Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 05:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I expected Obama to get us out.
I did, too.

Disappointing that he didn't.

But, as history has shown us time and again, it's easier to get into a war than it is to get out. tRump faces the same dilemma Obama did; 1) stay with a small force to keep terrorist activity disrupted 2) send more troops to shore up a weak puppet government that's at least somewhat cooperative but ineffective 3) pull out and allow it to be taken over once again by terrorist groups.

If there's a good option out there, no one yet has hit upon it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 05:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I did, too.

But, as history has shown us time and again, it's easier to get into a war than it is to get out. tRump faces the same dilemma Obama did; 1) stay with a small force to keep terrorist activity disrupted 2) send more troops to shore up a weak puppet government that's at least somewhat cooperative but ineffective 3) pull out and allow it to be taken over once again by terrorist groups.

Obama did hit on it, he just didn't follow through. There were elections to fund.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:18 PM

30,481 posts, read 21,349,715 times
Quote:
I did, too.

He sure lied like a rug when he was running for Pres saying he would pull the men out...

Last edited by LKJ1988; 08-03-2017 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama did hit on it, he just didn't follow through. There were elections to fund.
Not only did he not get us out, he got us into more conflicts.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:38 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,380,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
He does have the right. The question is - if in the absence of cause, in context, and in the presence of such startling remarks - are we skirting 25th amendment?
There's no precedent.
LOLl Skirting 25th Amendment? It's becoming clearer by the day PROOF to envoke the 25th Amendment!! Trump has not even bothered to give direction much less an agenda to his military leaders and because he doesn't like the results of oversight by his appointed EXPERIENCED Military.. somehow he want's to FIRE those who couldn't validate his whatever beliefs he had!!

Trump is so far out of his league and all of his condemnation of previous leaders and claiming HE KNEW MORE than ALL Generals .. HE would FIX everything.. IF ANYONE believed this BLOWHARD.. Needs to step back because Trump in FACT has ZERO CLUE!!!

His comparison to renovating a Club rather explains how his mind works.. It's in NO MAN's LAND!! I'm betting Bannon is feeding Trump pumped up support to BLOW up everything mindset.. BUT meanwhile.. Ally's defect.. Congress of his own party are defecting.. bullying doesn't work in Government.. guess Trump's sole Proprietorship didn't prepare him for Government (governing) since HE CANNOT govern by EDICT like he did in Trump Corporation!!

Trump has become a LAME DUCK & worse.. He's become a Mockery to sensibilities of any Free Thinking people> at least those who are allowed "FREE THINKING"
His "BOTS" will continue to claim all sorts of Cr@p and post FAKE links that have already been debunked.. BUT once addicted to that Koolaide + income from funders.. It's impossible to step away!!

Jim Jone's history tells the tale.. Kool Aide drinking leads to demise!!! Sure tastes good.. but don't lay down. Cult behaviour always has similar patterns as does their leaders!!!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:16 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,939,255 times
Quote:
I did, too.

'There's no profit in peace' ~ not yet anyway.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:30 PM

10,510 posts, read 4,072,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This war has gone on for what, something like seventeen years? Someone needs to get fired! As far as I know Afghanistan has no strategic value and has cost a fortune of our money and American lives. The only reason it's ongoing is to fund the CIA through the opium trafficking.
We need to bring all of our troops home and let the UN deal with it.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just pull the guys out of that dirthole. Been there for 15 years and done nothing but kill our peeps and spend trillions.
And this is why we are there. Ever since FDR used war to get the American people out of the Great Depression, business men noticed the monetary gain that they can achieve with war, and it seems to me we haven't had a moments peace.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"There's no precedent."

How many generals and admirals did Obama get rid of, either outright firing them of forcing them to retire.

If you WERE a general or admiral under Obama and you did NOT follow what Obama wanted, he ignored their advice, you wre gone.

It seems post after post by dems show just the pathetic hypocrites they are.

Trump did this, etc, etc, etc. and Obama, Hillary and the dem congress did just about the EXACT same thing and nary a word of ridicule or complaint abut what they said or did.

NOW, because we have a repub in charge they whine, insult and complain!
Sadly, both sides are liars. When Obama was campaigning back in 08 against Hillary in the primaries, he brought up the obvious biggest failure to the American people, and that was Nafta. I don't recall if Obama was going to do anything about it, but I'm sure people were hoping he would do something to overturn the horrible trade deal. Then he would challenge the republicans about the wars, and about looking into 9/11 (many people believe the Bush administration was behind it to get the oil in the Middle East) But, Obama did nothing about Nafta, getting us out of the Middle East wars, and had no interest in looking into the 9/11. But he sure did manage to cause a huge division of the American people, either be it blacks against whites, or blacks against cops, and the insurance companies played Obama for a damn fool with the Obamacare act. I voted for Obama back in 08, but he hasn't or wasn't able to do a single thing I was hoping he would do.

And, it looks like Trump is doing the same thing. Not getting us out of the wars, doing nothing about Nafta, and is looking to now cause problems with the gay communities, military and christian communities.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I am irked by the point that the first American soldier who got in a firefight over there with a Taliban, if that soldier and Taliban had a son, now their sons are in a firefight with each other. 2 generations at war there so far.

I use to support A-stan , to eliminate the Taliban to the point they are no longer a viable threat but now I believe the motives for continuing the war is more about financial gain then security . Both political parties are ****
Or there is another possibility. One that has been on my mind. Perhaps those in power of the United States, are not really for the USA, but maybe they want to see her crumble and burn. What better way than to deflate a country's purse, and kill thousands of war ready men and women, in a frivolous war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies