Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Personally, I'm disdainful of Sessions, so it's not as if I'm sticking up for him generally. But I'm sure he has some friends in the Senate, and I imagine they don't take kindly to the way Trump is treating him.

Trump really has a capacity to attack and alienate people that seems unmatched in the presidency - possibly in all of politics. Hm...maybe on a par with McCarthy?
The majority of senators and congressmen are vipers who would eat their own. It's rare when they maintain any loyalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 05:05 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Personally, I'm disdainful of Sessions, so it's not as if I'm sticking up for him generally. But I'm sure he has some friends in the Senate, and I imagine they don't take kindly to the way Trump is treating him.

Trump really has a capacity to attack and alienate people that seems unmatched in the presidency - possibly in all of politics. Hm...maybe on a par with McCarthy?
Let me preface my comment by saying I think Sessions is an honorable person, and even though I voted for Trump, I think he makes his fair share of mistakes.

That said, I think one of Trumps attributes is a willingness to go after his own party and his own administration. He calls it like he sees it, with PC and politics as usual be damned!

Granted, from a purely political standpoint it might not be the smartest thing to do. However, and I think I speak for a lot of people, we are sick of politicians only attacking the "other team" and giving their "own team" a pass on the same shortcomings.
Most people despise hypocrisy, and far too often presidents from both parties play totally partisan politics at the expense of their own integrity.
Trump meant what he said about draining the swamp, and that included entrenched denizens of the deep swamp, be it from either party.

As to this overall theme of throwing Sessions under the bus, if Trump dumps him now, it would be a colossal mistake in my view.
The (D's) will use it to try and further their false narrative comparisons to Watergate in relation to the Russia nonsense.
Furthermore, Trumps main complaint seems to be water under the bridge in that Sessions did recuse himself (mistake or not), so giving him the Ax now would make little sense.

It would also give the never Trump people in the (R) party the excuse they need to throw Trump and his legislative agenda under the bus.
Lets face it, right now if some so called RINO's tried to go after Trump, they would be in greater jeopardy than Trump himself with the voters.
However, if Trump just charges like a bull in a china shop and starts going after his most loyal people (like Sessions has proved himself to be), he will undermine himself in untold and foreseen ways.

Frankly, I am not sure why Trump is on an anti-Sessions tweet fest, but he'd be smart to try and ratchet back the public displays of vitriol toward his AG.

`

Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I find it disturbing that Sessions is the focus right now (of Trump's whining and complaining and bullying). Sessions recused himself how many months ago? What triggered Trump now?

That is really a very good question. If I had to venture a guess it is that he is angry because Sessions isn't doing anything to get rid of Mueller. Not that Sessions could, but Trump is extremely irrational and in over his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Pretty much this.

If Sessions goes, it's going to start a whole new level of s***tshow.
Absolutely. Trump is now messing with a former Senator. All the other Senators will see this as an attack on their own, and realize Trump will never have their back and would turn on them in a heartbeat.

This might be the final straw that pushes a lot of them to start realizing he needs to go. Personally, I hope he does fire Sessions, that will really anger a lot of his former fellow Senators and speed the process up.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Sessions offered to resign in May and Trump turned him down. Why would he do that if he wants him gone?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:20 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I find it disturbing that Sessions is the focus right now (of Trump's whining and complaining and bullying). Sessions recused himself how many months ago? What triggered Trump now?
Could it possibly be the fact that he is starting to actually realize that there may be things coming to light in the investigation that he doesn't want seen? Just spitballing on that.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:21 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,721,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Granted, from a purely political standpoint it might not be the smartest thing to do. However, and I think I speak for a lot of people, we are sick of politicians only attacking the "other team" and giving their "own team" a pass on the same shortcomings.
Most people despise hypocrisy, and far too often presidents from both parties play totally partisan politics at the expense of their own integrity.
Trump meant what he said about draining the swamp, and that included entrenched denizens of the deep swamp, be it from either party.
While I can appreciate the political outcomes you seek, do you really believe Trump is trying to drain the swamp as opposed to take advantage of it? Do you believe he is not a hypocrite?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:23 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think Sessions should have known he was dealing with a psycho.
Sessions isnt one?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I'm Team Trump on this one!

I hope he screws Beauregard Sessions by firing him...that way, he'll have no AG post AND no senate seat.

That would be wonderful. The people he tried to burn in the Marion 3 Case will finally have a good chance to ridicule that racist Alabama lowlife.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:30 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,113,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think Sessions should have known he was dealing with a psycho.
I am rooting for Trump to do what his idiotic head tells him to do...Fire Session and go after Mueller. There's nothing wrong with having the republicans shooting themselves in the foot. They are already terrible at running the country. With this move,, they will simply implode along with cheetos trump. Session and trump deserve each other.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:33 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,113,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Let me preface my comment by saying I think Sessions is an honorable person, and even though I voted for Trump, I think he makes his fair share of mistakes.

That said, I think one of Trumps attributes is a willingness to go after his own party and his own administration. He calls it like he sees it, with PC and politics as usual be damned!

As to this overall theme of throwing Sessions under the bus, if Trump dumps him now, it would be a colossal mistake in my view.
The (D's) will use it to try and further their false narrative comparisons to Watergate in relation to the Russia nonsense.
Furthermore, Trumps main complaint seems to be water under the bridge in that Sessions did recuse himself (mistake or not), so giving him the Ax now would make little sense.

It would also give the never Trump people in the (R) party the excuse they need to throw Trump and his legislative agenda under the bus.
Lets face it, right now if some so called RINO's tried to go after Trump, they would be in greater jeopardy than Trump himself with the voters.
However, if Trump just charges like a bull in a china shop and starts going after his most loyal people (like Sessions has proved himself to be), he will undermine himself in untold and foreseen ways.

Frankly, I am not sure why Trump is on an anti-Sessions tweet fest, but he'd be smart to try and ratchet back the public displays of vitriol toward his AG.

`
Go, Trump, you go. You're the MAN!!!! Go Trump, fire session and go after Mueller. You can do it!!!!! Go Go Go!!!!! Hurray big hand trump!!!! You'd the MAN!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies