Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 04:57 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,831,192 times

Advertisements

I know that Leviticus 18:22 says that homosexuality is an abomination to God. That's the excuse that they give. However, they fully support a President who has been married multiple times, demeans women, lies, and has stated he has never asked for forgiveness. He is so biblically iliterate that he said "Two Corinthians" when anybody who has spent any time in church knows its "Second Corinthians." Plus, he only "found God" when running for President, seeking the nomination of a political party in which religious piety is very important. I'm sorry, but I have serious doubts regarding the genuineness of Trump's faith.

Clearly, Trump is the king of sin. Conservatives turn a blind eye to all kinds of sin, yet homosexuality and transsexuality, for some reason, rubs them a certain way that enrages them. Just listen to the tone on their voice when they use anti-LGBT slurs like "tranny" or "f_ggot" or "freaks and perverts." You have Christians boycotting movie theaters over showing "Beauty and the Beast" when they had no problem with "50 Shades of Gray" a few weeks before. Evangelicals were conspicuously silent on the gay genocide in Chechnya. Whenever a Republican politician needs to rally support, especially in the Bible Belt, a sure bet is to start bashing the LGBT community and proclaiming what they are going to do to make life more difficult for them.

Clearly, there is something more to this issue than it simply being a sin that they don't approve of like say sex before marriage. What is it about the LGBT community that causes conservatives to react the way they do?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,785,338 times
I have no clue.

I mean that. They seem nuts to me. Why anyone would be so upset by the simple fact that not everyone is heterosexual is beyond me.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,366,879 times
Funny how it's not the conservatives who are always raising the topic, this thread being a good example.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:10 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,600,910 times
Gee, I'm a pretty conservative old white guy myself, Trump voter, etc, and I have absolutely no problem with the LGBT community. In fact, last summer I was the best man (okay, technically "best person") at a lesbian wedding. Unlike you, I don't judge. I also don't care who uses what bathroom. And I am not alone. I'd say most conservatives could care less about the LGBT community, who marries who, who uses what bathroom, etc. Yes they're a radical nut jobs on both sides of the political spectrum, but they are a small, small minority.

So, maybe the one with an issue is you.

ps. - Leviticus only talked about male homosexuals, so I guess the lesbians have a green light, biblical speaking....

Hoot the Deplorable

Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,831,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Funny how it's not the conservatives who are always raising the topic, this thread being a good example.
No, it's conservatives who are constantly trying to implement discriminatory policies against the LGBT community. It's also conservatives who throw a big tantrum every time any advance towards equality is made, whenever a business such as Target announces they support LGBT rights, or when a fictional character in one of their favorite TV shows or movie franchises comes out of the closet.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Don't give a frig about gay people. They can marry whoever they want

Transgender people are just mentally ill people that want tonfore everyone to change things to accommodate them

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,207,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Don't give a frig about gay people. They can marry whoever they want

Transgender people are just mentally ill people that want tonfore everyone to change things to accommodate them
I know. Change is so incredibly scary. I mean. Bathrooms. Wtf?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:20 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,207,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Gee, I'm a pretty conservative old white guy myself, Trump voter, etc, and I have absolutely no problem with the LGBT community. In fact, last summer I was the best man (okay, technically "best person") at a lesbian wedding. Unlike you, I don't judge. I also don't care who uses what bathroom. And I am not alone. I'd say most conservatives could care less about the LGBT community, who marries who, who uses what bathroom, etc. Yes they're a radical nut jobs on both sides of the political spectrum, but they are a small, small minority.

So, maybe the one with an issue is you.

ps. - Leviticus only talked about male homosexuals, so I guess the lesbians have a green light, biblical speaking....

Hoot the Deplorable
Annie, I think the thing is that the freaky minority on any "side" of an issue tends to be the most shrill and loud. I think I am agreeing with you on this. (If nothing else. ) Please realize I am joking.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:23 PM

18,511 posts, read 9,188,189 times
As someone born and raised in fundamentalist Christianity, I was taught that anything related to sex was inherently evil, shameful, and sinful. It's only redeeming quality was that it was necessary for procreation.

Fifty shades of gray would have been just as scandalous as anything related to LGBT, at least in my sect. But people into BSDM weren't demanding rights or anything, so BSDM didn't quite ruffle fundamentalist feathers like the LGBT issues.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,366,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
No, it's conservatives who are constantly trying to implement discriminatory policies against the LGBT community. It's also conservatives who throw a big tantrum every time any advance towards equality is made, whenever a business such as Target announces they support LGBT rights, or when a fictional character in one of their favorite TV shows or movie franchises comes out of the closet.
I only see you throwing a tantrum and blaming others LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies