Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 07:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'm sure most of these poor, mentally unstable opportunists joined not out of some love of country, but to get their hormones and genital mutilation surgeries paid for.
How would you or anyone know why 20,000 +/- enlisted or pursued civilian jobs?

Old 08-01-2017, 07:26 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
I'm not mentally ill, so it would be surprising to find a transgender person superior to me in most things.
You served? Nah, we both know the answer to that, don't we?

Coast Guard officers are respected for a reason. And nobody cares about the plumbing when that helicopter shows up.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
A simply stupid subject deserves stupid responses. He's a she's a he's a get real. Stop enabling this nonsense.
I am waiting for you to find a way to use "butthurt" in this conversation.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:47 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama, his DOJ, and the Democrats have created a environment of selective enforcement of laws based on their social engineering goals. It is a fact. Just one example of their willful non-enforcement of immigration law which is a backbone of our society, and our sovereignty as a nation. There is much worse you can do to a sovereign nation, and its citizens.
What does Obama, the DOJ or anyone else have to do with an Admiral responding to not an actual policy directive, but a tweet??

Old 08-01-2017, 08:02 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama, his DOJ, and the Democrats have created a environment of selective enforcement of laws based on their social engineering goals. It is a fact. Just one example of their willful non-enforcement of immigration law which is a backbone of our society, and our sovereignty as a nation. There is much worse you can do to a sovereign nation, and its citizens.
You attribute magical powers to the guy. You are paying him quite a compliment. But he is not the president, Trump owns this and he should do his job correctly.

Why don't you recognize that tweets are not how government policy is disseminated?

Pre$ident Bone Spur did not even release an executive order. Government policy can not change just because some guy with bad hemorrhoids sitting on the can fires off some tweets. He knows the proper procedures by now, perhaps he is deliberately not following them ....

Since the generals and admirals actually know about procedure, they know what they can and can not legally do.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:16 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
I'm betting most were not even aware until Trump brought this up. Rather strange that a president that avoided the draft criticizing people willing to serve.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,052 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow49044226
I'm sure most of these poor, mentally unstable opportunists joined not out of some love of country, but to get their hormones and genital mutilation surgeries paid for.
The fact that you are assuming to know the intentions of people you have never met does not indicate reasoned thinking.
Quote:
I'm not mentally ill, so it would be surprising to find a transgender person superior to me in most things. I suppose it's possible one might be better than me at interior decorating or knitting or something like that.
Since when does mental illness inhibit talent, integrity, ability to sacrifice, to give, or experience compassion? What you are attempting to assert is so off the mark. And you seem to think a bit too much of yourself. A person with mental illness could certainly outpace you in a host of arenas. Hemingway, francis ford coppola, john nash comes to mind. What the hell are you even talking about here?

And to be clear, I am not on board with the plethora of issues that are taking hold via TG, but Christ. You can't really claim the virtues of sane clarity with this kind of rhetoric. It's relaying the opposite message. Unless you are being sarcastic and I'm missing it.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:23 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I think the confidence in the business community would differ with your assesment
Deflection, deflection.
You start a thread on the military and then talk about business?
Make up your mind. The two have nothing to do with each other in the topic you created.

The facts are: The military is following the laws that are governing it. Until those laws change, the military will continue to obey them.

Trump got upset late at night and Tweeted. That tweet does not affect the law in any way. It's just a tweet.

Next week, when some trans becomes a hero in a military action, Trump will reverse himself and tweet that trans in the military are great, the greatest ever in history.

Over and over, Trump displays he is an immature child who doesn't know his own mind, and is not interested in learning anything that will grow him up to adulthood.

You voted for him out of anger and frustration, and now find you were chumped by a a kid with a good sales pitch. It's not your fault; this happens now and then, and no one is immune from falling for a con job.

But it should be obvious to you by now that what you see is all you're ever gonna get out of this guy. There will be no law that bans trans from military service. He doesn't know how to make that happen.

And since the military has to serve under the laws that pertain to it, they won't ever arbitrarily discharge the trans who continue to live up to their end of their bargain when they enlisted.

Get over it.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
I'm not mentally ill, so it would be surprising to find a transgender person superior to me in most things. I suppose it's possible one might be better than me at interior decorating or knitting or something like that.
I'm sure the Republican Trump Supporter Jennings is/was better than 99.999% of the world in her chosen Olympic sport(s).

And the TG Navy Seal is probably better than 99.999% of us in a lot of things.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:28 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Just a bit of random cruelty. What do we owe those who joined up and invested their lives to serve? If you're a Trump voter, it seems the answer is: Nothing.
Most Trump voters never served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies