Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 06:19 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times

Advertisements

I'm a liberal, but I think WSJ, The Economist, The Hill and The Nation are credible news sources. FOXNews is basically the propaganda arm for the GOP, but they tend not run complete fabrications, and they issue appropriate retractions. When someone posts a fox news article, I'll read it and try to find the truth through the slant, whereas I won't even click a link for Breitbart, Infowars or Zero hedge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 06:24 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
CNN, MSNBC, The Huffington Post, Daily KOS, forget it. Maybe NPR. They have a significant bias and really slant to the left, but they do appear to refrain from the obvious fake news agenda of the rest.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I'm a liberal, but I think WSJ, The Economist, The Hill and The Nation are credible news sources. FOXNews is basically the propaganda arm for the GOP, but they tend not run complete fabrications, and they issue appropriate retractions. When someone posts a fox news article, I'll read it and try to find the truth through the slant, whereas I won't even click a link for Breitbart, Infowars or Zero hedge.
Possibly National Review, in addition to those you have listed. It's far to the right, but not conspiracy theory garbage. I will only watch a couple of the news shows on FOX, and once the prime time folks come on, I'll shut the TV off before I will listen.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:51 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Spectrum News 14 today is reporting that being illegally in this country is not criminal. To me that makes them sound stupid and uninformed. They said that some undocumented people who have not committed a criminal offense are being arrested by ICE along with those who have committed a second criminal offense. That is false news. Spectrum, what part of illegal do you not understand? Really, you should know that being here illegally is a crime. That makes all illegals criminals.

A person in this country that is here illegally should feel uncomfortable as any criminal should. There is a solution. They can go back to their country of origin. Don't blame ICE for the situation with your family you caused yourself.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=illega...=1501764882121

And thank you Wells Fargo for being on the right side of the law.

Last edited by NCN; 08-03-2017 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-03-2017, 06:52 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Spectrum News 14 today is reporting that being illegally in this country is not criminal. To me that makes them sound stupid and uninformed. They said that some undocumented people who have not committed a criminal offense are being arrested by ICE along with those who have committed a second criminal offense. That is false news. Spectrum, what part of illegal do you not understand.

And thank you Wells Fargo for being on the right side of the law.
Um...huh?

You may want to re-read the question?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
I read WSJ which seems conservative. I will watch Chris Wallace on Fox - but that's it. I also read The Hill.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
being in the US without documentation is a civil offense

Old 08-03-2017, 06:59 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Right now InfoWars, Zero Hedge, and WND are flogging a recording they claim is Seymour Hersh talking about how the Russia investigation is a CIA plot and Seth Rich hacked the DNC.

The recording doesn't even sound like Seymour Hersh.

Plus, it is unlikely this Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist who earns his living by publishing would be putting out an audio tape rather than publishing an article. I'm sure there are plenty of places that would pay well for that piece.

Fox News does indeed run with complete fabrications. Hannity lies constantly. The bogus birther BS was a Fox News staple. The accusation that the Brits wiretapped Trump came from a Fox News show. ...

Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith seem to stay closer to the truth than the rest of the crowd. But overall, if I see something is from Fox News, I wait to see if a more reputable news source has it as well.

The Nation, The Economist, Wall Street Journal, NYT, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, NPR, Reuters, BBC, ... all are far more reliable sources of information.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:00 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,641 times
Twitter, but it depends who's tweeting it.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:00 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
I would say Wall Street Journal simply since its the most accessible. And their bias is pretty straight forward in terms of it being what they choose to report/placement as opposed to goosing the actual content. And I think listing the commentators credentials pretty much lets you know what you are getting from the editorials.

I never realized The Hill was conservative so they are doing a good job in terms of balance.

I also do not automatically have great faith in the more left leaning outlets.

I've been told by someone that has a child working at the CIA that BBC America is actually your best bet for news. He said most of the other outlets are basically entertainment at best and sloppy at worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies