Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:57 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Washington Times, and Lifezette say it's a conspiracy, come on. Mueller is a republican, served under republican and democratic presidents and was appointed by Trump's own Justice Department so please spare me with the box score. There are now 30 lawyers by the way, I am sure some have donated to democrats, who cares.

This investigation is very complicated, much more than Watergate because of all the people involved and all the LLC Corporations. I can just imagine what is turning up.
It is so complicated that it will only take 10 years to conclude.

So what was the IRS doing all this time with Trump's tax returns. 30 lawyers vs the IRS over decades looking at Trump's returns. The weaponized IRS under obama couldn't find a tid bit of info to use against trump and 30 lawyers over how much time will find what? Certainly nothing Russia related unless they include the clintons in the investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 08:59 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
All star lineup.

Lawyers Robert Mueller hired for the Trump-Russia investigation - Business Insider

Quote:
Mueller has so far hired 16 people and intends to bring on more, his spokesman Peter Carr told The New York Times.

Only a handful have been named publicly so far, but legal experts and fellow lawyers who have spoken to media in recent days lauded the new hires as a powerhouse team of experienced professionals with sterling credentials who rank among the best in their field.
Trump is scared, believe me.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:05 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How could so many lawyers possibly be needed? Especially high powered ones. Whether Trump is guilty of something or not there is a lot of money being wasted in my opinion.
No, Benghazi was wasted money, because there was nothing there and even Gowdy admitted that the whole affair was just to harass Hillary to the tune of seven million dollars worth of lost time and effort.

This is a different situation, entirely.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Exclusive: Former Justice Department official joins Mueller team | Reuters

Did I hear that the Russia investigation is dead?
Ridiculous! It ought to be ended immediately. How many months, and at what cost, and there is still no evidence. Further, all Muellers lawyers are Democrats and Comey and Mueller are close friends. Conflict of interest? Fire his ass and end this so-called "investigation." Then prosecute him (and Comey too) for their violations of the law.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:24 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

So what was the IRS doing all this time with Trump's tax returns. 30 lawyers vs the IRS over decades looking at Trump's returns. The weaponized IRS under obama couldn't find a tid bit of info to use against trump and 30 lawyers over how much time will find what? Certainly nothing Russia related unless they include the clintons in the investigation.
The IRS was just looking at reporting of taxes, no law against Russian banks loaning money if it's for legitimate reasons. They are not looking at kickbacks or collusion but I'm sure Trump had some very good reasons for not making his returns public, would have been very damaging. I was mistaken, there are only 16 lawyers by the way.

Watergate took over a year to investigate but I don't think they had this many lawyers. Trump and his staffs holding are tremendously complicated if you saw his disclosure, around 100 LLC's and a staff full of millionaires including his son in-law. This will likely go into next year.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:05 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

How would you know if the IRS found anything?

Old 08-02-2017, 11:37 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Washington Times, and Lifezette say it's a conspiracy, come on. Mueller is a republican, served under republican and democratic presidents and was appointed by Trump's own Justice Department so please spare me with the box score. There are now 30 lawyers by the way, I am sure some have donated to democrats, who cares.

This investigation is very complicated, much more than Watergate because of all the people involved and all the LLC Corporations. I can just imagine what is turning up.

I think this is why we see so many deflection posts here on this forum. They too can see how it is all blowing up in trump's face. Trump never expected to win, he expected to be TV attacking Hillary day and night. instead Trump is in the WH, and his dirty dealings are now under the microscope.

It also seems clear that the GOP sees 2018 looming and Trump failing, thus they appear to wish to distance themselves from Trump before he burns the party to the ground.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:52 AM

404 posts, read 193,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
A temporary investigation is a club? He's getting some pretty high profile talent to pause their professional lives to sign up for this.
It is all about prestige now and bragging rights among this fraternity of deep state lawyers and outside help. They will no doubt conjure up something extraordinary in their investigation. The coming months will be intriguing as possibly two investigations will run concurrently, each competing with the other for partisan gains. It could be no other way as the concept of neutrality in our govt. is a relic of the past. Still, the Russia investigation is a chance for some old friends to get together and show exactly who wields the most power in govt.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:18 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I think this is why we see so many deflection posts here on this forum. They too can see how it is all blowing up in trump's face. Trump never expected to win, he expected to be TV attacking Hillary day and night. instead Trump is in the WH, and his dirty dealings are now under the microscope.

It also seems clear that the GOP sees 2018 looming and Trump failing, thus they appear to wish to distance themselves from Trump before he burns the party to the ground.
Are the GOP trying to distance themselves? How? Where?

Last I read Nuñes was still trying to run interference and 49 Republican Senators voted for that gawdawful health care bill Trump was pushing.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:35 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
I suspect that Mueller is very smart and making sure the noose is tight before the hanging.

I've been wrong about people before, but I'm trusting my gut on this one. It's Russian money laundering through the Trump organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies