Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 03:42 PM

218 posts, read 172,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, nice guys finish last. Let's screw an honest man who did not question the woman's words. If he found out years later the baby was not his, too bad, suck it up, be a man!

As a woman, you'd better believe I won't be too happy raising a child who is forced on me. I would love to raise my Godson because I love him.

In my opinion, the man should be given an option. If he CHOSE to be in that child's life, financially and emotionally, great, if not, then he shouldn't be financially responsible for a child who is not biologically his.
Good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzeakKC6fE

Also, people say that both are responsible and if a guy doesn't want to be stuck with paying for a child that isn't his he should just keep his pants on, yet why couldn't the same be said for women that have kids that are complaining about taking care of kids with little to no assistance? Seems it could be equally said they should have kept their legs closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 03:46 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,758,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, they were dating. She had a kid she thought was his. They started garnishing his wages years ago and he never questioned it.

He finally up and decided he wanted a paternity test and this test proved he's not the father.

Here's where he messed up... he didn't go right in immediately and ask for that test.

To the state, this demonstrated that he believed himself to be the father and that he was willing to pay child support.

It's his own fault for not getting this checked out right away. Nobody can say she was trying to pull a fast one, because she may well have believed he was the father.

And, ultimately, the child still needs care.

Men? If you are with a woman and you are not married to her, you need to get a DNA test if you don't want to pay child support. Period.
Exactly. That's the way the law works. He had a chance to contest paternity years ago and didn't. He had to have notice that they were garnishing his paychecks. He should have asked for a paternity test years ago.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,758,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
For the most part I agree, but once the DNA test confirms he isn't the dad, he should be let off the hook. He shouldn't be entitled to a refund of past payments. (Not implying he is trying to get a refund)
I agree with this too. Maybe the court will be able to reopen it and do some sort of retroactive order.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:49 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,737,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Good video:

Also, people say that both are responsible and if a guy doesn't want to be stuck with paying for a child that isn't his he should just keep his pants on, yet why couldn't the same be said for women that have kids that are complaining about taking care of kids with little to no assistance? Seems it could be equally said they should have kept their legs closed.
yep agreed.

Plus, some laws need updating.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,349,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Only if he was acting on valid information. That's the fundamental underpinning of fraud. If a person with intent to deceive to receive payment it's fraud. While you can argue but the person should have done their homework about the Nigerian Government Official, and the same about a non-genetic father patsied into paying CS because of course he could only be the father, what kind of woman does he think she is?

It doesn't make it less criminal, and, there should not be more liability for one than the other.
We’d have to assume she attempted to defraud him, though. We don’t know that, either.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,292,384 times
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old 07-24-2017, 03:53 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,349,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
For as long as I can remember, the accepted norm was: "a woman knows who impregnated her." Is this false?
Yes.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:54 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,954,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
How so? She thought it was his.

He had sex with her.

If he thought it might not be his, he should've investigated the matter. I would if someone wanted me to take responsibility for another human being and send them part of my income.
You have no idea whether she thought it was his or not. One thing we do know is that she fraudulently attempted to bilk hundreds of thousands of dollars out of an innocent man; not to mention the untold potential emotional damage she attempted to inflict on the innocent party AND her child. As far as I'm concerned she belongs in jail.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,292,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
You have no idea whether she thought it was his or not. One thing we do know is that she fraudulently attempted to bilk hundreds of thousands of dollars out of an innocent man; not to mention the untold potential emotional damage she attempted to inflict on the innocent party AND her child. As far as I'm concerned she belongs in jail.
And you have no idea whether she fraudulently tried to do anything - it's only fraud if she knew he wasn't the father. She may have made a mistake but that doesn't mean it was fraud.

And frankly, a lot of women aren't as well informed as they could be about conception and she could very well have thought that the timing only worked for this one particular man to be the father even if that was not the case.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:57 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,125,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Good video:

We are talking about the man's responsibility in this case. I agree that women should also be prepared for kids (or not) and act accordingly. You (general) can really only control your actions in the end so it's up to you (general), man or woman, to accept the consequences of getting busy.

In the end, though (general), there's an innocent kid that needs to be taken care of and whoever both parents are should step up equally since it takes two to tango. Specific situations can be complicated, like this one where he's not the father, though (so I do understand the problems here) but overall, step up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies