Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:35 AM

29,619 posts, read 16,607,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
India has a population of 1.3 BILLION people. If your 12 percent is correct, that means 120 million people in India speak English. That's more than 1/3 the entire population of the United States. That's about double the population of Canada and Australia combined. Only 12 percent? BTW, China alone has about 150 million people that speak English.
The lefty narrative that this immigration proposal is racist is a huge fail. Try again.
My post isnt about the policy, it is the lie that everyone in India speaks English as a first Language.

Arguing that there are a lot of people in India doesnt make that lie any less true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 10:43 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,723,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope...

He asked a simple question.

Not surprising at all that Trumplings would struggle with grasping that.

He attempted to deliver a speech by asking a question.

What a typical passive aggressive white liberal.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My post isnt about the policy, it is the lie that everyone in India speaks English as a first Language.

Arguing that there are a lot of people in India doesnt make that lie any less true.
I didn't go back to your previous posts.

But you are absolutely right. Most Indians don't speak English very well. That's why they need to pass the English test for immigration purpose in Australia and Canada.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:48 AM

487 posts, read 546,420 times
Yes.......he tried twisting it so that it would seem the policy is partial to select groups and that is not the case at all. He used this time to draw attention to his political forum.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes. I'm a moderator. But, not of P&OC. I'm a poster here and well within my rights to discuss this topic and not be obliged to offer you any sort of assurances of being fair and balanced.

That said, English isn't the national language in the US and no paper signed from the dummy in office can make it the national language.
English isn't the official language in the US, but most immigrants need to speak passable English to succeed.

More importantly, there are billions of people in the third world countries that are willing to move the U.S. To be realistic, you can't let everybody come in, the spots are limited, only the best applicants should be accepted. The process should be as selective as college admission to Stanford University.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
A simple question? He was giving a 10 minute far left bleeding heart liberal speech which he failed to say anything factual at all. It was as if Soros sent him there himself. What a joke CNN is.
Acosta interrupted before Miller finished answering the question.

Why did Acosta ask when he didn't want to listen is totally beyond me!

Old 08-03-2017, 01:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,596,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
He attempted to deliver a speech by asking a question.

What a typical passive aggressive white liberal.
You're angry.

Do you understand why?

Old 08-03-2017, 03:05 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,649,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Watch: He assumes English speakers are limited to England/Australia. Doesn't know that India is the #2 English speaking nation.
https://youtu.be/H-J4FvxtD9I

Just goes to show how uninformed CNN is.
silly dog, dont you know only 10% of Indians speak english, thus 90% of the nations pop would be excluded.. Maybe instead of rushing to be the first to post you should try to think things through.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:14 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,649,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Most of the world? what world? the liberal world?

Acosta is seen as a petulant child by most of the common sense world.

the world refers to the planet you live on, surely you understand that dont ya?

if you disagree with my statement that "MOST OF THE WORLD" only requires an official language for citizenship go ahead and disprove my statement. Otherwise i am right and you wrong wrong wrong .

see how it works. I stated something that is widely known, even provided a few examples to help you and others see how it works.... and if disagree you show the world how i am wrong. go ahead and provide proof that i am wrong. it is not hard just use your machine and look it the up. ( my guess is you will run away or talk rubbish)

so i state again, most of the world does not require people speak one of their official languages unless they are applying for citizenship. Prove me wrong "goodhombre"

Old 08-03-2017, 03:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,898,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
They don't need to try very hard the administration and many of the vocal conservatives are on this topic are doing a good job at appearing racist on their own merit.
What's racist is advocating for overpopulating and demographically changing any nation. Just as it would be racist to demographically change Israel or Japan or Somalia etc.

There's no good justification for the mass movement of non-westerners into America. People who advocate for it either have a non-Western ethnic motive, a sociopolitical motive that is anti-American and anti-white, or a money motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies