Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 06:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Your "test" is to see if Democrats can win an election in Alabama?

Way to stack the deck in your favor.
They are desperate to prove they are not failing nearly as much as it appears. Failing to repeal is a massive humiliation, not as humiliating as Trump has been for the GOP though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 06:49 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Dems thought Ga seat last month was winnable, but again and again after November, the GOP and America won. Sames will occur in Alabama.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Your "test" is to see if Democrats can win an election in Alabama?

Way to stack the deck in your favor.
So it only shows the "strength" of the left when they win in California or Washington? Way to show how the country is "turning liberal".

Old 07-28-2017, 07:04 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's the same message we hear all the time. We don't need them.
The dems say we don't need the people in flyover country.
We don't need the middleclass.
We tried to crush them before and we can try again if we can get them to sign on to "A Better Deal" against their interest.
Its not accurate that democrats ignore middle America. Until this last election we did well in states like Wisconsin and Iowa. I see 2016 as a fluke. I suppose time will tell.

We did very well in Colorado and New Mexico. We did well in Nevada. We are doing better in Virginia and have carried in about four of the last five presidential elections.

We don't do well in the deep South. The deep South is not progressive. We will probably take back Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan before we win a deep South state. Possibly, we will win in North Carolina though.

Ultimately Hillary won almost 3,000,000 more votes than Donald did. I am not here to debate the Electoral College. What I am here to do is to tell you the democrats are doing fine. The South is probably our most difficult region of the country though.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:10 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Hey, Dems here is the next chance to prove failing Trump support. Al. senate seat election can you win this one ?
Seven Democrats are competing in the primary on August 15.

Should be easy for Dems to win this election, especially with the President expressing displeasure with A.G. Sessions. It would prove the loud mouth bluster from Dems is more than flatulence from fools and put the nail in the coffin of Trump supporters. Can the dems pull a win out of the hat ?

Former Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange holds Sessions' vacant seat.

Alabama governor calls special election to replace Sessions in Senate - CNNPolitics.com

The senator said he would spend the time between now and the election working in Washington, "upholding Alabama values and working with President Donald Trump to drain the swamp and help make America great again."

https://ballotpedia.org/United_State..._Alabama,_2017
Alabama is a red state. No democrat can win. And that's really unfortunate on their part since obamacare is helping them.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its not accurate that democrats ignore middle America. Until this last election we did well in states like Wisconsin and Iowa. I see 2016 as a fluke. I suppose time will tell.

We did very well in Colorado and New Mexico. We did well in Nevada. We are doing better in Virginia and have carried in about four of the last five presidential elections.

We don't do well in the deep South. The deep South is not progressive. We will probably take back Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan before we win a deep South state. Possibly, we will win in North Carolina though.

Ultimately Hillary won almost 3,000,000 more votes than Donald did. I am not here to debate the Electoral College. What I am here to do is to tell you the democrats are doing fine. The South is probably our most difficult region of the country though.
I'm here to tell you, I want you to do as well as you did last election and I'm fine with it too.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:14 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Hey, Dems here is the next chance to prove failing Trump support. Al. senate seat election can you win this one ?

Should be easy for Dems to win this election, especially with the President expressing displeasure with A.G. Sessions. It would prove the loud mouth bluster from Dems is more than flatulence from fools and put the nail in the coffin of Trump supporters. Can the dems pull a win out of the hat ?

Alabama governor calls special election to replace Sessions in Senate - CNNPolitics.com

The senator said he would spend the time between now and the election working in Washington, "upholding Alabama values and working with President Donald Trump to drain the swamp and help make America great again."

For someone who just had Obamacare thrown back in his face I thought you might want to lay down and count to ten to release some anxiety and stress from losing.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

2014 House Map-Middle America a sea of red with a few blue specks

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...coast-version/

Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I'm here to tell you, I want you to do as well as you did last election and I'm fine with it too.

2017 Mets have done better than Dems in Middle America last 5 elections

Old 07-28-2017, 07:16 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:

No one is betting on flipping deep red seats.

I'll take the purple/light red seats... like Democrats did here:
Democrats flip 2 state legislature seats in Trump districts - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies