Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:21 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is nothing like sampling a bottle of wine while the kids play...... I guess that is a different class of people.
Wine, a joint and some cheese! Makes for a mellow mood after 11:00 PM Why not give it a try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 02:21 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Default 'Marijuana moms' say smoking pot makes them better parents

What else does one expect from pot smokers.
Dillusional and in denial.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:28 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I don't really expect anything from pot smokers. They aren't a single group that match a profile, other than a willingness to disregard a particular law.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:36 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
This is the same type of emotional drivel that conservatives constantly accuse liberals of doing with their arguments. Provide a valid argument or acknowledge your position is driven mostly by emotion and not facts and statistics. The facts support the notion that marijuana is pretty much harmless, if you keep some common sense rules in place like Colorado is doing such as limiting people to growing a certain number of plants. Gun ownership causes more net accidental deaths than marijuana, and I support keeping them both legal.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:37 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I don't really expect anything from pot smokers. They aren't a single group that match a profile, other than a willingness to disregard a particular law.
Yep, good point

Old 08-01-2017, 02:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
At least they are with their kids, not giving them $20 to go hang at the mall.

I personally don't care what they do to relax, as I imagine hanging around the yard with a bunch of kids is kind of boring.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:53 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC MCAT View Post
Marijuana is Great if you're White. If you're Black or Latino you're a "Thug" and it justify's killing you.
Quoted your post just because it's so hilariously cliche. Re: the pot smoking moms, the article reminds me of middle school. Everyone was part of a group, just so they could feel liked they belonged and that they were OK. They weren't alone. There were others just like them. The Jocks. The Cheerleaders. The Goths. The Geeks.

The Pot Smoking Moms.

The Gender Fluid.

Those Who #Shoutyourabortion.

And all the rest.

It's all so pitiful. They're all so desperate. So desperately in need of affirmation. Searching, always searching, for others just like them so they can BELONG!!! So they can feel OK about themselves.

I can smell the desperation in every stupid story and every stupid video, and every sorry, crying, whining, sniveling, desperate excuse for an individual who is so lacking in self-esteem and self-identity that they mindlessly roam through life feeling unloved, unwanted, and a perpetual victim of..........Tthe Hell That Is America.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC MCAT View Post
It's a DOJ fact that people of color get locked up more for Marijuana than Whites. FACT
Yes, that is a fact. It is just one of the many, many harms caused by prohibition.

I could tell everyone how I am a child of two chain-smoking alcoholics, with countless (literally countless) sleepless nights spent in my childhood listening to my drunk parents fight, but would anyone listen?

Then I could tell everyone how this rampant alcoholism goes back many generations in my family, and how most professionals will tell you that a child of two alcoholic parents has a 90% chance of becoming an alcoholic themselves. But what's the point?

I could even tell you how I have successfully overcome the alcohol demon in my family with cannabis, and then I can crown that achievement by telling you how my 38 year old daughter does not drink to this day. Breaking a generations old alcohol addiction in my family is something I personally consider to be an outstanding achievement, but it falls on deaf ears.

That's because people like Atalanta, for example, would rather I drink myself into oblivion right in front of my kids, just like my parents did, because it's perfectly legal and acceptable. But heaven forbid I use a natural plant, especially in front of my kids, to the point of supporting draconian punishment: My kids should turned into orphans by permanently removing them from the home, the house should be forfeited to the government, I should lose my job and be imprisoned, all for finding a way to use a plant to break my families long term alcohol addiction.

Prohibition maximizes the harm.

Everything I wrote above is absolutely true, it's not a story I have made up. I often visualize some alien race out there, in a galaxy far, far away, are looking down on us and thinking we must be the most illogical "intelligent" race they have ever come across.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
"I can smoke it and go clean my whole house and do all my laundry and just get everything done,'' Elizabeth Orduno told Shriver.
"I feel like I am actually more focused and attentive while I am medicated, it kind of gives me that spruce of energy that I don't have,'' another mom, Saydee Perkins, added.

Is she sure it isn't laced with meth?
Different strains provide different effects.

Sativas produce a more focused, energetic, heady buzz.

Indacas=Indacouch. Full body, mellow, low key. What most people think of with the "stoner" stereotype.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:26 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
I don't know why conservatives can't apply their "personal responsibility" mantra to things like marijuana. The plant has its uses and it can also be abused.

I consider conservatives to be the true nanny-statists. They think they know what is best for everyone and want to enforce it at gunpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies