Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 10:12 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Go Efff yourself NFL owners, players, players' union, and entire league. They don't have a right to use the time I PAY FOR to relax to protest.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:13 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If the NFL is united across all the games in this reaction to what Trump said, they will be united as their ship begins sinking. Being united is not always the best answer. They aren't united with their fan base, like they think they are.

Fans won't be able to switch allegiances to another team, if the protests are united, but they can switch their allegiance to another sport or something other than sports. So what if you can't call them fans anymore!
The NFL teams are NOT "united" in this protest against Law Enforcement that began in 2016. I know of one team that hasn't done it, and won't do it (and it's driving the Sports press crazy ) .... there may be others.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:13 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Remember when they said "Kap kneeling ain't gonna change nothing"

Good times

Yeah, Kap is going to have much more impact and legacy with this than he ever would have as a simple player. And this will make it easier for a team to sign him as a decent backup , now that his stance is being legitimized across the league.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:14 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
You and Trump could not be more wrong, and this convoluted attempt to mix the issue of NFL's drop in ratings with Trump's rant is more proof how confused people can be about what is going on around them! Proof as well that Trump supporters can't see the wrong in what Trump is doing, even in this case, because they can't think in terms of other than all good or all bad, or how to admit wrong when appropriate!

Our POTUS is about as correct to go after dissenters the way he does as that other lunatic Kim Jong-il is in North Korea! This is a free country no matter what your politics, leanings or sensitivities! Trump is acting like a fascist, and anyone who doesn't see that is just blind to how these sorts of leaders do their thing, ultimately undermining the very principles of democracy!

I am surely counting on conservatives who know better to reject this crap from Trump too. Unfortunately, it seems too many who supported Trump just don't know their fascism from narcissism, now as we must contend with both like never before.

In any case, if declining ratings are what makes us right or wrong, Trump's were never that good, declining all the while and no doubt about to take another significant hit. Might that make all the rest of us right too? That Trump needs to be stopped ASAP?!? Needs to go!?!

Absolutely, no question whatsoever!

Old 09-24-2017, 10:14 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
President Donald J. Trump is 100% correct on this issue. I stopped watching Professional foolball years ago!
It is only another way of bringing evil into a persons home.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:15 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
This controversy just may be the best thing that's happened to pro football in awhile. People who don't typically watch may tune in just to see what all the fuss is about.
Maybe. That'll last a week or two if it happens. The negative effect for the league will be from long time fans who stop watching and buying tickets. That will have a more lasting effect.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:15 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Good. Maybe he shouldn't have opened his big fat mouth.

I would say "what did Trump think waa going to happen" if he spoke out against sports players, but we already know Trump doesn't think before he speaks LOL
If he would of spoke for the knee, they would of fought against that, it not what he said but whatever he says. They will be against it

Old 09-24-2017, 10:16 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Colin Kaepernick Criticized for Wearing Police Pig Socks | Time.com

Whoś taking care of security at the football games Kaepernick is playing while wearing socks depicting police as pigs on his feet?
Who do those wives call when they get a beat down by their athletic hubbyś? Ghost Busters?

While I agree they have the right to stand up and protest I don't think the game is the place to do it. Their fans are made up of military and police officers. This just makes the football leagues look like they hate cops and think they're all pigs.

Why not compromise and gather off the field and stand up against cop brutality? I agree it should be focused on, many people do, but I don't think wearing pig police socks at a game is a decent way to stand up for anything.

The little kids who do it might just have a few kids on their team whoś parent is a cop or military. Another platform would be better.

I think everyone agrees that the police can come up with better ways to limit police that get through who are prejudice, or criminals themselves.Out of a thousand cops, you are going to have a crappy one.

Out of a thousand employees at any job you'll get a bad apple. There is no way to stop it. So will these protests will just continue forever?

Donating some of their millions to help make police depts safer, and lower crime in neighborhoods with gangs would do so much more. Maybe they should put their money where their mouth is.

It's not surprising that Trump dislikes those who don't respect the national anthem. He's a big military fan. He's not the greatest speaker. lol But, why disrespect all cops and military just to get rid of the bad apples?

The ¨like¨ thinking all of us represent criminals of our kind is not accepted by anyone. You're black you kill each other. You're white, you use meth and are crazy. You're Mexican and crawled over the border. We wouldn't understand that so why would we understand all cops are pigs because some are bad?

Police risk their lives and get paid an embarrassing amount compared to those athletes.

Maybe if they got paid more we could keep more bad police out?

But, looking at those athletes that get paid thousands and thousands of dollars haven't seemed to keep out those bad apples that beat their wives or break the law in any other manner. So I guess we will always have some bad apples regardless of what we do.

Last edited by Tokinouta; 09-24-2017 at 11:26 AM..

Old 09-24-2017, 10:17 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Won’t change a damn thing. God bless America, but God bless their right to protest

Old 09-24-2017, 10:17 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The NFL teams are NOT "united" in this protest against Law Enforcement that began in 2016. I know of one team that hasn't done it, and won't do it (and it's driving the Sports press crazy ) .... there may be others.

I don't think any of the Cowboys have done it yet , because Jones has spoken out against it. But eventually some will as peer pressure grows from other teams, and Jones, the consummate businessman, will remain silent and let them have their way. He is more interested in winning a SB than politics, and his star QB is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies