Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 02:50 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,337,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
The amount of MGTOW bashing in this thread is amazing. As if, unless MGTOW as an 'organization' starts protesting and having sit-ins, they aren't helping the situation. One idiot said MGTOW should 'change laws'. Dude, WTF are you talking about? smdh

The point of MGTOW is to EDUCATE men about the way society works, especially with respect to things like what you see in this article. So that men can protect themselves from harpies like this woman. What people find objectionable about that, I'll never understand. They're not trying to change laws or society. That's why it's called Men Go Their OWN WAY. Removing themselves from situations like this that could wind up with them paying $65K in child support that that they shouldn't owe at all.

There are so many people making excuses for what the court allowed, and continues to allow, this woman to do. It's quite sad.
You're talking like the woman deliberately mislead someone.

We don't know if she did.

We also don't know if he realized he was being named the father. He may well have known exactly what was up and he may just be looking for an out, and feels he has one since he's apparently not this kid's bio dad.

I, personally, would not want a man who'd never helped raise my child and wasn't related to her by DNA to pay me a dime.

But, that's me and I'm not the laws of the state where this is happening.

MGTOW really should lobby for changes for stuff like this. That's how laws get changed. Not bitching and whining on the internet.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,291,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If he accepted them and agreed to pay, that's on him. I think of that sort of thing much like adoption.
Only if he was acting on valid information. That's the fundamental underpinning of fraud. If a person with intent to deceive to receive payment it's fraud. While you can argue but the person should have done their homework about the Nigerian Government Official, and the same about a non-genetic father patsied into paying CS because of course he could only be the father, what kind of woman does he think she is?

It doesn't make it less criminal, and, there should not be more liability for one than the other.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:18 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,124,508 times
Quote:
You're talking like the woman deliberately mislead someone.

We don't know if she did.

We also don't know if he realized he was being named the father. He may well have known exactly what was up and he may just be looking for an out, and feels he has one since he's apparently not this kid's bio dad.

I, personally, would not want a man who'd never helped raise my child and wasn't related to her by DNA to pay me a dime.

But, that's me and I'm not the laws of the state where this is happening.

MGTOW really should lobby for changes for stuff like this. That's how laws get changed. Not bitching and whining on the internet.
There are so many issues out there in life that people could/should/want change to happen that it's sometimes hard to make a specific one happen unless people start speaking up for a cause they believe in.

In this thread, people are agreeing in general that courts could stand review and adjustment. MGTOWs are ones affected a lot by these laws, so it would be a great thing for them to put effort towards change. Instead they seem to just wanna take their toys and go home (fine, but accept your choice and move on instead of sitting around online moaning) and try to drag along others by "educating" them on all of the woes they think exist instead of trying to fix the situation, thereby continuing the cycle.

Last edited by latimeria; 07-24-2017 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 03:26 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
The amount of MGTOW bashing in this thread is amazing. As if, unless MGTOW as an 'organization' starts protesting and having sit-ins, they aren't helping the situation. One idiot said MGTOW should 'change laws'. Dude, WTF are you talking about? smdh

The point of MGTOW is to EDUCATE men about the way society works, especially with respect to things like what you see in this article. So that men can protect themselves from harpies like this woman. What people find objectionable about that, I'll never understand. They're not trying to change laws or society. That's why it's called Men Go Their OWN WAY. Removing themselves from situations like this that could wind up with them paying $65K in child support that that they shouldn't owe at all.

There are so many people making excuses for what the court allowed, and continues to allow, this woman to do. It's quite sad.
I agree with the bold.

If the man did not create that child, he shouldn't have legal obligation to pay child support. If he is willing to, that is another story.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:28 PM

26,045 posts, read 22,245,465 times
The take-away here is either plan to pay the child support or get a DNA test to find out if you really need to as are the biological father of the child. The man brought this upon himself. Surely he realized that if he were ordered to pay child support and didn't, that it would some day bite him in the butt as I cannot imagine that he hasn't heard about that.

I am not sure what they could really do to "fix" the system. He had the opportunity to prove he wasn't the biological father, but didn't do it, he just didn't pay child support and now it has bite him in the butt. Had he proved that he wasn't the biological father, the biological father could have been pursued and required to pay child support. He got what he deserved.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:28 PM

19,754 posts, read 12,319,623 times
Quote:

So if some men are not educated and the laws are not changed to be just, then they are just out of luck. If the laws are changed, this is in favor of all men. Why not work for that instead of giving advice to for them stay away from women which generally will not work in the long term.

Men's rights groups have been trying to fight these crazy laws for years, but they still exist. At least they are trying. It may have more impact if women joined them, but the MRAs don't seem to want that. Most women would not defraud a man like this, and are opposed to laws which allow seizing someone's assets for no reason.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:29 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,722,689 times
well, nice guys finish last. Let's screw an honest man who did not question the woman's words. If he found out years later the baby was not his, too bad, suck it up, be a man!

As a woman, you'd better believe I won't be too happy raising a child who is forced on me. I would love to raise my Godson because I love him.

In my opinion, the man should be given an option. If he CHOSE to be in that child's life, financially and emotionally, great, if not, then he shouldn't be financially responsible for a child who is not biologically his.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,129 times
DNA testing should be required by law.
That said, saying the guy should automatically request a test? Maybe he had faith that the woman was telling the truth? Once it's determined not his child that should be the end of it. Go after the real father.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:35 PM

19,754 posts, read 12,319,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The take-away here is either plan to pay the child support or get a DNA test to find out if you really need to as are the biological father of the child. The man brought this upon himself. Surely he realized that if he were ordered to pay child support and didn't, that it would some day bite him in the butt as I cannot imagine that he hasn't heard about that.

I am not sure what they could really do to "fix" the system. He had the opportunity to prove he wasn't the biological father, but didn't do it, he just didn't pay child support and now it has bite him in the butt. Had he proved that he wasn't the biological father, the biological father could have been pursued and required to pay child support. He got what he deserved.
You are Blaming the Victim. The woman knew very well some other guy could be the father. And then she lied that this guy was the only possibility. Fraud.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:42 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,460,584 times
Quote:
It sounds like she thought she was.

How do you figure she's a fraud?
For as long as I can remember, the accepted norm was: "a woman knows who impregnated her." Is this false?

Last edited by SoloforLife; 07-24-2017 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: words added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies