree that he made a mistake; I will even admit he probably would lose the case.

I believe he is the victim of a deeply flawed system.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:45 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
LOL you amaze me. I simply replied to the other poster's post. That is all. Just because you know how the 'system' works, doesn't mean the system is perfect.
The thing is the system works differently between states even between counties not to mention a variety of other factors already mentioned. Therefore its probable that no two peoples experience of the system will be the same.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The thing is the system works differently between states even between counties not to mention a variety of other factors already mentioned. Therefore its probable that no two peoples experience of the system will be the same.
yep.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:51 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,952,492 times
Quote:
lol people amaze me. NO they do not get thrown in jail for missing one child support payment. Heck, they do not get thrown in for missing 3 years worth of payments...

I was working to attempt to get Immigration to deport my ex, when he finally paid his $28k in arrears. But he made the point to call and ask and was told that he was not at risk for not paying child support. And if they get locked up, they have to pay $500-$1000 and they are released. That is it. Then they are good until the next time they are picked up, they pay the $500-$1000 and rinse and repeat. The system needs a complete overhaul.

I have always said if they fix the child support system, the welfare system will mostly self correct.
At my local court, men get locked up all the time for being 3 weeks behind on child support.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I agree that he made a mistake; I will even admit he probably would lose the case.

I believe he is the victim of a deeply flawed system.
While I agree the system has flaws, had he stepped up and disputed it many years ago, the system would have worked. Paternity would have been established, the child support order would have been cancelled, the mother would then be able to pursue child support from the bio father. None of that happened.

Instead this guy did nothing and let the amount balloon. And now it is too late to go after the bio dad.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
At my local court, men get locked up all the time for being 3 weeks behind on child support.
Ya'll need to oust that judge. Is he an elected official?

Old 07-25-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
While I agree the system has flaws, had he stepped up and disputed it many years ago, the system would have worked. Paternity would have been established, the child support order would have been cancelled, the mother would then be able to pursue child support from the bio father. None of that happened.

Instead this guy did nothing and let the amount balloon. And now it is too late to go after the bio dad.
Why does the bio dad even need gone after.
This woman apparently has indiscriminate sex with multiple guys, gets pregnant, keeps the child, points the finger at one guy who she thinks has got to be the father then goes on to raise this child for many years without child support. Where is her responsibility in all of this.

If this had been me I would want to know for sure who the father of my baby was. And if he didnt want anything to do with the child I would make a decision to abort, adopt or raise the child on my own. On my own, not with child support or government assistance. The pregnancy was not the result of a marriage or relationship it was a brief sexual encounter.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:

uh huh

in addition to that, the woman who said "There is no way he wasn't the father" would be $65,000 richer.

Being a liar, oh wait, being stupid/naive paid off.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why does the bio dad even need gone after.
This woman apparently has indiscriminate sex with multiple guys, gets pregnant, keeps the child, points the finger at one guy who she thinks has got to be the father then goes on to raise this child for many years without child support. Where is her responsibility in all of this.

If this had been me I would want to know for sure who the father of my baby was. And if he didnt want anything to do with the child I would make a decision to abort, adopt or raise the child on my own. On my own, not with child support or government assistance. The pregnancy was not the result of a marriage or relationship it was a brief sexual encounter.
She thought she knew who the father was and he did not dispute it.

Women do not make the babies alone, they should not be raising/supporting them alone. We have moved past condemning women for pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies