Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 05:22 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,617,549 times

Advertisements

IN THE US.

If you dont work in certain areas for example the docks in NJ or certain industries AND you stay out of their stuff. If you visit NJ near NYC long enough, you will run into the occasional mobster and never have a clue who he is.

MS13... not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 05:24 AM

19 posts, read 11,616 times
Are you kidding me? Liberals!

Old 07-31-2017, 06:05 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,718,437 times
If we're talking about the Italian American mafia, they're still around, they'll never go away, but they are but a shadow of their former selves such as during the 50's-60's when they wielded a lot of power and influence in many cities and states across America.

MS-13 on the other hand, they've become a transnational organized crime group.

Their members make their neighborhoods and cities worse, unlike the Italian American mafia, with no respect for human life. However, it's not like MS-13 members start targeting random people to kill. They kill people that are affiliated with the gang and ran afoul of them, or rival gang members.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:10 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,110,611 times
Neither. The Clintons take the top spot.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:14 AM

10,247 posts, read 6,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
I grew up in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn when it was 90%+ Italian and one of the primary nerve centers of Cosa Nostra. Street crime, such as muggings, rapes, knockout game assaults against the elderly, open drug use/sales in front of schools, etc was virtually non-existent. In fact, any lowlife animals (especially certain types coming into Bensonhurst from outside the neighborhood) committing such crimes would very likely themselves end up the victim of some horrific act.

Contrast that with the Third-World, scum-filled toliets all MS-13 infested areas are. My grandmother could walk down any street in Bensonhurst at 3AM in 1980 and be completely safe. Do you think that's possible today in any MS-13 dominated pus-pocket?

Who is more dangerous? The question should be, which organization is manned by humans, and which one by lowlife, third world, tiny-brained hominids?
Very true. I lived alone back in the 60's in the West Village. A gang had infiltrated the area and were following and raping young women. Scared me coming home alone from work. There was an Italian Social Club down the street to my building. Fear them? Absolutely not. I would wave to them, say Buona Notte, and they would tip their hats to me. When my Mom visited me, she would always go over and talk to them. She spoke fluent Italian.

One day one of the men came up to me and said if I was ever in trouble to come to them for help. When I was being followed, I went straight to that club. They all got up, walked me to my building, and lined up in front of the building entrance. One man walked me upstairs to my apartment.

I have no idea what happened afterward, but I was never followed again. Also, never saw any of those gang members in the area. They must have left. Found out they were not wanted there?

As others have said Code of Honor. Omerta. Something like this is considered part of that Code of Honor.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:18 AM

31,948 posts, read 27,074,534 times
Within the Italian/Sicilian mafia the ones you really have to worry about are the Zips. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zips

Those are the hard a&& and hot heated young bloods that don't give a *#@*.

Furio Giunta was a Zip Tony Soprano saw in action (when he beat up that kid for setting off fireworks), and then gave the mother a few blows for interfering (coming to her son's rescue).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywnn0jNmDIw

Whenever there was a distasteful thing that had to be done, Italian/Sicilian mafia in USA brought over or otherwise used a Zip. That thing about women and children? Forget it, any and everyone is fair game. Carrying out a hit on someone who is days or hours away from dying anyway? Yep.

Historically Zips were brought over because they wouldn't have fingerprints in local or FBI database. The hit on Rusty Millio was carried out by imported Zips. However with today's electronic sharing of information between various government LE agencies it is likely best to find someone even in Italy who has never been arrested.

In fact now that one thinks about it since 9/11/01 it has become increasingly difficult for anyone to enter the USA if they have a criminal record, even from visa free countries.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:21 AM

31,948 posts, read 27,074,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Very true. I lived alone back in the 60's in the West Village. A gang had infiltrated the area and were following and raping young women. Scared me coming home alone from work. There was an Italian Social Club down the street to my building. Fear them? Absolutely not. I would wave to them, say Buona Notte, and they would tip their hats to me. When my Mom visited me, she would always go over and talk to them. She spoke fluent Italian.

One day one of the men came up to me and said if I was ever in trouble to come to them for help. When I was being followed, I went straight to that club. They all got up, walked me to my building, and lined up in front of the building entrance. One man walked me upstairs to my apartment.

I have no idea what happened afterward, but I was never followed again. Also, never saw any of those gang members in the area. They must have left. Found out they were not wanted there?

As others have said Code of Honor. Omerta. Something like this is considered part of that Code of Honor.
Really is a shame the Italians didn't "hold onto" West Village and Little Italy say the way Chinese have to Chinatown.

You still have some Italians down there, but everyone and everything is mostly all about money in Greenwich and West Village now. Especially since that High Line park was created. You knew things had really changed when Saint Vincent's closed and many local residents were thrilled.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:28 AM

8 posts, read 6,003 times
The only way to stop these Latin American gangs is to patrol the streets with the National Guard 24/7/365. Hope this makes sense. In any case I loathe these Latin Americans, whether they're in a gang or not 'cuz they don't pay for anything. They make life more expensive for everyone else by using free services. Like what Michael Weiner said, "A country without borders, is no country at all."

Old 07-31-2017, 07:50 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,508,034 times
Unlike Italians, MS-13 are very uneducated and more animal-like. They don't think. They just react.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,206,433 times
I'd much rather live in a neighborhood run by the Italian mafia than one with MS-13 thugs. For example, in the Providence area, Federal Hill was controlled by the mafia and the area was very clean, family oriented and crime free. Those in MS-13 are unprincipled and vicious, with many innocent (non-gang related) victims being assaulted and killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies