Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:00 PM

30,215 posts, read 11,879,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Has it been proven or disproven that this really was or was not Seymour Hirsch speaking?

I did not listen to the recording, and would not recognize Hirsch's voice if I did. But...the one thing which immediately stood out to me in the transcript was the use of the word "anyways" by the speaker.

That's not something anyone of Hirsch's generation would be likely to do. "Anyways", in place of the correct "anyway", is typical of a much younger generation, and has not been generally adopted by older people. It seems highly unlikely that Hirsch, a journalist, would use "anyways" rather than "anyway".

Also, is Hirsch noted for being foul-mouthed? Again, use of profanity in common conversation in which no strong emotion exists is far more typical of younger people than those of Hirsch's age, who continue to use such terms much more selectively and not just for emphasis.

(As one of that older generation - Baby Boomer - I must add that it continues to grate upon my ears to hear "anyways". The word is "anyway"!).
Here is a video of Hersh speaking in January. It does appear to sound like him.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/25/...hacking-story/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 12:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,932,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If Hersch is telling the truth, and he very likely is, it DOES prove that the Russians were not the source of the emails given to Wikileaks.

You can dodge and duck all you want but the truth is going to come out on this and it's going to be a disaster for Democrats.
NO it doesn't.

If Hersh is telling the truth, all he said is that he had a source in the FBI that said there was a contact between Wiki and Rich. First, his source could have been lying, and even if he wasn't, a contact does not prove that Rich was the source of the leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies