Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 AM

45,472 posts, read 60,707,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I'm sure they offered the guy the choice to resign, keep a little dignity and benefits, or be fired. Of course he will choose to resign. So sure it's inaccurate to say he was fired, but let's not pretend he wasn't forced out. He'd be gone whether he wanted to stay or not.
Don't know much about volunteer fire companies?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:32 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,407,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Trump wasn't even the President when Kaepernick started kneeling. What are you talking about? It started well before Trump.
True, it was a only few players who were kneeling before Trump. Trump turned into a movement.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:32 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,035,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
of course you won't believe it.

it's not a secret. There's usually a white person present who is trusted and like minded when these discussions are going on.

You really think money cures all? Do you not remember the "ching chong" dig that got the chubby white woman in hot water? Asians deal with a lot of racism. Racism from all sides too. I saw an Asian go in on a friend of mine when he was called a *****. We had no idea it was a racial slur at the time but after he lobbed one back and explained why it was understood.

A lot of Asians will keep it to themselves because they don't like to draw attention but if you actually were friends with any of them and had real conversations and peeled back a few layers you will definitely find out how they feel about the racism in America.
Do you tell these Asians that their "distrust" of white people is exactly the same problem that is accused of white people concerning blacks... a lack of trust for an entire demographic? While allegedly secretly discussing racism with these various Asians, did you suggest that they are guilty of that same brand of racism that is blamed on whites? I'm curious.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,458,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
This is truly a country of idiots. Trump IS exactly what we deserve. No surprise Alabama would elect a law breaking, racist, and homophobe for senate. The NFL will do just fine without the support of these self righteous losers.
Yeah losing over half your fan base and many advertisers is great for business.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:33 AM

882 posts, read 689,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Maybe because in most of those cases the league did not sanction the behavior.
But I didn't ask about the league, I asked about your moral compass.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:34 AM

34,253 posts, read 18,620,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Bagging on the NFL is just virtue signaling for conservos, just like self hating white people for libs.
I can't speak for others, but for me it is just that I don't want the aggravation of being forced to think about politics during my relaxation, and entertainment time. I just don't want the heartburn. Also, I could go to games, or talk sports with someone that was opposite me politically, and we'd laugh, have a good time, and get along. Now, the politics are "in your face", and I just don't want to see it at that time.

4,067 posts, read 2,277,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Chicago officers face reprimand for taking a knee in Instagram post.

Chicago officers face reprimand for taking a knee in Instagram post - KGUN9.com

I wonder if he took the knee before or after Kaepernick wore those disgusting pig/cop socks?

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
nah.. the problem is other people want to tell players how to protest and that's not how it works.

If Kap protested before the anthem folks would STILL have an issue with it and want him to do something else.

He did it the right way. Protest are supposed to make you feel uncomfortable. They aren't supposed to make you feel good or feel nothing when you see it.

The spin on what this protest is about is crazy too. When Rosa parks protested she wasn't protesting public transportation. When they sat at the counters they weren't protesting sammiches. When they marched on Selma they weren't protesting bridges and roads.

This isn't about the flag or the anthem or the troops. It's about racial inequality. If folks chose to turn off the games over it that's fine too.
my biggest problem is with injecting politics into sports, that has been going on for too long now and it needs to stop. most people when they turn on a sports program dont want the players to bring their politics to the field.

it would be like you going to work and constantly spouting off your political views. do you think your coworkers and bosses would tolerate you doing that for very long?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If a slave was asked to stand and honor the flag, would it have been morally justified that he or she did not? Why or why not....and who gets to be the arbiter? The master?
It wouldn't matter. The slave would probably be killed. Slaves were not considered human and animals have no soul or the ability to be morally justified. Note: I find this thinking disgusting.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,407,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
TreeBeard, it started with the Big Lie of Ferguson and now jobless Kaepernick and of course Obama stirring the race pot as democrat politicians always do.... "Hands up, don't shoot"

The lie of Ferguson sparked the Democrats to riot in the streets and assassinate cops around the country. Blaming white people for black people dropping out of school, doing drugs, and turning to crime is the left’s MO.
Kaepernick was being ostracized. Trump has turned him into a movement leader for opposition to Trump. I don't know why that is so hard to see. It is the classic law of unintended consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies