Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 02:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,450,414 times

Advertisements

I like my leaders to only kill, steal, and cause general mayhem in the manner in which I approve of.

- Signed, OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 02:52 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,868,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So the libs have to again hope that conservatives "dying off" will allow them to win

How sad and pathetic. No wonder the Democratic Party is a collapsed and dying Party
I don't think it's about anyone dying off. Old people didn't vote him in. Supposedly it was rust belt people who wanted coal mining jobs to come back, as if coal mining is our future and COULD come back. As they die of Black Lung disease with no health insurance...

This administration is such a walking disaster that there will be a backlash across all segments of America. Practically any Democrat could win against them now. And if they take health insurance away, they're DOA.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:57 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,132,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't think it's about anyone dying off. Old people didn't vote him in. Supposedly it was rust belt people who wanted coal mining jobs to come back, as if coal mining is our future and COULD come back. As they die of Black Lung disease with no health insurance...

This administration is such a walking disaster that there will be a backlash across all segments of America. Practically any Democrat could win against them now. And if they take health insurance away, they're DOA.

Oh really? Ok put out a loon like Warren next time. Or Hillary 2.0 Kirsten Gillibrand, or Hillarybhereself. Or Obama wannabe Corey Booker

Old 07-27-2017, 03:00 PM

13,545 posts, read 17,098,877 times
Quote:
Oh really? Ok put out a loon like Warren next time. Or Hillary 2.0 Kirsten Gillibrand, or Hillarybhereself. Or Obama wannabe Corey Booker

How is Kirsten Gillibrand Hillary 2.0?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:01 PM

16,375 posts, read 10,545,166 times
Quote:
So the libs have to again hope that conservatives "dying off" will allow them to win

How sad and pathetic. No wonder the Democratic Party is a collapsed and dying Party

This is not what I said. I said once the supporters are no longer around to come to his defense his own words and actions will be what he is judged by. They may look great to you today but then again Joe McCarthy and George Wallace had rabid supporters at one time too.

Now this is just my opinion obviously and you certainly have a right to yours. But in my opinion in 50 years they will look at this man and think he was off his rocker based on what he said and tried to do.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:02 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,936,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
...I am comforted in one thing. Regardless of how this Russia investigation turns out history will not be kind to President Trump. In 10, 50, 100 years people will be looking at Trump as we view Joe McCarthy. A crazy man with temporary power who went overboard and acted like a fool. History students will look back at a President and hear him brag about assaulting women, learn how he tried to circumvent an impartial investigation by firing those who didn't try to turn it his way, read about his infamous Wall that was never built and they will simply laugh at us for putting such a man in the White House.

And just like the Paterno apologists all the Cult's cries and protests won't change anything, both of their legacies are set in stone. And that will never change.

You are absolutely correct on every point you made. We look back now on the McCarthy era and wonder how the Hell people accepted such a madman with such a slanted agenda. And yet, here we are, in 2017, with another crazy SOB in the WH, and history will not be kind to us for allowing this to happen.

You would think people would learn and that people have gotten smarter over the years, but some are just as dumb, and have the same hatred and bigotry, that they had back then.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I like my leaders to only kill, steal, and cause general mayhem in the manner in which I approve of.

- Signed, OP

Stay on topic please.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:05 PM

17,409 posts, read 12,030,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I feel like the Trump nightmare in the end could help unite us. Trump has brought out the craziest of conservatives.

As a democrat, I have become much more open-minded and willing to listen to more reasonable people, like John McCain, Lindsay Graham, etc. Republicans that I used to roll my eyes at I know actually don't mind.

For me, as a liberal, Trump has made me more open to working with "true" republicans, not crazy people like Trump and his supporters. I feel like Trump, because he is such a nasty and obnoxious person, has made me a better person...as I am now more open to listening and working with the decent people across the isle.
You truly are a democrat, if you think McCain and Graham are true republicans.

And calling Trump supporters crazy just shows me you still don't get it......

Old 07-27-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You would think people would learn and that people have gotten smarter over the years, but some are just as dumb, and have the same hatred and bigotry, that they had back then.

I once saw a really stupid movie with a clever premise. Instead of human evolving and getting smarter as expected what they found moving forward into the future was the brightest people chose not to have children. They would then show a college professor and a scientist being interviewed saying "we may have children some day but we want to focus on our career now". Next they showed trailer trash idiots with 9 screaming kids with Ricketts running around. And of course each of those 9 kids each had huge litters and the gene pool just got dumber and dumber.

This went on for generations and suddenly the world was full of stupid people,

Old 07-27-2017, 03:09 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,112,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You truly are a democrat, if you think McCain and Graham are true republicans.

And calling Trump supporters crazy just shows me you still don't get it......
Who defines a "true" Republican? You?

On who's authority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies